Windows 10: Windows Store download broken Forza Horizon 4

Discus and support Windows Store download broken Forza Horizon 4 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I spent all of yesterday downloading Forza Horizon 4. I shut down the computer last night, trusting Windows Store's ability to resume the download.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JoanneYork1, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Windows Store download broken Forza Horizon 4

I spent all of yesterday downloading Forza Horizon 4. I shut down the computer last night, trusting Windows Store's ability to resume the download.

It hasn't.

What I now have is the mostly downloaded 60+GB/70GB files stuck in a folder which your operating system won't let me access, taking up space, such that I can't even start from the beginning because I don't have enough space on the drive for a new install from scratch.

Why has it done this and what does microsoft intend on doing to fix it?

:)

JoanneYork1, Dec 28, 2019
  2. birdfries Win User

Downloading Forza Horizon 4 stuck at "Starting Download"

Hi all. I'm trying to download Horizon 4 via Game Pass from the Microsoft Store. If I download the "Forza Horizon 4 Standard Edition", it gets stuck at "Acquiring License" infinitely and the downloads list shows Horizon 4 as "Starting Download", and if
    I try just downloading the app just called "Forza Horizon 4", it stays stuck at "Starting Download".

These are the things I've tried:

In-Place Windows Upgrade to fix my install

WSReset.exe

Terminating and Resetting Microsoft Store app

Re-registering Windows Store through Powershell

sfc /scannow (No problems detected)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth (No problems detected)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth (No problems detected)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth (No problems detected)

Stopping Windows Update service

Stopping wuauserv and BITS and clearing SoftwareDistribution

Resetting network settings

Running Tweaking.com’s Windows Repair tool

Windows Store troubleshooter (No problems detected)

Performing a Clean Boot

Logging out of and into MS Account

And yes, no updates are currently available for my PC.

birdfries, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Problem with Forza Horizon 4

Hi Hope

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Have you tried lowering your screen resolution to see if the game launches?

How much free space do you have on the drive?

Could you confirm if this also happens in the default Administrator account?

Open Start

Type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

net user administrator/active:yes

Hit Enter

Close command prompt, restart, then try signing into the Administrator account.

Do you have the latest cumulative updates for Windows 10 1803 installed?

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Scroll down to Forza Horizon 4

Select it

Click Advanced options

Click Reset

Restart

Check the Store for updates

If that does not work...

download the following utility and use it to remove Forza Horizon 4, extract it, launch it, scroll through the list, select Forza 4 then click Remove.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcen...

Reinstall it Forza Horizon 4 - Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon...

Andre for Directly, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Windows Store download broken Forza Horizon 4

Forza horizon 4

Hi Stian

Have you tried lowering your screen resolution to see if the game launches?

How much free space do you have on the drive?

Could you confirm if this also happens in the default Administrator account?

Open Start

Type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

net user administrator/active:yes

Hit Enter

Close command prompt, restart, then try signing into the Administrator account.

Do you have the latest cumulative updates for Windows 10 1803 installed?

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Scroll down to Forza Horizon 4

Select it

Click Advanced options

Click Reset

Restart

Check the Store for updates

If that does not work...

download the following utility and use it to remove Forza Horizon 4:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcen...

Download and reinstall Forza Horizon 4 - Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon...

Andre for Directly, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows Store download broken Forza Horizon 4

1. Windows Store download broken Forza Horizon 4 - Similar Threads - Store download broken

2. Forza Horizon 4 not downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 not downloading: I had Forza Horizon 4 installed on my PC before I had to reset due to it being full. I tried to download FH4 again from the microsoft store, I can click on install but when I choose the drive I want it on and press install nothing happens. I've tried numerous fixes and none...
  3. Forza Horizon 4 Microsoft Store Download Error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Forza Horizon 4 Microsoft Store Download Error: This is the error code: 0x80073CFB I tryed everything what i found on the internet,but nothing helped me. i bought 3 months game pass and the game is included with it so i dont know what i need to do... Pls dear support help me.......
  4. forza horizon 4 download

forza horizon 4 download: hi all, after spending over $100 on this game plus addons I was welcomed by a download system that is frankly appalling, I started the download on my wifi that is not very fast and later on needed to pause the download at about 10gb, after unpausing it corrupted the 10gb and...
  5. Windows Store not downloading Forza Horizon 4

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Store not downloading Forza Horizon 4: Bought Forza horizon 4 over Christmas while I was visiting family in the Netherlands and now coming home when I try and install it on my pc it gives error Code: 0x803F8001 while it tries to acquire the license. I've tried restarting my pc, and deleting some caches, and...
  6. Problems downloading Forza Horizon 4 from Windows Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems downloading Forza Horizon 4 from Windows Store: Hi! So I first purchased Forza Horizon 4 on 27th Dec 2018, the game installed fine and ran perfectly - no issues at all. However, I went to play the game this morning and it would force close upon starting. I tried numerous fixes like updating windows, my graphics drivers,...
  7. FORZA HORIZON 4 download broken

FORZA HORIZON 4 download broken: It took way too long i feel and now just keeps increasing in size as the time goes. Does anyone have a fix for this? I'm really frustrated, also the download bar is not all the way at the end. even though I have researched and the game is less than 60gbs. Help...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 download problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 download problem: I pre ordered the Forza Horizon 4 standard edition on 1st October, but the download seems to never end. It keeps on increasing and increasing. Please tell me a way !! One more thing.... I am never going to buy anything on microsoft store again !!...
  9. forza horizon 4 pc . purchased but wont download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forza horizon 4 pc . purchased but wont download: hi i have bought the ultimate edition of forza but i cant install from microsoft site! all my problems are shown in pics below. help is appreciated thankyou.[IMG][ATTACH]...
  10. Forza horizon 4 Microsoft store bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza horizon 4 Microsoft store bug?: Alright so i pre-ordered forza horizon 4 ultimate edition and the purchase went through just fine no problem and i was playing it just today but now i try to play and its telling me i got a refund (i didnt) i go to my payment settings it says declined but it was fine just...