Windows 10: Windows Store Netflix app crashes computer

Discus and support Windows Store Netflix app crashes computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I watch a video with the netflix app on my computer, my system crashes and restarts. I got this information in event viewer. Does somebody has an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ralf83, May 18, 2020.

1. Ralf83 Win User

Windows Store Netflix app crashes computer

If I watch a video with the netflix app on my computer, my system crashes and restarts.

I got this information in event viewer. Does somebody has an idea?

Protokollname: System
    Quelle: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
    Datum: 18.05.2020 19:04:20
    Ereignis-ID: 1001
    Aufgabenkategorie:Keine
    Ebene: Fehler
    Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch
    Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend
    Computer: Aurora
    Beschreibung:
    Der Computer wurde nach einem schwerwiegenden Fehler neu gestartet. Der Fehlercode war: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8006d8201f0, 0xfffff2807fd6a4d8, 0xfffff2807fd69d20. Ein volles Abbild wurde gespeichert in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Berichts-ID: 2fef70f6-eba5-4e57-84a2-98dfa49454ba.
    Ereignis-XML:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting" Guid="{ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}" EventSourceName="BugCheck" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="16384">1001</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-05-18T17:04:20.009448400Z" />
    <EventRecordID>11067</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Aurora</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8006d8201f0, 0xfffff2807fd6a4d8, 0xfffff2807fd69d20</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP</Data>
    <Data Name="param3">2fef70f6-eba5-4e57-84a2-98dfa49454ba</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

Ralf83, May 18, 2020

2. Netflix and Windows 10 .

Hi Nishkaam,

There's a possibility that the firewall or antivirus software on your computer is blocking the access to Netflix, we suggest disabling it first before connecting to Netflix. Follow these steps:

• Close the Netflix app.
    • Turn off the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • Now, launch the Netflix app.
    • Once it's connected to Netflix, turn back on the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • You should be able to access Netflix now.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 18, 2020
  3. itsakjt Win User
    My pc freezes when watching Netflix

Since you are on Windows 10 (from your system specs), use the Netflix app from Windows store. I use it with the system as listed on my specs and it is good.

itsakjt, May 18, 2020
  4. Windows Store Netflix app crashes computer

NetFlix App

Hi Adrianoe,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Is the issue confined to Netflix apps?
    Try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Windows UI App Troubleshooter” to diagnose the exact issue. Check if it runs fine:

Refer the following link to run the troubleshooter.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

Method 2:

Uninstall the App, restart the system and then try re-installing the App from Store.

Follow these steps.

a) Right click on the Netflix, click on
    Uninstall.

b) Click on store.

c) Search for Netflix App.

d) Click on Install.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store Netflix app crashes computer

1. Windows Store Netflix app crashes computer - Similar Threads - Store Netflix app

2. Downloaded Netflix movies keep the app crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded Netflix movies keep the app crashing: Hi,I'm running Parallels VM with windows 11 on Macbook m1 in order to use the Netflix app offline.I'm able to watch the movie/series right after installation, but when i'm trying to download the movie/series and play it, the app crashes, even if i keep my laptop online.I've...
  3. Netflix App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netflix App: June 2022 My Netflix App downloads movies but when I go to view offline the message says "there is no internet connection". I reinstalled Netflix App, and restarted but no success. Not much in temporary files. What is the problem here? It worked fine a few weeks ago....
  4. NETFLIX on Windows/Microsoft Store Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NETFLIX on Windows/Microsoft Store Apps: My Netflix turns into black and white when I play some titles on full screen, it works fine on maximize or any other mode, but turns into Black and White when I switch into full screen. Not only occur in the movies, but all on the app itself, so far I found it on two...
  5. Netflix app from the store

Netflix app from the store: About 3 weeks ago my Netflix app that comes with Windows 10 started having very slight streaming hesitations. I use my tv monitor hooked up to the desktop computer. I tried going directly to Netflix.com to watch and it was worse. Today while watching a series the English...
  6. Netflix app will not download from store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Netflix app will not download from store: I have recently bought a new laptop and am trying to get the Netflix app from the windows store. It says that the app is already owned when I go to the store page. However, when I click the blue 'install' button, a black border appears around the button but nothing appears...
  7. App store not downloading the right version of Netflix

App store not downloading the right version of Netflix: Well, I've recently made a clean install of W10 on my pc, and when I download the Netflix app, it downloads the W8 version (which I don't like), not the W10 one. I check for app updates, but there's nothing for Netflix. What can I do about it? Thanks in advance. 55982
  8. Windows Store App Netflix Error H1-WI

Windows Store App Netflix Error H1-WI: Anybody know anything about this? I installed the app and it simply won't launch. I keep getting this error with the text "can't communicate with Netflix, try again later." I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app to no avail. Notes: I originally tried to install...
  9. Problem wth Netflix App from Windows store

Problem wth Netflix App from Windows store: tl;dr : I am using the Netflix app from Windows 10 store. The app works fine on my laptop however when i connect the laptop to the TV via HDMI and play want to watch a video on the TV i get black screen on the video with the menu, audio and subtitle still working fine. But...
  10. Windows Store Netflix App New Issue

Windows Store Netflix App New Issue: I discovered today 10/1/2015 that after updating the Netflix app via the Windows Store the Stream Manager function now crashed the app. When viewing a Netflix video, and opening the Steam Manager (Shift+Ctrl+Alt+S), when you attempt to set a manual stream rate of any value...