Windows 10: Windows Store "Downloads and Updates" stuck on 'Pending' for more than 24 hours

Discus and support Windows Store "Downloads and Updates" stuck on 'Pending' for more than 24 hours in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have a number of updates stuck in "Pending" status, seemingly triggered when the Xbox Beta app said it needed an update. They have been this way... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Postjm9, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Postjm9 Win User

Windows Store "Downloads and Updates" stuck on 'Pending' for more than 24 hours

I have a number of updates stuck in "Pending" status, seemingly triggered when the Xbox Beta app said it needed an update.

They have been this way for more than 24 hours now, and a system restart just brings it back to the same state.

Is this a known issue with a known solution?

Let me know if I need to provide more information.

Windows Store "Downloads and Updates" stuck on 'Pending' for more than 24 hours cd9de369-d540-4025-a76b-df7f0e0763bb?upload=true.jpg

Windows Store "Downloads and Updates" stuck on 'Pending' for more than 24 hours 24e396af-2fee-43c0-a0ea-ff0c1da572db?upload=true.jpg

:)

Postjm9, Feb 17, 2020

2. WP8: All my podcasts are stuck in 'Pending'

I noticed this morning that none of my podcast subscriptions had been updated. When I looked at the list of Downloads in the Store, I saw that all the missing episodes were there and marked as "Pending". There was also two episodes that I'd
    successfully downloaded and listened to a few days ago -- one of those episodes was listed as "Completed" and another was listed "Waiting for Wi-Fi".

(NOTE: I know that the out-of-the-box setting for podcast downloads requires a connection to wifi. I've been connected to wifi for at least the last 24 hours.)

I think that the Podcast app is horked and is stuck in some kind of error state.

I've tried:

- toggling wifi

- restarting the phone

- enabling podcast download over 4G

- restarting the phone after disabling wifi

- deleting some of the pending episodes

- connecting to a different wifi SSID

Anyone have any suggestions?

-Ben

Benjamin Day, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 store on phone stuck pending

Yes! Yes! Yes! I have found the solution a little bit typical but it will save you from resets and losing your data.

STEPS

1. Select update all in downloads and updates in store in windows 10 mobile phone.

2. Let them start downloading .

3. Now select pause all in same menu.

4. This time you will get two option in front of all apps resume and cancel even on those apps which are stuck.

5. Now cancel the every app from list by clicking on cross one by one.

6. Now you have got empty download list but still you will see stuck apps in phone's app list at pending.

7. Again open the store and search there for the same app which is stuck on your phone.

8. Click on install on app page in store and wait.

9. A pop up menu will come written something went wrong just close it and keep waiting on same page.

10. Now the final step app will start downloading automatically and what you have to do is just click on cross when it comes.

11. BINGO! App has been removed from your app list no hard reset no lose of data just a little patience is required i have found the solution myself because i was sailing in same boat.

sahilsharma125, Feb 17, 2020
  4. tghmonkey Win User

Windows Store download stuck on PENDING/STARTING DOWNLOAD

Recently I have tried to download a game on the Windows store on Windows 10. It was a free game. It didn't get past the pending part and I couldn't do anything. I have tried:

• Press Windows button + R Type wsreset.exe
    • Troubleshooting the windows update thing
    I want to be able to download the game without clearing all my apps. It is now on the 'Starting download' part and is stuck again. I have previously downloaded other apps and it usually downloads very fast.

Could someone please give me a solution?

Thanks

tghmonkey, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Store "Downloads and Updates" stuck on 'Pending' for more than 24 hours - Similar Threads - Store Downloads Updates

2. Microsoft store downloads and updates stuck on pending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store downloads and updates stuck on pending: Hi, my Microsoft store isn't downloading or updating any of my applications and is stuck on pending and not changing status. I have tried repairing and resetting but it isn't fixing the issue. I tried downloading the Xbox app from the site but it gets stuck and doesn't...
  3. Microsoft store downloads and updates stuck on pending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store downloads and updates stuck on pending: Hi, my Microsoft store isn't downloading or updating any of my applications and is stuck on pending and not changing status. I have tried repairing and resetting but it isn't fixing the issue. I tried downloading the Xbox app from the site but it gets stuck and doesn't...
  4. Dns server unavailable for more than 24 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dns server unavailable for more than 24 hours: I have been experiencing this dns error for more than 24 hours now and not once did i get my internet back i tried all methods that was available on the internet, ie the commands used in cmd promt like flushdns, renew dns, register dns, winsock int ip, ipconfig etc etc, i...
  5. Dns server unavailable for more than 24 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dns server unavailable for more than 24 hours: I have been experiencing this dns error for more than 24 hours now and not once did i get my internet back i tried all methods that was available on the internet, ie the commands used in cmd promt like flushdns, renew dns, register dns, winsock int ip, ipconfig etc etc, i...
  6. Windows Update stuck in Please Wait Screen for more than an hour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update stuck in Please Wait Screen for more than an hour: I have a HP Laptop that has updates installed regularly. Today once the update was initiated the system is stuck @ Please wait screen.There is NO way to know when is this going to finish OR is it even progressing.Loosing trust with Microsoft when such issues are encountered...
  7. Windows Update stuck in Please Wait Screen for more than an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update stuck in Please Wait Screen for more than an hour: I have a HP Laptop that has updates installed regularly. Today once the update was initiated the system is stuck @ Please wait screen.There is NO way to know when is this going to finish OR is it even progressing.Loosing trust with Microsoft when such issues are encountered...
  8. Stuck on an update more than 24 hours ago

Stuck on an update more than 24 hours ago: The Windows update arrived today, and this is where my system is currently. Endless update in progress, and I'm a bit frustrated why I should run into this issue through your updates. I don't have the ability to figure this out on my own. Please help, everything was fine...
  9. Windows 10 update taking more than 24 hours

Windows 10 update taking more than 24 hours: Started the update on Tuesday around 5:00 pm and it was still running the following day at 5:00 pm. Message said it was running the update 100%. I need my computer so I shut it off. When I restarted it backed the upgrade back off automatically since it wasn't finished....
  10. Windows 10 update stuck frozen for more than 2 hours

Windows 10 update stuck frozen for more than 2 hours: When I restart my laptop. It was working good for a while, but suddenly when it became 96% it stops. What should I do now? I am scared that my file will disappear if I shut down the laptop. Plz help me [IMG]...