Windows 10: Windows Store Games do not work.

Discus and support Windows Store Games do not work. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It only affects my two windows store games, all other games on my system work just fine and these two games did work at one point too (Ark Survival... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BrandonFulton, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Windows Store Games do not work.

It only affects my two windows store games, all other games on my system work just fine and these two games did work at one point too (Ark Survival Evolved and Halo Wars 2). The Games will display their Logos for a few seconds, and then immediately Crash to Desktop before going any further. No error report or anything similar is given, and looking in task manager confirms the program has stopped.

I have tried just about every fix and solution to no avail with the exception of one that recommends typing "powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml" in the cmd, as when I try it I receive this message:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.285]
    (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Brandon>powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml
    Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml'
    because it does not exist.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\Win ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifes
    t.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManag
    er.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

:)

BrandonFulton, Sep 30, 2018

2. store game dont work

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

• Do you receive any error message?
    I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if this helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Windows Store Apps.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to reset the Windows store and check if it works.

Follow the below steps to reset the Windows Store:

1. Press Windows key + R from the
    Desktop and click on Enter.

2. Type wsreset.exe and click on OK.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Sep 30, 2018
  4. Windows Store Games do not work.

MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows Store Games do not work.

1. Windows Store Games do not work. - Similar Threads - Store Games

2. How can I download the Train Sim game I bought through the Microsoft Store app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I download the Train Sim game I bought through the Microsoft Store app?: To whom it may concern, I purchased from the Microsoft Store, Train Sim. You took my money, and it shows up that I own the game, however when clicking on the Install/Play button, it takes me to the store listing showing only two options... Buy or Free Trial this is on the...
  3. How can I download the Train Sim game I bought through the Microsoft Store app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I download the Train Sim game I bought through the Microsoft Store app?: To whom it may concern, I purchased from the Microsoft Store, Train Sim. You took my money, and it shows up that I own the game, however when clicking on the Install/Play button, it takes me to the store listing showing only two options... Buy or Free Trial this is on the...
  4. how do i stop only my game files being stored in onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop only my game files being stored in onedrive?: Hi, my OS - Windows11 pro.I wanted to free up my OneDrive space , i dont know why but all my game's save files and other files which should be in my local physical drive, also getting stored automacally in one drive. how do i stop only my game files being stored in onedrive...
  5. how do i stop only my game files being stored in onedrive?

how do i stop only my game files being stored in onedrive?: Hi, my OS - Windows11 pro.I wanted to free up my OneDrive space , i dont know why but all my game's save files and other files which should be in my local physical drive, also getting stored automacally in one drive. how do i stop only my game files being stored in onedrive...
  6. what is .sga files in onedrive and how do i stop only my game files being stored in onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is .sga files in onedrive and how do i stop only my game files being stored in onedrive?: Hi, my OS - Windows11 pro.I wanted to free up my OneDrive space , and i see some 100Mb files which has .sga extention, butthose are unopenable files. can someone plz explain what are those files for? i did not store them to my onedrive. Also i dont know why but all my game's...
  7. what is .sga files in onedrive and how do i stop only my game files being stored in onedrive?

what is .sga files in onedrive and how do i stop only my game files being stored in onedrive?: Hi, my OS - Windows11 pro.I wanted to free up my OneDrive space , and i see some 100Mb files which has .sga extention, butthose are unopenable files. can someone plz explain what are those files for? i did not store them to my onedrive. Also i dont know why but all my game's...
  8. Microsoft Store stuck at selecting folder location for Killer Instinct game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store stuck at selecting folder location for Killer Instinct game: When trying to install Killer Instinct game on Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store, the store is not progressing when asking to select a folder for install location. I can cancel out of the dialog, but I cannot proceed with the installation.I have tried resetting the app,...
  9. Microsoft Store stuck at selecting folder location for Killer Instinct game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store stuck at selecting folder location for Killer Instinct game: When trying to install Killer Instinct game on Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store, the store is not progressing when asking to select a folder for install location. I can cancel out of the dialog, but I cannot proceed with the installation.I have tried resetting the app,...
  10. Microsoft Store stuck at selecting folder location for Killer Instinct game