Windows 10: Windows store not reinstalling

Discus and support Windows store not reinstalling in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So from the past 2 weeks i was not able to install any of my gamepass games through the xbox app so i decided to go through some of the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by CrazyProHacker, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Windows store not reinstalling

So from the past 2 weeks i was not able to install any of my gamepass games through the xbox app so i decided to go through some of the Microsoft community forums and this guide - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-not-run/339d262f-00d6-4a97-aebc-4273e7ea1b9b instructed to uninstall windows store using

Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* Remove-AppxPackage

and xbox beta app using -

Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* Remove-AppxPackage

now when the command finished, i tried reinstalling store using -

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

but

Powershell gave me this error-

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor.

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CF9

Unable to update all user store with package Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2_2.2.29512.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe with

error: 0x80070057

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] e1f2bfac-c46b-0002-adee-f2e16bc4d601 in the Event Log or use

the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID e1f2bfac-c46b-0002-adee-f2e16bc4d601

At line:1 char:61

+ ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : WriteError: C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], IOException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

i even tried

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml”}

and rebooted and still didn't see any windows store

I am on Windows 20H2 version and all my drivers are up to date too.

A clean boot or reinstalling windows isn't an option for me

My patience is slowly running out as this problem has persisted for the past few weeks and after hundreds of google searches and microsoft forum solutions i still cant solve my problem, i really want to love xbox and gamepass but windows and ms store is just not letting me do that.

:)

CrazyProHacker, Nov 26, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

reinstall store app windows 10

Did not work for me. I troed it 3 times, allways got an error.

Hi Fernando,

These are the steps to resolve the issue with Windows Store app itself. For better assistance, we suggest creating a new thread about Windows 10 apps installation.

Regards.

Riel Alc, Nov 26, 2020
  3. How to reinstall the windows Store

Hi Eibie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Method 1:

Please be informed that you cannot uninstall the windows store in windows 10.I suggest you to check Windows store in all apps and if you able to find Windows store in all apps ping it to start menu.

1. Go to windows icon.

2. Now click on all app.

3. You will find the windows store in the list.

4. Then right click on windows store and pin it to start.

Method 2:

I suggest you to re-register the Windows store app. Please follow the below steps to re-register:

• Click on start and type
      Powershell.

• Right click on the powershell and click on
      Run as Administrator.

And run the following in a Command Window to re-register:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Windows store not reinstalling

Unable to reinstall game from Windows store

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows store cache.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I would suggest you to reset Windows store cache
    and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + R keys to open run
    window.

b. Type the following command in run and press Enter.

wsreset.exe

Method 2

you can follow the article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

I suggest you to run the Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type control panel in the search box.

2. Click on troubleshooting in the control panel.

3. Click view all.

4. Click Windows store apps.

5. Follow on screen instruction.

Method 3

Make sure that “Allow apps to use my location” option is enabled. Follow these steps to enable it.

Press the “Windows + W”.
      Then type “Allow apps to use my location” without quotes in the search box and hit ENTER.
      Turn on “Allow apps to use my location”.
      Then turn on “Let apps use my location” option.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows store not reinstalling

1. Windows store not reinstalling - Similar Threads - store reinstalling

2. Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...: I have attempted reinstallation of these apps on powershell as admin and got no results. Only thing i haven't tried that I have come across is a repair install. I am questioning if I should do this and if it would mess anything up. Additionally, I am wondering if I should...
  3. Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...: I have attempted reinstallation of these apps on powershell as admin and got no results. Only thing i haven't tried that I have come across is a repair install. I am questioning if I should do this and if it would mess anything up. Additionally, I am wondering if I should...
  4. i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...

i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...: Ive tried searching appdata but found nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-a-game-off-the-microsoft-store-and/d691256b-81fd-49d9-8723-1c3730e1a68b
  5. i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...: Ive tried searching appdata but found nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-a-game-off-the-microsoft-store-and/d691256b-81fd-49d9-8723-1c3730e1a68b
  6. i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. how can i reinstall microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how can i reinstall microsoft store: How can I restore Microsoft Store to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reinstall-microsoft-store/873a95c2-6e1c-47ab-b019-276cd286d903
  8. how can i reinstall microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i reinstall microsoft store: How can I restore Microsoft Store to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reinstall-microsoft-store/873a95c2-6e1c-47ab-b019-276cd286d903
  9. how can i reinstall microsoft store

10. MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working

MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working: removed MS Store as Apps stopped working and state *error* on reinstall. Cannot reinstall Store now. tried all fixes available on internet like WS-reset -i or powershell remove gives error and reinstall gives error . package. Windows PowerShell Copyright C Microsoft...