Windows 10: Windows Store is selective with it's download install locations

Discus and support Windows Store is selective with it's download install locations in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I bought the Xbox pass, and i'm trying to install my games onto my D: drive. For some bizarre reason, Windows store selectively decides that some games... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by M1tchAu, Jan 9, 2020.

1. M1tchAu Win User

Windows Store is selective with it's download install locations

I bought the Xbox pass, and i'm trying to install my games onto my D: drive. For some bizarre reason, Windows store selectively decides that some games can and others cannot be installed to certain drives. I've tried changing where my apps are saved to in storage with no luck. The game in question here is Prey. I have already installed Forza and Superhot, but for some silly reason Prey refuses to install onto my D drive, with the drop down option not even available .

Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

M1tchAu, Jan 9, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Getting Windows 10 to recognize an old app install location

Hello Luke,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like to inform you that you will need to re-install the game as some components of the game might not work properly which can cause the game to crash. However, you can download and install the game/apps from the store on an external drive.

Here are the steps on how you can install program to a different drive from a store.

• Go to windows settings.
    • Then click on System and then on Storage.
    • Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

Hope it helps.

Naresh Kumar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naresh_K, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Windows Store is selective with it's download install locations

Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store is selective with it's download install locations

1. Windows Store is selective with it's download install locations - Similar Threads - Store selective download

2. Microsoft store App download location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft store App download location: Someone please tell me why Microsoft store on windows PC is NOT allowing me to choose where I download apps to. It’s like they’re forcing me to download on my Local drive for what? So I can crash my computer and pay another few 1000$ for a replacement?They need to fix this...
  3. Microsoft store App download location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store App download location: Someone please tell me why Microsoft store on windows PC is NOT allowing me to choose where I download apps to. It’s like they’re forcing me to download on my Local drive for what? So I can crash my computer and pay another few 1000$ for a replacement?They need to fix this...
  4. Microsoft store App download location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store downloaded movies location

Microsoft Store downloaded movies location: I purchased a movie from the Microsoft Store, and downloaded it onto both of my laptops. It shows up in Movies & TV as a purchased video, but I cannot tell when I play it if I am watching the download or the online version of the movie. this concerns me because on both...
  6. Microsoft Store Download Locations

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Download Locations: Recently I have decided to re-install ARK: Survival Evolved on my computer through the Microsoft store. However, it stopped after about 200MB/105GB because there wasn't enough space on my C: Drive. So I went into Settings, System, Storage, Change where new content is saved....
  7. Set download location for windows store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Set download location for windows store: When i change the download location for windows store to another drive it asks if i want to delete the apps on there. I don't I have a 1TB HD with a designated folder but the only option is to set the drive. What would be deleted if i select yes? I presume the drive would be...
  8. Windows Store Download location

Windows Store Download location: I am trying to change the download location of the windows store downloads, I have located how to do this but I am returned with this http://prntscr.com/o793ew ,where I don't really want to delete anything from my drive is there any way around this? (the drive is my...
  9. Windows store downloads at selected time.

Windows store downloads at selected time.: I don't have data caps when it's 2 am. But at that time im sleeping and can't use my computer. I want to be able download apps and games after 2 am. How can I do that?...
  10. Windows Store Games Install Location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Games Install Location?: I have recently installed 2 games (Gears of War 4) and (Forza Horizon 3) from the windows store. I chose to install them on a separate SSD opposed to the default location (C\) drive. Now I know which SSD in which they were installed but after searching all folders on said...