Windows 10: Windows store does not see my HDD DRIVES. Only my SSDs?

Discus and support Windows store does not see my HDD DRIVES. Only my SSDs? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can someone explain how do we fix this bug / limitation / smart Microsoft feature? [img] C and E are SSD drives which I will not want to fill... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DaveBG, Nov 7, 2016.

1. DaveBG Win User

Windows store does not see my HDD DRIVES. Only my SSDs?

Can someone explain how do we fix this bug / limitation / smart Microsoft feature?

Windows store does not see my HDD DRIVES. Only my SSDs? [​IMG]

C and E are SSD drives which I will not want to fill with DEMO games but STORE does not see any of my 3TB HDDs from which I have several!!

link to pic:
    http://oi65.tinypic.com/300ts8p.jpg

:)

DaveBG, Nov 7, 2016

2. Windows Store does not Detect all Storage Options

Hello,

When installing games on the Windows Store one of my hard drives is not listed as a possible install directory.

The drive is seen in My Computer as well as Disk Management, but not in "Local Storage" in "Storage" under Windows 10's settings.

Only SSD and M.2 drives are shown.

Is there any way to point Windows Store to the HDD drive directly or can it just not see the older hardware?

Thanks,

~ Jason

-----------

Windows 10 (64 bit) Pro, Version 1703

JasonWanderer, Nov 7, 2016
  3. DustenH Win User
    Cannot change install location of apps in Windows 10

i have an issue where i can see the drive to change it to, but changing does nothing, tried everything, even reinstalling windows over to fix any issues, currently running windows 10 ver. 1607. it is very frustrating. i can only install games to my c:
    drive and i want them on another hdd with my other games.

DustenH, Nov 7, 2016
Thema:

Windows store does not see my HDD DRIVES. Only my SSDs?

1. Windows store does not see my HDD DRIVES. Only my SSDs? - Similar Threads - store does HDD

2. my computer does not see my usb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my computer does not see my usb drive: my computer does not see my usb device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-see-my-usb-drive/d3a46900-232b-4091-8fdd-e7cd4e6ba80e
  3. my computer does not see my usb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer does not see my usb drive: my computer does not see my usb device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-see-my-usb-drive/d3a46900-232b-4091-8fdd-e7cd4e6ba80e
  4. my computer does not see my usb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. reusing HDD - BIOS sees it, but Windows does not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reusing HDD - BIOS sees it, but Windows does not: Got my SSD working with a fresh install of Windows, and wanted to use the 1.0TB HDD that was in there as a secondary data storage drive now. It was the main drive of the computer originally.So I have the 500GB SSD on SATA0, and I hooked the HDD up to SATA1. I have the BIOS...
  6. reusing HDD - BIOS sees it, but Windows does not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reusing HDD - BIOS sees it, but Windows does not: Got my SSD working with a fresh install of Windows, and wanted to use the 1.0TB HDD that was in there as a secondary data storage drive now. It was the main drive of the computer originally.So I have the 500GB SSD on SATA0, and I hooked the HDD up to SATA1. I have the BIOS...
  7. Microsoft Store not seeing any of my drives.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not seeing any of my drives.: So basically I wanted to install a game, but it only sees my C: drive, not my D or E. I've tried changing where new content's saved, or uninstalling and re-installing the drive, resetting it with wsreset and everything. Still, it doesn't work. I've had games installed from it...
  8. Windows 10 does not see my external hard drives

Windows 10 does not see my external hard drives: Acer Aspire HDMI DESKTOP-I2PLF68 Intel Core i5-9400 2.90 GHz 12.0 GB 11.9 GB usable core 4 I have tried to use the device mgr and other recommended steps in support section. I even tried to reformat one of the HD's which does show up as a primary...
  9. Can see my HDD in BIOS but not in windows

Can see my HDD in BIOS but not in windows: My son's Dell 8700 crashed during a Windows update. It has since been passed onto 'Dad' to fix. I have taken out the 32 Gb SSD which was used for caching only, and replaced with 500 Gb SSD which runs very well on Win10 version 1909. I want to use the HDD for data but as above...
  10. pc does not see my wd external hdd

pc does not see my wd external hdd: my pc does not see my external wd hdd connected to usb port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/pc-does-not-see-my-wd-external-hdd/2f5bba80-1670-49e5-b4a4-0bd741d741d3