Windows 10: Windows store & Gamepass are completely screwed up, please halp.

Discus and support Windows store & Gamepass are completely screwed up, please halp. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've already been to the Microsoft Support forums with this issue but found nothing, I've been having an issue for a while now where Windows Store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CaptainBritish, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Windows store & Gamepass are completely screwed up, please halp.

So I've already been to the Microsoft Support forums with this issue but found nothing, I've been having an issue for a while now where Windows Store downloads will either not start, not show up in my downloads at all or get to the very end but not complete. This happened to me once before and my only option was to completely format Windows which I'd really like to avoid doing again.

I've:

• Cleared out my downloads list (this allowed a pending game download to work, however it never entered a playable state. Now the game download is complete however it will not launch when I click on it.)
    • Reinstalled and re-registered the Windows Store via Powershell
    • Signed out and in again
    • Run wsreset.exe (it does nothing, I'm not sure the process even finishes because it just hangs)
    • Run the Windows Apps troubleshooter
    • Enabled UAC
    • Reset the Windows Store
    • Created a new user account
    • Run in Selective Startup mode
    • Started Background Intelligent Transfer Service manually multiple times
    • Attempted to "repair" my installation of windows from a boot USB however there isn't any "repair" option to be found, only "reset."

I don't think it makes a big difference either way but I'm on Windows 10 Home 2004 build 19041.572. I have no restore points from before this issue occurred.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do here or where I could go for further help? I'm at my wits end with it all, honestly. I just wanna' play Yakuza 7 without completely wiping my Windows install again, man Windows store & Gamepass are completely screwed up, please halp. :(

submitted by /u/CaptainBritish
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CaptainBritish, Dec 14, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows store & Gamepass are completely screwed up, please halp. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 14, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Abu_881 Win User

Windows store & Gamepass are completely screwed up, please halp.

Paid for gamepass, trouble finding what I've paid for

I paid for the gamepass subscription on the microsoft store and I'm having major problems finding what exactly I get for my money.

I can't seem to find a way for the windows store to show me which games I have available as part of my subscription as the majority of the games listed with the 'gamepass' marker are only for xbox (which I don't own).

At the moment the only way I can seem to find what I have paid for and can play is either via me already knowing a game is available via word of mouth such as Forza horizon 4 or by monotonously scrolling through a huge badly organised list of games that
    are either unavailable entirely on windows, only available for purchase or just gamepass discounted until I finally find one that is included with my sub.

I just want a list of 'hey thank's for subscribing - here is what you get for your subscription and here is what is coming soon' but from what I can see such information is totally absent. Am I doing this wrong?

Abu_881, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows store & Gamepass are completely screwed up, please halp.

1. Windows store & Gamepass are completely screwed up, please halp. - Similar Threads - store Gamepass are

2. Hello... can anyone halp me please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello... can anyone halp me please: HelloIt shows this screen when i open the pcAnd i can't press the windows button and i can't open google and every 10 minutes it shows this blue screen with the sad face and restarts ........
  3. Hello... can anyone halp me please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello... can anyone halp me please: HelloIt shows this screen when i open the pcAnd i can't press the windows button and i can't open google and every 10 minutes it shows this blue screen with the sad face and restarts ........
  4. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  5. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  6. Screwed up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Screwed Up!

in Windows 10 Support
    Screwed Up!: Not sure if this is right section but a few hours ago the whole of Win 10 went config up! I had my images (in the number of thousands) suddenly change real life icons into some damn flower. I seem to recall I had this problem ages ago and you all fixed it but I could not...
  8. Windows activation screwed my computer up, help please!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows activation screwed my computer up, help please!: So my mobo fried due to an electrical storm and I got a new one. Installed new chipset and Ethernet drivers. Windows then needs to reactivate. It prompts me to login to my windows account, I do. Then it says that "request is denied" with a long code underneath. I try to...
  9. Is this windows 10 install completely screwed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this windows 10 install completely screwed?: A family member gave me a laptop to try and repair that has a problem with windows 10 stuck in a boot loop. It starts loading windows 10 then the system restarts itself at one of two points. Either shortly after the dotted circle starts spinning or after a message comes up...
  10. My Computer is Completely screwed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer is Completely screwed: So I'm running Windows Pro on my PC. Yesterday the computer just shuts off randomly. Then it restarts and lets me log back in, but once I log in it restarts and does the same thing as before. That process then repeats several times until it goes into Automatic repair. Then...