Windows 10: Windows store not resuming game downloads.

Discus and support Windows store not resuming game downloads. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Yet more problems gaming with the windows store..... Does anyone know whats going on now? I can begin a game download of possibly several hundred... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by silverz, May 9, 2020.

1. silverz Win User

Windows store not resuming game downloads.

Yet more problems gaming with the windows store.....
    Does anyone know whats going on now? I can begin a game download of possibly several hundred gigabytes but if i pause the download and restart the system the download vanishes from the downloading list of the windows store.

I then have to manually search the store for the game in question and choose to download it again, at which point if I get lucky i'll remember which hard drive it was installing to and can resume otherwise the whole thing begins to download again from the start.

I now have 10 or so games halfway downloaded on the system all taking up space on the hard drive yet because I can't remember which games these were I can neither resume the download or remove the partially downloaded files. I also have several games that I tried to resume but couldn't remember which hard drive the partial download was on so these games are now installed fully on 1 drive and also have hundreds of gigabytes of the same game halfway downloaded on other drives.

(win 10 pro, all up to date)

:)

silverz, May 9, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

can't download games from store

Hi Krishna,

You might be experiencing this issue because of a connectivity issue or the Microsoft Store cache is corrupted. In order to diagnose the problem, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent apps and games from downloading and installing correctly. To run the troubleshooter, kindly refer to the following article:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Store app cache then try to download games again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, and right-click Command Prompt
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

We also recommend that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through

Windows Update
    and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, kindly send us a reply with the following information so we can further pinpoint the cause of this issue:

• Do you only experience this issue when downloading a specific game from Microsoft Store? If yes, what is the name of the specific game you are trying to download?
    • Have you tried downloading the game by accessing
      Microsoft Store using your web browser
      ?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, May 9, 2020
  3. not able to download games from store

Hi,

There are several possible reasons as to why you're encountering issues with downloading games from the Windows Store. Here's a list of the common factors:

• Your account may be restricted from downloading games that are inappropriate for your age.
    • Games you're trying to download are not available in your current region.
    • Corrupted app data
    • An outdated Windows 10 OS

For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you using an adult or a child account?
    • Is the Microsoft account you're using in the Windows Store app the same as your Windows 10 user account?
    • Are you using an administrator user account?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . This can help resolve issues with downloading and installing games from the Windows Store.

Catherine Cus., May 9, 2020
  4. Windows store not resuming game downloads.

MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows store not resuming game downloads.

1. Windows store not resuming game downloads. - Similar Threads - store resuming game

2. Cannot Resume Microsoft Store Download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot Resume Microsoft Store Download: Hello, So here's the thing. I tried to download a game off of the windows store, it was about 70 GB. I downloaded like 35 GBs of it, but then my PC was being a little buggy so i decided to pause it, then restart my PC. When i booted back up, i couldn't find the option to...
  3. Windows Store Game Downloading issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Game Downloading issues: Hey everyone, I apologize if this is a dumb question. I am the opposite of a gamer, but I just bought a gaming PC for the sole purpose of flight simulator, set it up yesterday, bought the game... and can't download it. The DL icon is there. It asks which device i want to DL...
  4. Pause and resume issue while downloading games

Pause and resume issue while downloading games: I was downloading forza horizon 4 and it downloaded 50GB. Then I paused downloading. Now, when I resume downloading, it starts from the begging. Please find me a solution for this....
  5. downloading games on window store.

downloading games on window store.: I recently uninstalled sea of thieves because i ran into an issue on the windows store and now i can no longer download it back on to my computeri originally got it on my Xbox if this helps...
  6. Windows Store Game download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Game download: I got Xbox Game Pass last night and downloaded Outer Worlds. The game downloaded successfully, on a drive that had plenty of space, seemed to install correctly, but I can’t launch it. Apparently, I’m supposed to have a section in my library specifically for Game Pass games,...
  7. downloading resume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading resume: tying to upload a resume from indeed. I'm completely lost. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-resume/9c5bc087-cee5-4ba1-8f6a-f5ebb60aa8d3"
  8. Resume download for Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resume download for Windows update: How to resume download feature update to Windows 10 version 1809? Thanks everyone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resume-download-for-windows-update/d3122a1c-81b4-449b-9fc5-298626f596f2
  9. Resume download for Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resume download for Windows update: How to resume download feature update to Windows 10 version 1809? Thanks everyone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/resume-download-for-windows-update/d3122a1c-81b4-449b-9fc5-298626f596f2
  10. Resume downloads with Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Resume downloads with Edge?: In contrast to IE the Edge browser seems to have no way to resume an aborted download. If there was some network hiccup or similar and the download failed, then there is no easy way to simply restart that download other then to navigate back to the page and re-trigger the...