Windows 10: Windows Store does not allow me to save games to any other drive than C:

Discus and support Windows Store does not allow me to save games to any other drive than C: in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I've started to have this problem recently and I think it may be the cause of very ****ed up permission levels. I'm trying to install Forza... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RadiantRX, Jan 4, 2020.

1. RadiantRX Win User

Windows Store does not allow me to save games to any other drive than C:

Hello, I've started to have this problem recently and I think it may be the cause of very ****ed up permission levels.

I'm trying to install Forza Horizon 4 on one of my 2TB drives, I have 2 of these in my system right now, under the Labels I: and F:. The issue is, when I press install, it instructs me to choose a drive to install to, so far so good until I choose the drive and press okay. Then nothing happens.

I've tried to change the location manually by going into storage > "change where new content is saved" > "new apps are saved to:" which just returns me with the error0x80070005. So far I have not been able to find anything on this error and just repeats of people constantly telling me to performchkdsk which I have, and it does absolutely nothing.

At this point I'm thinking about reinstalling everything but I have very very important video files and projects that I work on, uninstalling those would literally have me searching for hours to find all my plugins again and that is a risk I'm not going to take. I've had to reinstall windows a couple of times, as one thing messes up everything will soon follow.

:)

RadiantRX, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Games from App Store

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below for the Windows store downloads.

• Press Windows + E.

• Click on This PC at the top left corner.

• Click on C: Drive.

• Click on Program files.

• Click on Windows Apps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 4, 2020
  3. MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Cannot save an excel file to any location on C:

It sounds like you have Ransomware Protection turned on in Windows Security. You can check to see if it has recently blocked your Excel. See Option One in this tutorial, at Step 5 click 'Recently blocked apps'. If Excel appears there, add it to the list of allowed apps.

Add or Remove Allowed Apps for Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10

Bree, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Store does not allow me to save games to any other drive than C: - Similar Threads - Store does allow

2. If I install the game on a drive other than C drive and do gaming then how many GB of C...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I install the game on a drive other than C drive and do gaming then how many GB of C...: If I install the game on a drive other than C drive and do gaming then how many GB of C drive is required for Windows setup for good gaming? What would be your advice?...
  3. If I install the game on a drive other than C drive and do gaming then how many GB of C...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I install the game on a drive other than C drive and do gaming then how many GB of C...: If I install the game on a drive other than C drive and do gaming then how many GB of C drive is required for Windows setup for good gaming? What would be your advice?...
  4. Microsoft store wont install anywhere other than C: Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft store wont install anywhere other than C: Drive: I need help my pc storage is all into my D: drive and yet your microsoft store wont let me change directory where he install file always on C: this is not a one time proble ive seen LOT and LOTS of post concerning this probleme and none of them worked for me why does...
  5. Microsoft store wont install anywhere other than C: Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store wont install anywhere other than C: Drive: I need help my pc storage is all into my D: drive and yet your microsoft store wont let me change directory where he install file always on C: this is not a one time proble ive seen LOT and LOTS of post concerning this probleme and none of them worked for me why does...
  6. Microsoft store wont install anywhere other than C: Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Store will not let me install games on any other drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store will not let me install games on any other drive: Hello, I am trying to install a game from the microsoft store on my second harddrive but microsoft store will not pickup any other harddrive even after going into settings and changing where new content is saved. This solution worked once and never again back to ground...
  8. Doesn't allow me to save files in c drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Doesn't allow me to save files in c drive: Recently I got a computer and had an nvme drive installed. There were oddaties, I had one big file which I preferred if it didn't change it's location so they had to split drives and so on and so forths anyways I'm trying to save a file in c but I'm getting a prompt saying...
  9. Microsoft store won’t allow me to download to any other drive but the C drive.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store won’t allow me to download to any other drive but the C drive.: I can download to the c drive with no problems at all. My issue is that my c drive is small and I use another for my games. When i try to install to another drive i get an error 0x80070057. I have tried the following update Windows reset Microsoft store changed storage...
  10. how to change the default save location to any other area than C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to change the default save location to any other area than C:: Can anybody help with my question how to change the default save location in Windows 10? At this moment the only option is C: (and therefor no option)...