Windows 10: Windows Store doesn't run, apps say I should register

Discus and support Windows Store doesn't run, apps say I should register in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I am not sure if there is already a relevant thread, please point me there. As the title suggests, Windows Store won't load and when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by spapakons, Jun 22, 2021.

1. spapakons Win User

Windows Store doesn't run, apps say I should register

Hello! I am not sure if there is already a relevant thread, please point me there. As the title suggests, Windows Store won't load and when I try to start an app (Microsoft Mahjong) I get an error message: Microsoft Mahjong is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Heres the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001 I tried to reset the cache with wsreset, it didn't work. I also tried to reset the Windows Store fro Settings, it didn't work. Here is a copy of what I did in PowerShell but did not work: Code: Windows PowerShellCopyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Try the new cross-platform PowerShell https://aka.ms/pscore6 PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> C: \ WINDOWS \ system32> Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$ ($ _. InstallLocation) \ AppXManifest.xml"} PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it m odifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_120.2212.5 51.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 729510e4-6756-0002-d81d-96725667d701 in the Event Log or use th e command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 729510e4-6756-0002-d81d-96725667d701 At line:1 char:28 + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it m odifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_120.2212.5 51.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 729510e4-6756-0004-a27c-96725667d701 in the Event Log or use th e command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 729510e4-6756-0004-a27c-96725667d701 At line:1 char:28 + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it m odifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceH ost_10.0.19041.610_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 729510e4-6756-0006-bd65-96725667d701 in the Event Log or use th e command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 729510e4-6756-0006-bd65-96725667d701 At line:1 char:28 + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_12104.1001.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it m odifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_120.2212.5 51.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 729510e4-6756-0002-8e9e-96725667d701 in the Event Log or use th e command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 729510e4-6756-0002-8e9e-96725667d701 At line:1 char:28 + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommandAdd-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use.error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_120.2212.551.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy.NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 729510e4-6756-0006-84b4-96725667d701 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 729510e4-6756-0006-84b4-96725667d701At line:1 char:28+ ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ...+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommandAdd-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use.error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.19041.610_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy.NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 729510e4-6756-0002-e39e-96725667d701 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 729510e4-6756-0002-e39e-96725667d701At line:1 char:28+ ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ...+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommandPS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Any suggestions appreciated. Of course I would not like to reinstall Windows 10 or lose any data. Thank you.

:)

spapakons, Jun 22, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows Store doesn't run, apps say I should register [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Windows 10, App store doesn´t work

Hello,

Try re-registering Store app. Perform these steps:

1. Search for Windows PowerShell using Cortana or Windows Search.

2. From results, right click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

3. Then type following command and press Enter key:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Let the command complete.

4. Close Windows PowerShell and check Store app, it should work fine now.

Let us know if this helps!

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jun 22, 2021
  4. Windows Store doesn't run, apps say I should register

Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi Vijay,

thanks for response. I tried your steps with a Google DNS and Open DNS - but it doesn´t help.

The game still crashes in the moment I try to run it.

I'll be glad for another solutions.

Vít Řípa, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows Store doesn't run, apps say I should register

1. Windows Store doesn't run, apps say I should register - Similar Threads - Store doesn't run

2. My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and...: My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and taskbar is u responsive what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-doesnt-open-apps-anymore-settings-and/e64a2222-30ee-4345-92ac-cf63033e436b
  3. My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and...: My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and taskbar is u responsive what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-doesnt-open-apps-anymore-settings-and/e64a2222-30ee-4345-92ac-cf63033e436b
  4. My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Connect App says my device doesn't support Miracast but it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect App says my device doesn't support Miracast but it should: I'm experiencing an issue when trying to connect another device to my PC using Miracast. The Connect App says that my PC does not support Miracast, so I cannot project to it wirelessly, however I have checked my specs and Miracast should be compatible. I have additionally...
  6. Connect App says my device doesn't support Miracast but it should

Connect App says my device doesn't support Miracast but it should: I'm experiencing an issue when trying to connect another device to my PC using Miracast. The Connect App says that my PC does not support Miracast, so I cannot project to it wirelessly, however I have checked my specs and Miracast should be compatible. I have additionally...
  7. Store App doesn't show up in library and doesn't register as installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store App doesn't show up in library and doesn't register as installed: I installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from the Windows store. The app works perfectly fine, but it does not show in my Windows Store library and if I visit the store page there is still an option to click "Install", even though it is already installed on my system through the...
  8. Store App doesn't show up in library and doesn't register as installed

Store App doesn't show up in library and doesn't register as installed: I installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from the Windows store. The app works perfectly fine, but it does not show in my Windows Store library and if I visit the store page there is still an option to click "Install", even though it is already installed on my system through the...
  9. Microsoft Store purchase will not run, says it is not a verified app?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store purchase will not run, says it is not a verified app?: I installed an app on my child's computer, "GIMP 2.10 Store Version" and everytime she tries to run it, it says it isn't a verified app from the Microsoft Store. But that's where I downloaded it from. Even launching it from the Store has the same result. Her PC is in S mode...
  10. registering Microsoft store doesn't work

registering Microsoft store doesn't work: My microsoft store, and mail won't open and I tried registering the program and this is what I get. First, it was find yesterday all of a sudden it's not. I had trouble like this about a week ago. Had to reinstall windows in place. Now I ran 2 commands and neither can fix...