Windows 10: Windows Store "My Library" and App differences

Discus and support Windows Store "My Library" and App differences in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Finally got around freshly installing my gaming desktop and wanted to install some apps from the Windows Store that I use frequently. Noticed a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TheAmeriMexiGerm, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Windows Store "My Library" and App differences

Finally got around freshly installing my gaming desktop and wanted to install some apps from the Windows Store that I use frequently. Noticed a few things and trying to wrap my OCD head around this:

1. I used Apps like Facebook regularly. Why does the store say "get" instead of "install". In fact when I check "My Library" in the Windows Store (under my profile / drop down) it only shows a fraction of the apps I know I "own" or have downloaded and installed in the past. And I did "unhide" all apps. Why does it look like I never got the Facebook App? It says I have the Facebook Messenger, and when I browse for that app it says "Install" instead of get. The Messenger app won't even work without the FB app.

2. Thought it might have to to with the Windows Store App so I went to the browser / online version of the store. App also shows "get" instead of install.

What happened to my app history? I know, I can just go click "Get" again. But isn't the point of the library and "getting" apps (even if they are $0) to keep track / remember apps for, let's say, the time someone re-installed their OS?

3. Curiosity bonus:

The Facebook app entry in the Windows Store App on my desktop shows 1,112 reviews / the same app but in the web version of the store shows the rating is based on 2,002 reviews. What is going on here?

Windows Store "My Library" and App differences 9ecaa968-4071-442a-b87e-43ad82e3f497?upload=true.png

:)

TheAmeriMexiGerm, Nov 28, 2018

2. Unable to access libraries and purchased apps from Windows Store

Hi Richard,

As your facing with accessing the libraries of purchase apps from Windows Store, and download further apps, we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your effort spent while trying to resolve the issue with SFC scan, DISM command, and wsreset.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue that might have resulted in this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Method 3: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open run command, type
      inetcpl.cpl
    • Under Internet Options, go to
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 28, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Store "My Library" and App differences

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows Store "My Library" and App differences

1. Windows Store "My Library" and App differences - Similar Threads - Store Library App

2. Delete apps from Store library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete apps from Store library: how du i delete apps from my Store library? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-apps-from-store-library/ab917fd1-5a5a-4c87-a3df-2d0d314484b6
  3. Delete apps from Store library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete apps from Store library: how du i delete apps from my Store library? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-apps-from-store-library/ab917fd1-5a5a-4c87-a3df-2d0d314484b6
  4. Remove app from Store library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove app from Store library: I have the Mail and Calendar app stuck in my Library in the Store.Still isn't an option to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-app-from-store-library/4a8842d0-6fac-4bec-850e-512e8dbb5105
  5. Remove app from Store library

Remove app from Store library: I have the Mail and Calendar app stuck in my Library in the Store.Still isn't an option to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-app-from-store-library/4a8842d0-6fac-4bec-850e-512e8dbb5105
  6. Purchased apps/games not appearing in my Windows Store library

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchased apps/games not appearing in my Windows Store library: Hello,For the past month, I have been having a problem with my Windows Store library. Prior to the start of this if I selected my Library in the windows store app, I would see all of my games and apps that I have purchased with options to either install or manage them....
  7. My library in Windows store is empty

My library in Windows store is empty: After last few updates My Library option is emty in Windows Store. How to fix it? Thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-library-in-windows-store-is-empty/8fd8b18d-a4a0-43c4-9a8c-b3d76bb579fd
  8. Apps missing from my library and Store

Apps missing from my library and Store: I had a couple of paint by number apps sticking. This has happened before; solution was to uninstall and reinstall. I just did this. Now they are missing from the Store and my Library. Other apps still installed in this category are also missing from Library and Store. What...
  9. Microsoft Store showing no apps in library

Microsoft Store showing no apps in library: I noticed some of my apps not working right. I went to the Microsoft Store and checked the library and installed apps. Both show no apps. Reset the store and have the same problem. 160344
  10. My Library is empty in Windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Library is empty in Windows Store: I noticed yesterday when checking for updates on Windows Store for my installed apps that My Library is empty. The Store shows my installed apps and games, but my All Owned and Ready To Install is empty. This is a fresh up to date install of Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, and...