Windows 10: Windows Store Games Install Location?

Discus and support Windows Store Games Install Location? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have recently installed 2 games (Gears of War 4) and (Forza Horizon 3) from the windows store. I chose to install them on a separate SSD opposed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BeK, Nov 26, 2016.

1. BEK
    BeK Win User

Windows Store Games Install Location?

I have recently installed 2 games (Gears of War 4) and (Forza Horizon 3) from the windows store. I chose to install them on a separate SSD opposed to the default location (C\) drive.
    Now I know which SSD in which they were installed but after searching all folders on said SSD, I can't find any of the executables in which to create shortcuts and/or add the games to STEAM.
    Please if you have any information regarding how I can find the exact install locations so that I can get access to these executable files then that would be great.

Thanks.
    Windows Store Games Install Location? [​IMG]

:)

2. Pavan_N Win User

nvidia graphics not working

Hi Jaskirat,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the exact error message you get?
    • How have you installed these games e.g. Windows Store or Browser?

If the games are installed from Store then you may install game updates from Store.

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store
    . If the game is installed from a browser or from a DVD you may uninstall and reinstall game and check the performance.

Pavan_N, Nov 26, 2016
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Missing Microsoft games after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

If you have upgraded from Windows 7, I would like to inform you that you will have to install all these games from Windows Store. Search for the games in Windows Store and install these games.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 26, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if these are universal apps (not traditional desktop programs) they won't use exe files. Also, the folder in which apps are stored is protected (permissions).

If you have a shortcut for them in the start menu, you can drag one from the start menu.

Please clarify which type of program they are.

If you use a program like
    Ultrasearch or Locate32 (which I like) or Everything by Void Tools (all free)
    these index all files and folders fast, and you can get instant find-as-you-type results.

Many here like these.

dalchina, Nov 26, 2016
  5. As dalchina said, UWP games don't have .exe files, so you're not going to be able to add them to Steam. I ran into the same issue with Quantum Break.

blackroseMD1, Nov 26, 2016
  6. And they're locked as well. I was trying to open the location folder of Ashpalt 8: Airborne but it says access denied.

RoasterMen, Nov 26, 2016
  7. Kari Win User
    Press WIN + R to open Run dialog, type shell:appsfolder and hit Enter. This opens the folder with all installed apps, including UWP apps (so called Windows Store apps). Right click any app, You can create shorcuts to desktop from there from context (right click) menu.

8. BEK
    BeK Win User

None of the Windows Store Games are present within that folder. Thanks anyway though.

9. dalchina New Member
    - just wondering how you actually tried to do that...?

dalchina, Nov 26, 2016
  10. Kari Win User
    I just checked, the few games I have installed from Store are all shown in shell:appsfolder.

11. BEK
    BeK Win User
    Yes you are right. I just checked again and found them.
    Thank you.

12. BEK
    BeK Win User
    I was given an option as to which drive to install the games and I chose a SSD outside of the one that I have my OS on.

13. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Store Games Install Location? - Similar Threads - Store Games Install

2. Where are my windows store games files located?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are my windows store games files located?: I'm trying to mod btd6, but I only have windows store edition and I can't seem to find it if anyone could help me that would be great. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-windows-store-games-files-located/8c4018c7-a226-4256-97b7-05adffffcc55
  3. Where are my windows store games files located?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are my windows store games files located?: I'm trying to mod btd6, but I only have windows store edition and I can't seem to find it if anyone could help me that would be great. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-windows-store-games-files-located/8c4018c7-a226-4256-97b7-05adffffcc55
  4. Windows Store Apps install location is blank

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Apps install location is blank: When looking at the Windows Store Application Enumeration in the vulnerability scanner, it shows all of the Store Applications.The problem we are having is that our vulnerability scanner sees BOTH of these versions of this software and several others like this example. The...
  5. Windows Store Apps install location is blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Apps install location is blank: When looking at the Windows Store Application Enumeration in the vulnerability scanner, it shows all of the Store Applications.The problem we are having is that our vulnerability scanner sees BOTH of these versions of this software and several others like this example. The...
  6. Installation location of a game of mine?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation location of a game of mine?: So a few days a go I managed to install NFS Shift 1. I installed it on my pc and left it there. I realized that I ran out of space and it didnt finish downloading. I aborted it, and was looking for the already installed files in my pc, but I got no luck. I am running out of...
  7. Install Location and File Management of Microsoft Store Game

Install Location and File Management of Microsoft Store Game: I recently installed a game from the Microsoft Store and I set it to install on my HDD, rather than the SSD that has my Windows OS on it. I like to manage the locations of my apps and games to make sure that all of my files are logically placed and in spots that I can find...
  8. How can I locate installed games on the windows store?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I locate installed games on the windows store?: I have 2 different setups but I use an external hard drive for game storage my issue is I have a bunch of games downloaded onto it but the windows store doesn't detect them is there a solution to locate a games file? submitted by /u/slimsycastle240 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Store is selective with it's download install locations

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store is selective with it's download install locations: I bought the Xbox pass, and i'm trying to install my games onto my D: drive. For some bizarre reason, Windows store selectively decides that some games can and others cannot be installed to certain drives. I've tried changing where my apps are saved to in storage with no...
  10. Removing Windows Store App Install Location

Removing Windows Store App Install Location: Because I saw all the E3 news I thought, I'll check out how to install Windows Store apps to a seperate drive, instead of on my main drive. Unfortunately, using the "Change Where New Content Is Saved" settings pane for apps creates a bunch of folders in the root of the drive...