Windows 10: Windows store download corrupt. Unable to reset download cache

Discus and support Windows store download corrupt. Unable to reset download cache in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi! I recently queued up a few different programs in my downloads list on the Microsoft Store, among which was State of Decay 2. It seems something... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Toffelfabrik, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Windows store download corrupt. Unable to reset download cache

Hi!

I recently queued up a few different programs in my downloads list on the Microsoft Store, among which was State of Decay 2. It seems something must've gone wrong with it though. Each time I try to install it it loads for a few seconds and gets stuck on 17.38MB, and then does nothing. It also shows up in the start menu, showing a small progress bar. I can right click and click "uninstall", which doesn't seem to do anything either, and after this I cannot even go back into the downloads page on the Microsoft Store (it just loads endlessly). If I restart the PC and try again, the same thing happens.

The game also doesn't show up in the apps list in the settings, and doesn't seem to have created an install directory, so running something like Revo Uninstaller Pro doesn't seem viable.

So far I've tried resetting the store via the Windows settings (which did nothing), force resetting it and clearing the Microsoft Store cache, but to no avail.

Is there another was to force reset the entire microsoft store?

I have no idea what to do, so any tips would be appreciated.

:)

Toffelfabrik, Dec 1, 2019
  2. clayto Win User

Store apps will not download or update

Yet again I am unable to download or update apps from the Store. I now have fourteen pending or otherwise stuck. In the past I have solved this by turning the Windows Firewall (managed by Norton) back on temporarily but this time it is already on. I have tried resetting the Store cache and other fixes but nothing works. sfc and DISM have been run.

Suggestions please?

clayto, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Unable to download from Windows Store

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

• What is the actual issue you are facing?
    • Are you unable to download Apps from Windows Store?

Please provide us a screen shot of the issue if possible.

I suggest you to reset Windows Store by following the steps below and check if it helps.

Press “Windows key + R”, type “WSReset.exe” (without quotes) and press Enter.

Please revert with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Windows store download corrupt. Unable to reset download cache

Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows store download corrupt. Unable to reset download cache

1. Windows store download corrupt. Unable to reset download cache - Similar Threads - store download corrupt

2. Windows updates not downloading and Microsoft store not downloading after pc reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows updates not downloading and Microsoft store not downloading after pc reset: So i recently reset my pc, so I had to download everything again, but when I tried downloading any app from the microsoft store, I either get an error message or "downloading 1%", which it never actually makes any progress. When I check my windows updates, its flooded with...
  3. Windows updates not downloading and Microsoft store not downloading after pc reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates not downloading and Microsoft store not downloading after pc reset: So i recently reset my pc, so I had to download everything again, but when I tried downloading any app from the microsoft store, I either get an error message or "downloading 1%", which it never actually makes any progress. When I check my windows updates, its flooded with...
  4. Windows updates not downloading and Microsoft store not downloading after pc reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft store not downloading app, even after complete computer wipe, cache reset and...

Microsoft store not downloading app, even after complete computer wipe, cache reset and...: So i own a game called ARK survival evolved, i had installed it and have been playing it for a while, this morning it updated, but windows store hasnt been able to install it at all, it installs to a point then just stops and sits there, i looked online and have thus far done...
  6. Microsoft store download reset.

Microsoft store download reset.: I was downloading Forza Horizon 3 and have a slow connection and downloaded 20gbs in 7 hrs so far, I paused the download for 10 mins to get some work done but when i resumed it, it was reset and didn' even store the cache i had 118 Gb left in the drive before downloading...
  7. Unable to Download Windows Store Purchase

Unable to Download Windows Store Purchase: I asked this on Microsoft Community but haven' gotten a response. I purchased a new laptop. I then purchased a game but misspelled my last name. I was able to correct the misspelling but still can't find a way to download my purchase. Am I missing something? James 114465
  8. Corruption on downloads

in Browsers and Email
    Corruption on downloads: So I'm going to start off by saying that I looked all over the internet for solutions but to no avail, Everything people say to do like turning of Firewall (For some reason?) does not work. And here I am, having to post a forum post about it. So what the problem is that when...
  9. Unable to download from store

Unable to download from store: Greetings, I am unable to download anything from the store. Every time I try a download it stays set to "Pending". I have tried everything I could find on the net from wsreset.exe to checking updates to calling on the flying spaghetti monster. Nothing helps. Initially...
  10. STORE cache corruption

STORE cache corruption: Store apps work fine yet STORE apps troubleshooter reports that "Windows STORE cache may be damaged/corrupted." Despite the following measures the error is "not fixed." STORE has been reset (WSRESET). STORE apps have been reregistered. (Get-AppXPackage | Foreach...