Windows 10: Windows Store / Edge will not connect to internet

Discus and support Windows Store / Edge will not connect to internet in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm getting error 0x80072EFD and 0x80131500 in Windows Store and Microsoft Edge also refuses to connect to website but everything else works fine... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PeterQuiringMagna, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Windows Store / Edge will not connect to internet

I'm getting error 0x80072EFD and 0x80131500 in Windows Store and Microsoft Edge also refuses to connect to website but everything else works fine (Chrome, Firefox).

I upgraded to Windows 10 1809 before it got pulled.

I tried all the helps out there (don't use a proxy, sfc, dism, reset network settings, run troubleshooters, disable firewall, disable AV, etc.).

Wireshark shows no packets leaving so the apps aren't even trying to connect. Some DLL or Registry setting must have gotten fried.

Most likely will have to reinstall after 1809 is re-released. Don't want to install 1803 only to upgrade in a week to 1809.

Thanks,

:)

PeterQuiringMagna, Nov 7, 2018

2. Microsoft Edge and Windows Store not connecting to Internet

Hi Martin,

Those suggestions did not help me connect those applications to the internet Windows Store / Edge will not connect to internet :( Do you have any other suggestions? Outlook, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and other programs can access the internet; Cortana, Microsoft Edge, the Windows Store, and the suggested
    Lock Screen wallpaper thing have stopped being able to access.

Thanks,

Samuel

Samuel Lawrence, Nov 7, 2018
  3. edge will not open and no internet connection

Hi,

This issue happens due to network privacy settings, antivirus settings, or an incompatible network driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Also, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Apps & features, and then press Enter.
    • From the list of apps, look for Microsoft Edge, and then click on it.
    • Click on Advanced options link.
    • Click on Reset button.
    • Click on Reset button again to confirm.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Windows Store / Edge will not connect to internet

Microsoft Store opening- Internet connection problem error code 0x80072efd

Hi Syed,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with accessing Microsoft Edge and Windows Store with error: 0x80072efd, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know if you are using wired/ wireless internet connection on your device?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Use
    Internet Connection Troubleshooter.

Internet Connection Troubleshooter find and fix the problems with connecting to the internet or to websites.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Internet Connection Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to clear cache and cookies from the Microsoft Edge browser.

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on
      More Action at the right top corner.
    • Click on Settings, click on
      Choose what to clear
      under Clear browsing data.
    • Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit
      Clear.
    • Close the browser and try to open it again.

Step 3: Run WSReset.exe .

• Press Windows+R key to open Run box
    • Enter wsreset.exe in the Run command and then tap or click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows Store / Edge will not connect to internet

1. Windows Store / Edge will not connect to internet - Similar Threads - Store Edge connect

2. Windows Store not connected to the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Store not connected to the internet.: Hello, I've been trying to get help everywhere but no one is helping. Microsoft was no help at all either they literally did nothing for me. Basically I can't play Minecraft anymore and I believe its because I'm unable to sign into the Microsoft store due to it not being...
  3. Edge does not connect to internet

Edge does not connect to internet: Edge does not connect to internet. Both Internet Explorer and Firefox will connect. This just occurred this morning. What can I do to resolve the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-does-not-connect-to-internet/73fb128f-7af9-4aea-8147-886e615d4355
  4. Code: 0x80131500 in Store/Edge won't connect to internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Code: 0x80131500 in Store/Edge won't connect to internet: Hi, this morning I completed a system refresh do to my audio not working on my laptop. Now it works just fine. But as it goes I lost a few little apps. Every time I open my store I get the error code 0x80131500. I didn't think much about it but Edge also won't connect to the...
  5. Edge does not connect to internet

Edge does not connect to internet: Hi, I have been experiencing "unable to find web page" using MS Edge. I ran Troubleshoot and it said unable to automatically detect Proxy settings. I have followed all the steps from previous posts (Reset TCP/IP, check LAN settings, SFC scan, DISM scan etc, etc) to try...
  6. Edge not connecting to Internet

Edge not connecting to Internet: Edge opens, but has stopped connecting to the internet... It will not find any web site. I get the message: 'Can't reach this page' no matter what HTML I use. The details show: "There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page. Error Code:...
  7. windows store won't connect to the internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows store won't connect to the internet: it was fine, but one day it suddenly disconnected with the wifi. Every time I get on my microsoft store, it says it needs internet and I am not connected. More over, all the apps I got from the store are appeared offline. However, other apps are fine, and the browsers are...
  8. Edge unable to connect to the internet

Edge unable to connect to the internet: I just installed the latest OS update (Windows Insider - Slow Ring) OS 17713.1002. Edge will not connect to the internet. Internet Explorer will work OK....
  9. Neither Windows Store nor Edge Recognizing Internet connection

Neither Windows Store nor Edge Recognizing Internet connection: I continuously get Code: 0x80072EFD in Microsoft Store, but Microsoft Edge as well as Cortana. It will open my settings menu, which again says that my wifi isn't connected to any network, much less the internet. (which, it is otherwise I sure the hell couldn't be posting...
  10. Unable to connect to the internet in Windows 10, but not for Edge

Unable to connect to the internet in Windows 10, but not for Edge: I've just recently upgraded my computer from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After that, I am facing internet connection problem. I'm still able to connect to the wifi and have no problem connecting by the ethernet port, however, the only problem is I am unable access other...