Windows 10: Windows store locked files

Discus and support Windows store locked files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Tried to download outer world's from the store. "Windows cannot access the specific device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Justalilbicsadboi, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Windows store locked files

Tried to download outer world's from the store. "Windows cannot access the specific device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

Legit played gears of war a week ago and now not a single app will open. I've changed all permissions to everyone, I've taken ownership, I've tried everything.

All the files have a lock on them.

The f

submitted by /u/Justalilbicsadboi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Justalilbicsadboi, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Platibus Win User

Windows store locked files

Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows store locked files

1. Windows store locked files - Similar Threads - store locked files

2. locked files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    locked files: Hi, I was trying to open a locked file but I get a warning that it can't be opened because it's locked. can you help me?? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-files/e52790a0-92b2-407e-af6c-f296f31d6a0f
  3. Lock Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Files: Hi, I was wondering is there a way I can encrypt a file on windows so it can't be copied on other drives. If I put the encrypted file on an computer running Windows, MacOS, or ChromeOS or any other OS, it cannot be copied to other devices or drives unless you enter a password...
  4. Locked windows file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked windows file: Im using X360ce to use my steering wheel in games its quite an old one so its not recognised by my games I have managed to get it to work on GTA V and i also want to use it on forza 4. I tried to x360 but it needs to be linked to the executable to work, forza is a locked...
  5. locked Files

locked Files: I badly need help. Suddenly, just today, all my files are locked even the ones I created. I use mostly office file and read some PDF. I,ve been using the Windows 10 since 2017 and we have not encountered any of these problems in the past....
  6. locked files

locked files: I'm running Windows 10 Home Premium 32 bit. All of a sudden I have locked folders and files on my system. I am the administrator and sole user of my computer. What has happened to cause this? How do I unlock folders? I have recently installed Microsoft Office 365...
  7. File Locks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File Locks: Every time I save a file in Windows 10 no matter what the application I get a "lock" on the file. I have no problem getting into the file and I do not need a password. I can make the lock go away by right clicking on the file, selecting file ownership, and selecting the...
  8. locked file

locked file: hi**** tried prossexplorer, and it will not let me, HELP, thanks al https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-file/eb987576-b8a6-47f7-bf0a-10210aba6e14"
  9. locked file

locked file: have a file on appdata, locked can not delete, tried several programs to unlock and delete, will not, can not change anything to delete it, tried cmd, tried different programs all failed, comes up as malware...
  10. Windows 10 Store apps locked (All Forza Files)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Store apps locked (All Forza Files): Hello! For the past few weeks or so I have been having the error of me opening up the game that I installed from the windows 10 store, (Forza Horizon 4 Demo) and it opens up but then closes right after the splash screen. I went to the file location to find out that all the...