Windows 10: windows store game has to be "clicked on" to go full screen

Discus and support windows store game has to be "clicked on" to go full screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; OK, so first of all this is the Game Pass version of FFXV. All my steam and otherwise games do NOT have this issue. When I start the game, it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rob Martin519, May 16, 2020.

1. windows store game has to be "clicked on" to go full screen

OK, so first of all this is the Game Pass version of FFXV. All my steam and otherwise games do NOT have this issue.

When I start the game, it will open full screen, but I will still have the mouse pointer and if I scroll to the top, or bottom of the screen I see the "top" bar or taskbar respectively. Now, if I click on a area of the screen it will go to proper full screen, or I guess the proper word is it will focus on the game. This of course then means I don't see the mouse cursor. How the heck do I configure this so that when I start this game it will focus correctly without me having to click on it. I of course have the in game option setting set to fullscreen and if it matters I am using a Gsync compatible monitor.

Sorry if my explanation is confusing, but this is my first Microsoft Store game, and I don't know the proper terminology.

:)

Rob Martin519, May 16, 2020

2. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., May 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Game Apps

Based on the error you've received, this seems to be due to corrupted Store cache. We suggest manually resetting the Store app from the Settings menu. Here are the steps:

• Click Start, then Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, then click Reset.
    • Click Reset again to confirm.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Sign in to the app. Launch the game and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend accessing the game from the Start menu. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list. Check if you encounter the same issue.

We also recommend signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user profile. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Restart the game to see if it works correctly.

If you don't have a different user profile, kindly perform the steps provided on this link

Catherine Cus., May 16, 2020
  4. windows store game has to be "clicked on" to go full screen

MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 16, 2020
Thema:

windows store game has to be "clicked on" to go full screen

1. windows store game has to be "clicked on" to go full screen - Similar Threads - store game has

2. Windows Mute Full Screen Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mute Full Screen Games: How do I stop Windows from muting full screen games when they are running in the background? I have 2 monitors and every time I click a window on the second monitor, my game that is running in the primary monitor mutes the sound. I am streaming games and it's causing a bad...
  3. Windows Mute Full Screen Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mute Full Screen Games: How do I stop Windows from muting full screen games when they are running in the background? I have 2 monitors and every time I click a window on the second monitor, my game that is running in the primary monitor mutes the sound. I am streaming games and it's causing a bad...
  4. While gaming it wont go to full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While gaming it wont go to full screen: Legion Lenovo 7 lap top what I'm using. When I'm playing video games my task bar, minimize icon, exit icon etc. wont go away. It was working just fine for the first two weeks. Games such as: Fortnite Kovaaks 2.0 from steam These are the only games I play....
  5. steam games wont go full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    steam games wont go full screen: about a month ago my games would play in full screen now only certain games now will play in full screen anyone know how to fix this thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/steam-games-wont-go-full-screen/b9b8df08-6534-44cd-b4bd-eee735752b3f
  6. The Games wont go to full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Games wont go to full screen: When I play Minecraft Java Edition when press fullscreen the Game crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-games-wont-go-to-full-screen/84ec3ba4-5588-408e-a2a3-3e575f465a5f
  7. Full Screen Games!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full Screen Games!: I downloaded township, but i dont want it to take up the whole screen! How do i make it into a window? Thank you u/SeraphsEnvy! I cant figure out how to change the flair to solved.. submitted by /u/12sGirl89 [link] [comments]...
  8. No Full Screen Games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No Full Screen Games: Hello, I would like to prevent microsoft store games from going full screen when they open up. Is there a way to do so? I am using it on a touch screen and I don't want to loose the ability to click the X to close the window. Let me know, thanks!...
  9. games won't go full screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    games won't go full screen: Just as the title says, my games wont go full screen, when i go to the option in game to change it go full screen it just reverts back to window mode....
  10. I can't make games go full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't make games go full screen: On my laptop keyboard fn+f11 just lowers the volume. Games are opening as maximized screen but not full screen. 99986