Windows 10: Windows Store missing!

Discus and support Windows Store missing! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've had issues with cortana and the notification center before and got them back by restoring them, but the windows store is the last piece of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vegasf1, Aug 27, 2015.

1. vegasf1 Win User

Windows Store missing!

I've had issues with cortana and the notification center before and got them back by restoring them, but the windows store is the last piece of the puzzle. The directory is not there either. I've tried every single thing on this forum with one exception. Reinstallation. That would be too much of a pain to reinstall every piece of software so it's either I go without it or I find a solution that works.

Should I try insider builds in hopes that it will install it while keeping my software?

:)

vegasf1, Aug 27, 2015
  2. Liezl Fal Win User

Windows Store Missing windows 10

Hi Douglas,

We understand the inconvenience of not getting back all the pre-installed apps after doing a reset. Aside from the Windows Store, what else are missing? To troubleshoot the missing Windows store app, please check out the answer of Parth P Patel from this
    link:
    Windows Store missing in Windows 10
    and see how it goes.

We will wait for your feedback.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Don't have windows store on laptop windows 10. How can i get it?

Hello, I will be glad to help you!

First, I need to know some more information.

If you search "Windows Store" in Cortana, is it in the search results?

Or is the Windows Store completely missing from your Computer?

If the Windows Store is completely missing, I will tell you how to install the Windows Store.

Gage Mitchusson, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Windows Store missing!

there is an option you can do as long as windows is currently activated... had same issue as you first Cortana stopped working then a couple other apps then the Store..
    tried the Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth it didn't work... tried using powershell to get the package and reinstall it kept giving me errors saying the xml was missing....
    performing a system restore didn't work
    doing a reset is what gave me the problems to begin with
    so

what worked for me was an in place upgrade by getting the Windows 10 iso/usb from Windows 10

icpwolverine, Aug 27, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    A Repair Install also called In Place Upgrade: How to Do a Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Cliff S, Aug 27, 2015
  6. vegasf1 Win User
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try again.

vegasf1, Aug 27, 2015
  7. vegasf1 Win User
    I tried to reinstall win 10 but it stalled at 32% that threw me a clock error then I tried to downgrade to win 7 then upgrade and it would not let me get past a few screens so I'm stuck with my win 10 that works OK except for the store and the apps.

Maybe a service pack or insider build will restore it. I could always wipe the drive and do a clean install but I have a lot of software that I do not want to spend a day or two reinstalling.

Having to go through emails for the serial numbers and keys for some of them would be very annoying. So I'll stick with my win 10 that has everything except for the store and a few apps.

vegasf1, Aug 28, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Windows Store missing!

Why did you try to revert back to 7 then re-upgrade??? You should read the tutorial thoroughly through. From Windows 10 you open file explorer and click setup on the install media and allow updates, then keep files and apps..

Cliff S, Aug 28, 2015
  9. vegasf1 Win User
    That didn't work. It threw me an error which I looked up and its a clock error. Probably because I'm overclocked. I went into the bios and couldn't find where to disable the overclock. I'll go through the bios again and then try updating again.

vegasf1, Aug 28, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Ok*Smile, You know it's never easy, we just have to be patient. It took me a couple of days to figure out a solution after I uninstalled store meaning to "simply" reinstall using Powershell(which obviously didn't work*Redface).

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Store missing!

1. Windows Store missing! - Similar Threads - Store missing

2. microsoft-services-store-engagement is missing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft-services-store-engagement is missing: helloi am trying to install minecraft bedrock edition but it keeps failing.here i have the error :PackageRegistrationFailedException: Deployment failed: Windows cannot install package Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.20.8101.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because this package depends on a...
  3. microsoft-services-store-engagement is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft-services-store-engagement is missing: helloi am trying to install minecraft bedrock edition but it keeps failing.here i have the error :PackageRegistrationFailedException: Deployment failed: Windows cannot install package Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.20.8101.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because this package depends on a...
  4. microsoft-services-store-engagement is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am trying to install Phone link from Microsoft Store, but that app is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to install Phone link from Microsoft Store, but that app is missing.: I have recently faced some issues with the Phone Link app, then I uninstalled it, now when I am trying to install it back, it is no more on Store. How to install it back?...
  6. I am trying to install Phone link from Microsoft Store, but that app is missing.

I am trying to install Phone link from Microsoft Store, but that app is missing.: I have recently faced some issues with the Phone Link app, then I uninstalled it, now when I am trying to install it back, it is no more on Store. How to install it back?...
  7. missing pre-installed apps along with MS STORE in win 10 after a factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing pre-installed apps along with MS STORE in win 10 after a factory reset: the profile corrupted after using this desktop hdd as an external boot media where still I can't access the windows as it cannot be booted from external devices I have tried to resolve this by factory reset the pc. but the older problem solved by giving birth to the current...
  8. missing pre-installed apps along with MS STORE in win 10 after a factory reset

missing pre-installed apps along with MS STORE in win 10 after a factory reset: the profile corrupted after using this desktop hdd as an external boot media where still I can't access the windows as it cannot be booted from external devices I have tried to resolve this by factory reset the pc. but the older problem solved by giving birth to the current...
  9. missing pre-installed apps along with MS STORE in win 10 after a factory reset

10. Microsoft store install service is missing and due to that i can't install/update from...

Microsoft store install service is missing and due to that i can't install/update from...: I've been trying so hard to get my microsoft store to work over the last few days and while following tutorials like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqDupVEHM1I&list=WL&index=3&t=222s&ab_channel=CrownGEEK and i noticed that "Microsoft store install" is missing from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is meaning new app to open ms-store-link