Windows 10: Windows Store/Microsoft Store/ Xbox App Windows 10 showing United States prices for Canada

Discus and support Windows Store/Microsoft Store/ Xbox App Windows 10 showing United States prices for Canada in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have had this issue for a long long time, where I would try and purchase a game from the microsoft store, or game pass, and it would keep showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gotmygat, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Windows Store/Microsoft Store/ Xbox App Windows 10 showing United States prices for Canada

I have had this issue for a long long time, where I would try and purchase a game from the microsoft store, or game pass, and it would keep showing united states prices. Now, this isn't a huge deal, except for the following....

I have a canadian account, and so I have an xbox/microsoft balance in there, but because I am set to united states it won't let me use my balance. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong here? How do I set it to Canada and NOT united states?

submitted by /u/gotmygat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gotmygat, Nov 22, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Nov 22, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Nov 22, 2019
  4. HTC
    HTC Win User

Windows Store/Microsoft Store/ Xbox App Windows 10 showing United States prices for Canada

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

Will they remove windows 10 too?

Thema:

Windows Store/Microsoft Store/ Xbox App Windows 10 showing United States prices for Canada

1. Windows Store/Microsoft Store/ Xbox App Windows 10 showing United States prices for Canada - Similar Threads - Store Microsoft Store

2. Paid Apps, Free Apps and Apps with Price Tag in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paid Apps, Free Apps and Apps with Price Tag in Microsoft Store: In the Store, I saw 3 categories of applications i.e. Free App, Paid App, and App with a price tag. What is the difference between apps with a price tag and Paid? Thanks...
  3. Microsoft Store / Xbox App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store / Xbox App: Microsoft store and xbox app will not work as intended. Nothing can be installed or updated in either program and a reset of the Microsoft store does nothing. I have already uninstalled the store and reinstalled it did nothing. When resetting it states that it will...
  4. Microsoft Store / Xbox App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store / Xbox App: Microsoft store and xbox app will not work as intended. Nothing can be installed or updated in either program and a reset of the Microsoft store does nothing. I have already uninstalled the store and reinstalled it did nothing. When resetting it states that it will...
  5. Microsoft Store / Xbox App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft Store and Xbox App only showing background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Xbox App only showing background: At some point in the past few weeks, the Xbox app and Windows Store app have only been showing the background of the app:I have done the following, all to no avail:• Restarted my computer• Run wsreset.exe as admin• Run Repair and Reset on both apps• Run the Windows Store...
  7. Microsoft Store and Xbox App only showing background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and Xbox App only showing background: At some point in the past few weeks, the Xbox app and Windows Store app have only been showing the background of the app:I have done the following, all to no avail:• Restarted my computer• Run wsreset.exe as admin• Run Repair and Reset on both apps• Run the Windows Store...
  8. Windows Store / Xbox App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Store / Xbox App: So a little while ago I decided to wipe my computer by reinstalling Windows 10, get a clean slate, but after installing I realised that I didn't have a few core applications like the Windows store, windows photo viewer or the Xbox app, I've tried to search for a fix on both...
  9. It says United States when I am in Canada

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says United States when I am in Canada: I am trying to get a game on the Microsoft Store, and it says Add payment method. So at the bottom, it says Country/Region and it put The United States, but I can't change it? Photo: [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Store and Xbox app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store and Xbox app: So a couple days ago I reinstalled windows while keeping my apps and files. (so just reinstalled windows and reset settings) When I finished setup I tried to open the Windows Store and nothing happened no window opened nothing. So I though whatever, then went to multiple...