Windows 10: windows store installing games to 2 drives

Discus and support windows store installing games to 2 drives in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, I have changed where to store games and apps in storage settings to an external drive, when installing apps from the windows store they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by garretmia, Sep 22, 2018.

1. garretmia Win User

windows store installing games to 2 drives

Hi there, I have changed where to store games and apps in storage settings to an external drive, when installing apps from the windows store they are downloading to 2 drives.... the C drive and also the specified external drive.

for example I have just downloaded forza horizon 4 and it is in a windows apps folder in both my C drive and in a windows apps folder in the external drive.

how do I stop them installing to the C drive?

thanks in advance.

:)

garretmia, Sep 22, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Storage.
    • Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Sep 22, 2018
  4. windows store installing games to 2 drives

little cat, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

windows store installing games to 2 drives

1. windows store installing games to 2 drives - Similar Threads - store installing games

2. Can't change game installation drive in Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change game installation drive in Microsoft store: I want to download games in Microsoft store on a different drive but it doesn't let me do it.I'm well aware I could change where new content is saved but I don't want to save all my other stuff on a different drive, just specific apps and games....
  3. Can't change game installation drive in Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change game installation drive in Microsoft store: I want to download games in Microsoft store on a different drive but it doesn't let me do it.I'm well aware I could change where new content is saved but I don't want to save all my other stuff on a different drive, just specific apps and games....
  4. Microsoft Store game will not install on one of my drives.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store game will not install on one of my drives.: I'm trying to install Dark Alliance on my NVMe drive labeled G: in this case. The game will install on any other drive except that one. I don't get an error code for this. When I click the install button nothing happens....
  5. Installing VS with 2 drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing VS with 2 drives: So I have a computer with a 128Gb ssd and a 1tb hdd, and I don't really know how to install visual studio. The dotnet repository has to be in the same partition as the windows installation, but I cannot fit visual studio on it as well. When I try to move just the source file...
  6. Cant move an installed game from Windows store to a new drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant move an installed game from Windows store to a new drive: Have an issue where I can move my Sea Of Thieves game to my SSD due to error code: 0x80070005. Was getting told "This folder has other apps from another device? Want yo delete them?" Clicking yes gives that error and states the operation couldn't be completed. I tried many...
  7. Can't install Windows Store games on certain drives

Can't install Windows Store games on certain drives: As the title says, I can't install Windows Store games on certain drives. This has been an issue since I upgraded my PC and reinstalled Windows. I just reformatted my C: drive and simply kept using my other drives, so all the files stayed. Most of my secondary drives will...
  8. Microsoft Store Phantasy Star Online 2 Game Installation Issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Phantasy Star Online 2 Game Installation Issues: Hi, I'm unable to install Phantasy Star Online 2 from the Microsoft Store because it says "Administrator approval required for installation. Minimum OS required: Windows 10 May 2019 Update". My system is completely up to date and I have no idea why it keeps saying this. I...
  9. Installing Microsoft Store games on non-Windows drive

Installing Microsoft Store games on non-Windows drive: How exactly does this work? Will the Microsoft Store make a protected WindowsApps folder on the drive and will removing the game remove that folder? submitted by /u/Ryanjtombs [link] [comments]...
  10. 2 installs of windows in C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 installs of windows in C drive: Hey everyone, My neighbour has recently updated his acer laptop, and now has 2 installs of windows on his computer. In his C drive there is a folder called "jb" that has a now unused version of windows in it, I have tried to delete it by giving myself permissions but it...