Windows 10: Windows Store Error

Discus and support Windows Store Error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone able to help with this? I keep getting error code 0x80072efd when I try to open the windows store. I've tried all the stuff I can find to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cmb11792, Mar 16, 2016.

1. cmb11792 Win User

Windows Store Error

Anyone able to help with this?

I keep getting error code 0x80072efd when I try to open the windows store. I've tried all the stuff I can find to fix it, using wsreset, clearing startup and services lists out, running update troubleshooter, uninstall it and reinstall it, running a powershell command to reregister it. I can't get anything to work and get the store working correctly. I just did the upgrade from 7 to 10 yesterday so there shouldn't even be anything affecting it yet. I haven't even had a chance to play with it.

I've updated all of my drivers, and windows update is not giving the error. Just the store. While it's not necessarily a problem since I can just use the web for most stuff, it would be nice to actually have access to all of the features of win 10.

:)

cmb11792, Mar 16, 2016

2. Windows store not working getting error code 0x80072EFD.

Site: error

windows store error code 0x80072EFD

not working store

Rakesh KumarBajad, Mar 16, 2016
  3. Windows store error code 0x80072EFD Windows 10.

Windows store is showing some error The error code is 0x80072EFD.How can I solve it?

<Old title: windows store error>

arvinddappili, Mar 16, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows Store Error

error code 0x80072efd is a server error.

Are you now using IE11 or Edge ?
    If you are using IE11, give this a try................
    Open IE > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab at the top > scroll all the way down to security heading > make sure the boxes TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 are checked > click OK when done.

If that does not help, have a look at the answer posted in another forum:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...b-2cffa916a15f

davidhk, Mar 16, 2016
  5. cmb11792 Win User
    I did try the TLS at some point and it didn't work. I tried the things in the answers link, including the kb link that was in it and it still isn't working. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the reply

I've also tried to ask on microsoft support, however for some reason the log in page does not load in any browser for me.

cmb11792, Mar 16, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Have you tried system file check to look for corrupt files ?
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

davidhk, Mar 16, 2016
  7. cmb11792 Win User
    I'll try running it now and see if it helps.

cmb11792, Mar 16, 2016
  8. cmb11792 Win User

Windows Store Error

So it came back with unable to repair. the link is for a dropbox of the results. The file was too big for here.

Dropbox - CBS.log

cmb11792, Mar 16, 2016
  9. cmb11792 Win User
    So I tried to just add a microsoft account to my system, and found it's not letting me do that either. It seems like it might be that something is stopping me from even connecting to microsoft.

cmb11792, Mar 16, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Mar 16, 2016
  11. cmb11792 Win User
    I ended up getting it to work, but I had to do a reset on my system to restore all the settings to default. Not sure what got messed up but it seems to be fixed now.

cmb11792, Mar 16, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    If it gives you an error message " Source files cannot be found ", use the following method.......................

Use the Tech Bench link below and download the iso file
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench
    Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount >
    Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

davidhk, Mar 16, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

Windows Store Error

Wonderful.
    If no more issues, please mark your thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Store Error

1. Windows Store Error - Similar Threads - Store Error

2. Microsoft Store Check Your Connection error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Check Your Connection error: Hi,I am using Windows 10 Pro and I cannot access the Microsoft Store. When I open it, I get a message saying "Check your connection. Microsoft Store needs to be online. It looks like you're not." Underneath this message, there is a button labeled "Check Connection", it brings...
  3. Microsoft Store Check Your Connection error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Check Your Connection error: Hi,I am using Windows 10 Pro and I cannot access the Microsoft Store. When I open it, I get a message saying "Check your connection. Microsoft Store needs to be online. It looks like you're not." Underneath this message, there is a button labeled "Check Connection", it brings...
  4. Microsoft Store Check Your Connection error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to fix Microsoft store error "Something went wrong. we're aware of the issue and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Microsoft store error "Something went wrong. we're aware of the issue and...: I would put an image here but it says "Files failed to upload." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-microsoft-store-error-something-went/a1c33dbb-36d1-48d5-85cb-62b89c4948be
  6. How to fix Microsoft store error "Something went wrong. we're aware of the issue and...

How to fix Microsoft store error "Something went wrong. we're aware of the issue and...: I would put an image here but it says "Files failed to upload." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-microsoft-store-error-something-went/a1c33dbb-36d1-48d5-85cb-62b89c4948be
  7. windows update and microsoft store app instalation error 0x801901f4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update and microsoft store app instalation error 0x801901f4: i am facing windows update and Ms store error since 1.5 years lots of time i connect with the customer care of microsft and visit lots of time to the ASUS india Service center but my issue is not resolve....
  8. windows update and microsoft store app instalation error 0x801901f4

windows update and microsoft store app instalation error 0x801901f4: i am facing windows update and Ms store error since 1.5 years lots of time i connect with the customer care of microsft and visit lots of time to the ASUS india Service center but my issue is not resolve....
  9. Cannot install Xbox app on Windows 10 through Microsoft Store & KernalBase.dll errors

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot install Xbox app on Windows 10 through Microsoft Store & KernalBase.dll errors: Earlier today I attempted to open the Xbox app and it crashed instantly on start-up. I opened the Event Viewer and found that the error was with my KernalBase.dll file. I attempted to fix the issue by running various commands in the CMD with elevated permissions. This...
  10. Cannot install Xbox app on Windows 10 through Microsoft Store & KernalBase.dll errors

Cannot install Xbox app on Windows 10 through Microsoft Store & KernalBase.dll errors: Earlier today I attempted to open the Xbox app and it crashed instantly on start-up. I opened the Event Viewer and found that the error was with my KernalBase.dll file. I attempted to fix the issue by running various commands in the CMD with elevated permissions. This...