Windows 10: Windows Store infinetly downloading

Discus and support Windows Store infinetly downloading in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I hope someone can help me. (quite a tough one so if you do have any ideas I would be very thankful) when I click to download anything from... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ScottSmithy3, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Windows Store infinetly downloading

Hello,

I hope someone can help me. (quite a tough one so if you do have any ideas I would be very thankful)

when I click to download anything from the windows store it asks me for an install location (as it should) however, It then proceeds to download to my C: Drive even though I did not specify that drive. The weird thing is When it downloads the game to the drive the storage shrinks by the size of the download it has just made but after 10 seconds space goes back up.

When I stop the download / Reboot my PC I then see a massive size change on a different drive other than my C: Drive It changes the one I selected in the first place... Which Should be a good thing. However then when the download reachers to the point of 47GB (That's the size of the game) It does not stop. and keeps downloading. The weirdest part is that it does not change the drive space.

examples of screenshots of the issue:

(Links to screenshots)
    https://gyazo.com/7d061205063c5d08c45a7f29eb1196e4 - As you can see the game is downloading it to my C: Drive, (which it shouldn't be) and then installing by the looks of it removing what it's installed.

https://gyazo.com/eb04939b6b5e1e3b0062f2ff105a3bc3 - As you can see in this Screen Shot, the game is infinitely downloading. it reaches The specified Gigabit size which displays on the right, then just keeps going. In the end, it reached around 70GB before I decided to stop ( Even though it said I installed this 70GB None of my drives space changed)

[FIXES ALREADY TRIED]

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type "wsreset" (without quotes) into the Run dialog box that appears, and press Enter.

3. Uninstall the game if you have it already on your system.

4. Complete a system reboot.

5. Log back into the Store with the authorized Gamertag and attempt the download again.

Other possible solutions:

1. Download game and wait for it to error
    REPLACE USER_NAME WITH YOUR LOCAL PC USERNAME
    Go to C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\Packages \Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
    and delete all the files in there
    3. Reboot your PC.
    4. Attempt the download once more.

1.Bring up Task Manager (CTRL + SHIFT + ESCAPE)
    2.Select the Services Tab
    3.Find the Microsoft Store Installer
    4. Right-click it and select Restart
    5. Notification will appear to state Sea of Thieves is ready to play

1.Download the content from the store, to the point where it fails at 99% / Install phase
    2. Open PowerShell and run this command:
    Add-AppXPackage -RegisterByFamilyName -MainPackage Microsoft.SeaofThieves_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    3. Click Retry in the store à This should now succeed

Type this in powershell "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

Type this is command prompt PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

[OTHER FIXES TRIED]

1. Right click on Windows Start > Windows Powershell (Admin)
    Type following (or copy and paste following) one by one and Enter

net stop wuauserv
    net stop cryptSvc
    net stop bits
    net stop msiserver
    Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
    Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
    net start wuauserv
    net start cryptSvc
    net start bits
    net start msiserver

2. Run Windows App Troubleshooter
    Windows Key+X > Click Settings > Click Update & security > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down to the bottom > Click Windows Store Apps > Click Run the Troubleshooter

3. Reset Windows Store through Command Prompt
    Type cmd in Windows Search box > Right click on Command Prompt > Run As Administrator > Type WSreset.exe and click Enter > Reboot your computer

4. Re-register All Store apps
    Right click on Windows Start > Right click on Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter > Restart your computer

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

5. Uninstall & Reinstall Store
    Right click on Windows Start > Right click on Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Remove-AppxPackage

Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter > Reboot your computer

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

[SYSTEM INFORMATION]

System Information report was written at: 01/03/19 16:25:46
    System Name: SCOTTYS-PC
    [System Summary]

Item Value
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name SCOTTYS-PC
    System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model Z170-Gaming K3
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU To be filled by O.E.M.
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F2, 10-Mar-16
    SMBIOS Version 2.8
    Embedded Controller Version 255.255
    BIOS Mode Legacy
    BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    BaseBoard Model Not Available
    BaseBoard Name Base Board
    Platform Role Desktop
    Secure Boot State Unsupported
    PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17134.471"
    User Name Scottys-PC\Scottt
    Time Zone GMT Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
    Total Physical Memory 16.0 GB
    Available Physical Memory 8.41 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 24.0 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 13.4 GB
    Page File Space 8.00 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Kernel DMA Protection Off
    Virtualization-based security Not enabled
    Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

:)

ScottSmithy3, Jan 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Windows Store Not Downloading

Hi,

We suggest that you try to reset your Windows Store as a work around for this issue.

To reset Windows Store, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows +R

• Type Wsreset.exe and press Enter
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Windows Store infinetly downloading

Downloading from Windows Store

We suggest to clear the Windows Store cache and try again. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key+Q
    • type wsreset.exe on the search bar
    • Hit enter key
    This should clear the Windows Store cache after restarting your system.

Another method if the above steps won't work, check this
    link
    and follow the post of Ruth Buruga for an alternative troubleshooting steps for Windows app.

Let us know how it went.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows Store infinetly downloading

1. Windows Store infinetly downloading - Similar Threads - Store infinetly downloading

2. Getting protection info infinetely.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting protection info infinetely.: Virus and threat protection never loads in, stuck in the infinite getting protection info.People generally get recommended to put in a couple of commands to fix the issue, but it doesn't work for me.Malware scans don't show anything either. And security troubleshooter doesn't...
  3. Getting protection info infinetely.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting protection info infinetely.: Virus and threat protection never loads in, stuck in the infinite getting protection info.People generally get recommended to put in a couple of commands to fix the issue, but it doesn't work for me.Malware scans don't show anything either. And security troubleshooter doesn't...
  4. Getting protection info infinetely.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. my laptop in infinetly trying to install windows and it wont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop in infinetly trying to install windows and it wont work: hi,i just factory reset my hp- Model 14-df0018wm laptop, and after i factory reset it, my internet went out due to a storm in mid downloading update, and after that happened a window popped up in the preparing screen that says "The computer restarted unexpectedly or...
  6. windows store download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows store download: I downloaded a game from windows store is there a way for me to access the file location so i could transfer the data of the game to different drive? i have a windows 10...
  7. Windows Store not downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store not downloading: Hi I just purchased Forza Horizon 4 and wanted to download it.. I had previously the same issue with Forza Horizon 3 - Where Windows Store simply wouldn't start downloading no matter what I try. Wsreset Disabling all startup services Deleting SoftwareDistribution...
  8. Windows Store Not Downloading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Store Not Downloading: When I try to install or update an app the store goes through all the prep and then just stops saying downloading but does nothing. I did just swap from intel to amd but I have done a reset if windows. (2 of them). Other troubleshooting I have done are Wsreset.exe...
  9. Random keys start pressing infinetly...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random keys start pressing infinetly...: Hello! I have a weird problem that started recently. My Asus Claymore keyboard starts pressing a random key infinetly. But registers my key presses while pressing that random key. I uninstalled and re installed drivers but problem still exists. Recently I turned off the...
  10. Download windows store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download windows store: Hi, Is there a way to download windows store? I tried to reinstall it, but it's not there on my pc I've been having this problem for almost a year and I really don't want to format my pc thank you...