Windows 10: Windows Store (Not functioning)

Discus and support Windows Store (Not functioning) in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Dear 'fellows' On beforehand, I use windows 10 Pro (1809), insider preview 18305.1003 Since a couple of weeks Store just opens the splshscreen and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Herrie, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Herrie Win User

Windows Store (Not functioning)

Dear 'fellows'

On beforehand, I use windows 10 Pro (1809), insider preview 18305.1003

Since a couple of weeks Store just opens the splshscreen and closes it immediately. It gives the impression of nopt connection/not permited. No error messages shown.

I have been trying all kinds of solutions given on the internet, not a single one worked.

I did some investigation on my machine and discovered the folowing:

BTW there is only one (me) user left with Admin rights.

- In the registry I found different 'names' of store elements. presuming the general name is [8wekyb3d8bbwe] and the _ (underscore) is a sort of 'prefix'

Using Registry Finder and search for "8wekyb3d8bbwe" gave a result of 25.793 matches.

Investigation the results, I discovered that the mentioned 'prefix' has a number of variants.

1: _8wekyb3d8bbwe (single underscore)

2: __8wekyb3d8bbwe (double underscore)

So I tried to see if there were any matching files or folders in [C:\program files\WindowsApps] using 'Everything'

Indeed the same prefixes occured.

Next thing I did was a more specific search in the registry, by using each of the varieties of prefixes

Results as follows

1: search phrase [_8wekyb3d8bbwe] >>17.814 results in Registry; 102 objects in files and folders (exclusively in Apps folder)

2: search phrase [__8wekyb3d8bbwe] >> 13.450 in Registry >> 60 objects in files and folders

a few occaisions with a prefix like _~_

Some folders seem to have an unknows principal..

What I would like to know is:

Can I completely remove ALL apps, i.e. registry values AND files/folders

Anmd lateron completely re-install them

In the hope that they are working. Store is working.

I have 'the time of the world' to do ,so AND a copy (DISM)of my windows drive

Please help!!!

:)

Herrie, Dec 24, 2018

2. Windows store not functioning

Hi Leroy,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Are you connected to a Domain network?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you using a Microsoft Account or a Local Account?
    • Are you able to access computer settings without any error?

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Windows app Store not functioning after upgrade to windows 10

Hi Curtis,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to clear Windows Store cache and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe on Run window and press enter.
    • Check if issue persists.

You may try the following steps and check:

Step 2:

Try to run the sfc scan and check if the Windows store downloads faster:

Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Windows Store (Not functioning)

windows store

Hi Botlhe,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you run the Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

If the issue persist, I suggest you to reset Windows Store cache and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key+ R.
    • Type wsreset.exe and hit
      Enter

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows Store (Not functioning)

1. Windows Store (Not functioning) - Similar Threads - Store functioning

2. Some of my Windows Store apps won't install and have ceased functioning. 0x87af0813.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my Windows Store apps won't install and have ceased functioning. 0x87af0813.: I'm getting this error code when I try to reinstall them 0x87af0813. I'm on Developer build 25997.1010 and the Windows Store Trouble Shooter isn't available in this build....
  3. Some of my Windows Store apps won't install and have ceased functioning. 0x87af0813.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of my Windows Store apps won't install and have ceased functioning. 0x87af0813.: I'm getting this error code when I try to reinstall them 0x87af0813. I'm on Developer build 25997.1010 and the Windows Store Trouble Shooter isn't available in this build....
  4. Microsoft Store, Search function, and overall QoL problems

Microsoft Store, Search function, and overall QoL problems: It's been over a year, and no one has answered my concern I wrote over a year ago, and despite all the updates since that time, it never brought back the normal functionality to my machine. It has since frustrated me.I detailed this from here, and it was locked over time with...
  5. Microsoft Store, Search function, and overall QoL problems

in Cortana
    Microsoft Store, Search function, and overall QoL problems: It's been over a year, and no one has answered my concern I wrote over a year ago, and despite all the updates since that time, it never brought back the normal functionality to my machine. It has since frustrated me.I detailed this from here, and it was locked over time with...
  6. Microsoft Store, Search function, and overall QoL problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Has Microsoft Store update notification functionality changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has Microsoft Store update notification functionality changed?: Has Microsoft Store update notification functionality recently changed in Windows 11? I update the Store and the apps by manually checking updates through the Store, but lately I have not noticed any notifications pop up when the updates are happening like in the past. I have...
  8. Has Microsoft Store update notification functionality changed?

Has Microsoft Store update notification functionality changed?: Has Microsoft Store update notification functionality recently changed in Windows 11? I update the Store and the apps by manually checking updates through the Store, but lately I have not noticed any notifications pop up when the updates are happening like in the past. I have...
  9. Microsoft store games taking up space with non-existent files + Support non functional.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store games taking up space with non-existent files + Support non functional.: A very long time ago I attempted to install a few of the Elder Scrolls games onto my computer from the Microsoft store onto my F drive which then 'installed' to this location: ' F:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps '. I left them to install and they never opened whatsoever,...
  10. Microsoft store games taking up space with non-existent files + Support non functional.

Microsoft store games taking up space with non-existent files + Support non functional.: A very long time ago I attempted to install a few of the Elder Scrolls games onto my computer from the Microsoft store onto my F drive which then 'installed' to this location: ' F:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps '. I left them to install and they never opened whatsoever,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. astroneer 0x80072f8f