Windows 10: Windows Store not downloading

Discus and support Windows Store not downloading in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I just purchased Forza Horizon 4 and wanted to download it.. I had previously the same issue with Forza Horizon 3 - Where Windows Store simply... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by enifleR, Mar 30, 2020.

1. enifleR Win User

Windows Store not downloading

Hi

I just purchased Forza Horizon 4 and wanted to download it.. I had previously the same issue with Forza Horizon 3 - Where Windows Store simply wouldn't start downloading no matter what I try.

Wsreset

Disabling all startup services

Deleting SoftwareDistribution folder

- Nothing works.. Last time my last effort was to completely reinstall Windows - which finally worked.

Now that's about 3 weeks ago, and I really don't want to reinstall Windows again everytime I have an issue with Windows Store.

I have a license for various software which costs me money everytime I have to "renew a key/challenge" - which happens with every reinstall I do - So reinstalling again is out of the question.

How can I download the game I just bought? Other things in the Store won't download either.

It stops at "downloading" then suddenly it gets a few mb down without showing speed - then around 15 minutes later it maybe gets to 8mb.. Now that is going painfully slow.

So what can I possibly do to fix this issue?

I have 1000/1000 connection - a Ryzen 2600 - 32gb memory - 2,5TB SSD.

Please help

- A frustrated man..

:)

enifleR, Mar 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Windows Store Not Downloading

Hi,

We suggest that you try to reset your Windows Store as a work around for this issue.

To reset Windows Store, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows +R

• Type Wsreset.exe and press Enter
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Windows Store not downloading

Skype not downloading from windows 10 store

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please provide us with additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the exact error code that you receive while trying to download Skype from Windows Store?
    • Is this issue confined only to Skype app?
    • Were you able to access any other apps from Windows Store?

As this could be an issue Store, I suggest you to run Windows Store troubleshooter and check if it helps:

Method 1: As an initial step, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the
      Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Method 2: Clear the Store cache

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if it helps:

• Press the "Windows + R" keys on the keyboard.
    • Type "wsreset.exe" and press "Enter".
    • Reboot the computer and then check the issues with the App.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store not downloading

1. Windows Store not downloading - Similar Threads - Store downloading

2. can't download or find apps in microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't download or find apps in microsoft store: I want to download an app called "Ready for Assistant" from Lenovo/moto company, but I can't seem to find it. I also followed a link to that app which opens the store but still doesn't get me to the install page, it behaves like it never existed. I've tried this with...
  3. can't download or find apps in microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't download or find apps in microsoft store: I want to download an app called "Ready for Assistant" from Lenovo/moto company, but I can't seem to find it. I also followed a link to that app which opens the store but still doesn't get me to the install page, it behaves like it never existed. I've tried this with...
  4. can't download or find apps in microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11: I have a new install of Windows 11 and cannot download/update any apps in the Windows Store app. When I try to update an app I get the error "Something unexpected happened" Code 0x80073CFE...
  6. Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11

Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11: I have a new install of Windows 11 and cannot download/update any apps in the Windows Store app. When I try to update an app I get the error "Something unexpected happened" Code 0x80073CFE...
  7. Unable to Download Symbol Files Package After Microsoft Store Certification for Win UI 3...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Download Symbol Files Package After Microsoft Store Certification for Win UI 3...: Hello,I am encountering an issue with packaging my Win UI 3 application for submission to the Microsoft Store. After successfully certifying my application on the Microsoft Store, I expected to have the option to download the symbol files package. However, I am unable to...
  8. Unable to Download Symbol Files Package After Microsoft Store Certification for Win UI 3...

Unable to Download Symbol Files Package After Microsoft Store Certification for Win UI 3...: Hello,I am encountering an issue with packaging my Win UI 3 application for submission to the Microsoft Store. After successfully certifying my application on the Microsoft Store, I expected to have the option to download the symbol files package. However, I am unable to...
  9. My Acer aspire 13 will not let me download apps that aren't from the app store. How do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Acer aspire 13 will not let me download apps that aren't from the app store. How do I...: Anytime I try to download an app that is not in the app store I get a message saying I can't and to refer to the setting and I looked through the settings and can't find any5hing to change it....
  10. My Acer aspire 13 will not let me download apps that aren't from the app store. How do I...

My Acer aspire 13 will not let me download apps that aren't from the app store. How do I...: Anytime I try to download an app that is not in the app store I get a message saying I can't and to refer to the setting and I looked through the settings and can't find any5hing to change it....