Windows 10: Windows Store opens for a couple second and then closes.

Discus and support Windows Store opens for a couple second and then closes. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried many things I have read in other threads discussing the same problem. Very frustrated, please help. thanks, Chris... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChrisS_1971, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Windows Store opens for a couple second and then closes.

I have tried many things I have read in other threads discussing the same problem. Very frustrated, please help.

thanks,

Chris

:)

ChrisS_1971, Sep 29, 2018

2. Windows 10 Store: After recent update, app force closes

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know; which all troubleshooting steps you have tried?

I would suggest you to runshell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 29, 2018
  3. BTiger Win User
    Store App opens loads for about a second then closes

1. Go to "This PC"
    2. Double click "OS (C*Smile"
    3. Open "Users"
    4. Open your username (The Profile you are currently working in)
    5. Open "AppData"
    6. Open "Local"
    7. Open "Packages"
    8. Open "Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe"
    9. Open "LocalCache"
    10. Delete the entire folder, with contents, you see there.
    For those who didn't want/need a step by step:
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
    Then delete the one folder in LocalCache.
    And that's pretty much it. Opened store and no issues after. Also if anyone is having issues with the Mail App, if you have AVG, it's the firewall on that so just turn it off and mail will start syncing. Hope this helps everyone.

BTiger, Sep 29, 2018
  4. Windows Store opens for a couple second and then closes.

Windows Store Hanging

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to runshell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows Store opens for a couple second and then closes.

1. Windows Store opens for a couple second and then closes. - Similar Threads - Store opens couple

2. CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds, CMD and Powershell closing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds, CMD and Powershell closing.: My Laptop is fine i didnt download any viruses, Didnt mess with system files nor modify it. After a normal restart, A message that pops up for half a second saying "This app wont work on this computer" Or something like that The messages appears and disappears too fast its...
  3. CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds, CMD and Powershell closing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds, CMD and Powershell closing.: My Laptop is fine i didnt download any viruses, Didnt mess with system files nor modify it. After a normal restart, A message that pops up for half a second saying "This app wont work on this computer" Or something like that The messages appears and disappears too fast its...
  4. Why does Windows 11 Search close a couple of seconds after opening?

Why does Windows 11 Search close a couple of seconds after opening?: I have tried several of the recommendations found on this site but no success. Anyone have a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-11-search-close-a-couple-of/58bfbfb7-0070-4e73-854a-368856502478
  5. Why does Windows 11 Search close a couple of seconds after opening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 Search close a couple of seconds after opening?: I have tried several of the recommendations found on this site but no success. Anyone have a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-11-search-close-a-couple-of/58bfbfb7-0070-4e73-854a-368856502478
  6. CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds: My pc is fine i didnt download any viruses, Didnt mess with system files nor modify it. After a normal restart, A message that pops up for half a second saying "This app wont work on this computer" Or something like that The messages appears and disappears too fast its hard...
  7. CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds: My pc is fine i didnt download any viruses, Didnt mess with system files nor modify it. After a normal restart, A message that pops up for half a second saying "This app wont work on this computer" Or something like that The messages appears and disappears too fast its hard...
  8. CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds

9. Microsoft Store opens for a second, then closes immediately

Microsoft Store opens for a second, then closes immediately: When I opened Microsoft Store, it closed immediately after a second and I tried everything to try to reset it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-opens-for-a-second-then-closes/67f9551d-7cfd-46ef-a300-94d9b83a4c43
  10. Store App opens loads for about a second then closes

Store App opens loads for about a second then closes: On the free upgrade, build 10240, the Windows 10 Store App opens for about a second with the loading graphic, but then closes immediately. I tried multiple ways to open it - taskbar icon, start menu tile, searching for it, heck I even asked Cortana to start it. All to no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows store opens then closes

2. playstore wont opem on tablt opens and closes

3. windows store opens then immediately closes

4. windows 10 store opens and closes immediately,
  5. windows opens then,
  6. store opens then closes,
  7. windows store opens and closesd