Windows 10: Windows Store Netflix App New Issue

Discus and support Windows Store Netflix App New Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I discovered today 10/1/2015 that after updating the Netflix app via the Windows Store the Stream Manager function now crashed the app. When viewing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PJLLB, Oct 1, 2015.

1. PJLLB Win User

Windows Store Netflix App New Issue

I discovered today 10/1/2015 that after updating the Netflix app via the Windows Store the Stream Manager function now crashed the app. When viewing a Netflix video, and opening the Steam Manager (Shift+Ctrl+Alt+S), when you attempt to set a manual stream rate of any value the app immediately crashes. I reported this to Netflix and they have confirmed the issue. It is a bug in the latest Netflix app update. Note that the browser Stream Manager does not crash, but the browser does not provide the Dolby Digital 5.1 sound that the app does. So recommend not updating the app since it is buggy.

And of course Netflix only says "check for an update to the app to get a fix." Typical.

:)

PJLLB, Oct 1, 2015
  2. TomWx965 Win User

Netflix does NOT make the Windows 10 phone app - who does and who supports it?

I am having issues with the Windows 10 Mobile/Phone Application “NETFLIX”.
    Netflix strongly insist that it is NOT their APP. They say the Microsoft store is in error when they say the app is Published by NetFlix.
    It is NOT their app and they do NOT support the NETFLIX app.

Who support the NetFlix app on Wondows 10 mobile/phone?

Who is the real publisher and developer of the app?

Is it safe to run since Netflix says it is not their app?

Who do you contact to get the app store download page fixed – it should not say this is a NETFLIX app and list the true publisher of the app.

TomWx965, Oct 1, 2015
  3. not being able to access netflic via app on HP laptop

Hi Jade,

As you are facing issues with accessing the Netflix app on your device, Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you tried to install the app from Windows Store?
    • What exactly happens when you try to find for the Netflix app from Windows Store?

If you have already un-installed the application, I suggest you to refer to the below link to install the app and check if it helps.

Netflix Windows Apps

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the Netflix app for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 1, 2015
  4. danser86 Win User

Same problem to me. Have u solved it?

Many thanks in advance

danser86, Dec 4, 2015
  5. PJLLB Win User
    I just checked and the app no longer crashed for me when the stream manager is invoked.

PJLLB, Dec 5, 2015
  6. danser86 Win User
    Lucky man!! How did you solve it? I have tried again just right now and I have still the same problem... :'(

danser86, Dec 5, 2015
  7. PJLLB Win User
    I don't know exactly. I just checked it again and it did not crash, but when I checked last night it did crash. It may have something to do with available bandwidth. I will continue to investigate.

PJLLB, Dec 5, 2015
  8. ToyHammer Win User

Wow! Been searching for hours on the solution for this and while I have no working solution either misery loves company I guess!

I'm in the exact same boat, I want to use the app stream manager but it always causes a crash.

Stream manager works in Chrome but that's only 720p and no DD 5.1. Stream Manager also works in Edge and it has 1080p BUT no DD 5.1 either....grrr....

I really hope they update the app soon. OR if anyone can get DD 5.1 working on Edge then the app would not be necessary (anyone know how to do this?).

Also, a Reddit thread on a similar topic says it might work if you set your desktop setting to scale only at 100% it *might* work. Not for me though apparently.

ToyHammer, Dec 14, 2015
  9. PJLLB Win User
    The Store app was updated today. It has a slightly different look and feel (more in line with the Smart Hub app on my Samsung smart TV). It has a different stream manger. BUT: the app no longer offers DD+ 5.1 option in the language options when playing content. This option is now a "5.1" option (without the DD+ indicated. I checked the audio output via HDMI and it appears that it is DD+ 5.1. So upgrade at you own discretion. Let me know what you find out.

PJLLB, Dec 16, 2015
  10. ToyHammer Win User
    The App was indeed updated....loaded it up...had high hopes....AND...crash!

They seemed to have overhauled much of the interface (slightly for the worse I think) BUT they did not address the stream manager issue!

Will be sending them a a crash report on their app, if anyone else is experiencing this please do the same.

ToyHammer, Dec 16, 2015
  11. PJLLB Win User
    I got a crash on first launch too. After that it is fine although I did have to sign our and back into Netflix once.

PJLLB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Store Netflix App New Issue - Similar Threads - Store Netflix App

2. NETFLIX on Windows/Microsoft Store Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NETFLIX on Windows/Microsoft Store Apps: My Netflix turns into black and white when I play some titles on full screen, it works fine on maximize or any other mode, but turns into Black and White when I switch into full screen. Not only occur in the movies, but all on the app itself, so far I found it on two...
  3. Netflix Windows 10 App streaming Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Netflix Windows 10 App streaming Issues: Hello Redditers, I have a very unique issue with the netflix for windows app since the past 2 days. Before that, it worked properly. Now, whenever I play a video, it takes anything between 2-4 minutes to start streaming and that too at a very low resolution of 640 x 480...
  4. Netflix app from the store

Netflix app from the store: About 3 weeks ago my Netflix app that comes with Windows 10 started having very slight streaming hesitations. I use my tv monitor hooked up to the desktop computer. I tried going directly to Netflix.com to watch and it was worse. Today while watching a series the English...
  5. Windows Store Netflix app crashes computer

Windows Store Netflix app crashes computer: If I watch a video with the netflix app on my computer, my system crashes and restarts. I got this information in event viewer. Does somebody has an idea? Protokollname: System Quelle: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Datum: 18.05.2020 19:04:20...
  6. Netflix app will not download from store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Netflix app will not download from store: I have recently bought a new laptop and am trying to get the Netflix app from the windows store. It says that the app is already owned when I go to the store page. However, when I click the blue 'install' button, a black border appears around the button but nothing appears...
  7. Netflix Apps Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Netflix Apps Issue: When i launch netflix application at my laptop, it turns into blue screen and show a message that is "Page fault in nonpaged area" I m using sony vaio laptop and the model is SVE1513M1EW....
  8. Windows store and New apps will save to issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store and New apps will save to issues: I can no longer move my installs to any other location then my c drive. My C drive is reserved system stuff. Also under setting and storage it will not let me any SSD or nvme drives as the default location. how do i fix these please anyone....
  9. Windows Store App Netflix Error H1-WI

Windows Store App Netflix Error H1-WI: Anybody know anything about this? I installed the app and it simply won't launch. I keep getting this error with the text "can't communicate with Netflix, try again later." I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app to no avail. Notes: I originally tried to install...
  10. Problem wth Netflix App from Windows store

Problem wth Netflix App from Windows store: tl;dr : I am using the Netflix app from Windows 10 store. The app works fine on my laptop however when i connect the laptop to the TV via HDMI and play want to watch a video on the TV i get black screen on the video with the menu, audio and subtitle still working fine. But...