Windows 10: Windows store not works through openvpn

Discus and support Windows store not works through openvpn in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; When using openvpn (It installs own adapter) This error will be recieved when you try to download an app "You'll need the internet for this It... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by mahdi_502, Jan 2, 2019.

1. mahdi_502 Win User

Windows store not works through openvpn

When using openvpn (It installs own adapter)

This error will be recieved when you try to download an app

"You'll need the internet for this

It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet. Please check your connection and try again.

0x800704cf

Note: Below methods has been tried

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/840dcc9a-7bd2-42cf-9bb9-52bf5c7b34a3/error-code-0x800704cf-using-vpn?forum=win10itpronetworking&prof=required

:)

mahdi_502, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

OpenVPN 2.4.6

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Were there any changes made on the PC prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps listed in
    troubleshoot Windows 10 hangs or freezes and check
    if it works.

Note: Article holds good for Windows 10.

You may also place the PC on a
    clean boot state
    and check if it works fine. Reset the computer to start normally after troubleshooting. Refer

clean boot state
    for the same.

Note:

A ‘Clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.

Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however that functionality will return when you
    reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

If the issue persists, get in touch with the
    OpenVPN support for further help.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 2, 2019
  3. BKilpat01 Win User
    Store OpenVPN credentials in the Credential Manager

I use OpenVPN. In order to connect, I have to enter a username and password. I know that credentials can be stored in plaintext, but I would like to store them securely. FWIW, OpenVPN is also installed as a service. Is there a way that I can store the
    login credentials in the credential manager so that it can connect without me having to enter the password? Barring that, is there some way that I can set the integrity level of the plaintext file holding the credentials so as to limit access to it?

BKilpat01, Jan 2, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows store not works through openvpn - Similar Threads - store works through

2. The OpenVPN can't be installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The OpenVPN can't be installed: I have Windows 10 x64.During I install OpenVPN the error appears See the screenshot.I tried to install different versions from 2.5.5 to 2.6.0.I had the same result...
  3. The OpenVPN can't be installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The OpenVPN can't be installed: I have Windows 10 x64.During I install OpenVPN the error appears See the screenshot.I tried to install different versions from 2.5.5 to 2.6.0.I had the same result...
  4. OpenVPN is not working after Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OpenVPN is not working after Windows 11 upgrade: Hi Team,I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 after that my OpenVPN client is unable to launch. Is anyone else facing that issue? I tried different blogs available on Internet to allow that OpenVPN app on firewall but none of them works.Can someone help me ....
  5. OpenVPN is not working after Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OpenVPN is not working after Windows 11 upgrade: Hi Team,I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 after that my OpenVPN client is unable to launch. Is anyone else facing that issue? I tried different blogs available on Internet to allow that OpenVPN app on firewall but none of them works.Can someone help me ....
  6. OpenVPN not working Windows server 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OpenVPN not working Windows server 2019: Hey guys I recently got a problem with connecting to a openVPN profile with a windows server 2019 RDP. when i connect it shows successful connection but when browsing there is no internet conection. i tried to reinstall Tap drivers bur still nothing works. I also...
  7. How to use OpenVPN client on Windows?

How to use OpenVPN client on Windows?: I have an OpenVPN server running on my router and am trying to set up OpenVPN on a laptop so I can access computers and NAS drives on my LAN when traveling. I had very little trouble getting software installed and configured enough to get a VPN tunnel to my router. But I've...
  8. OpenVPN 2.4.6

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OpenVPN 2.4.6: I am using the OpenVPN 2.4.6 app, with OpenVPN-configuration files-strong from the vpn Private Internet Access (PIA). I am experiencing extreme slowdown regarding my laptops functioning: delays in response to pressing the volume keys, Firefox/Edge/Chrome browsers comes to a...
  9. Synology OpenVPN Performance

Synology OpenVPN Performance: I currently have an OpenVPN setup with a pfSense box. I'm thinking of ditching it and setting up OpenVPN on a Synology RS1219+ (need to upgrade current NAS for my wife's photography business). Does anyone know what kind of throughput one might get with the RS1219+? It has a...
  10. OpenVPN - Send All Traffic Through VPN in Windows 10

OpenVPN - Send All Traffic Through VPN in Windows 10: With OpenVPN on macOS, I have the option to check to send all traffic through the VPN. With Windows 10 (v1803), I do not have this option. Does anyone know if OpenVPN 2.4.6 will automatically send all traffic through the VPN? I don't want *any* traffic to not go through the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows store openvpn