Windows 10: Windows Store Permission Errors

Discus and support Windows Store Permission Errors in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently plugged in an external SATA drive into my computer, and I used takeown to change the permissions on the drive so that I could recover the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ImTheSquid, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Windows Store Permission Errors

I recently plugged in an external SATA drive into my computer, and I used takeown to change the permissions on the drive so that I could recover the data. However, after doing so, suddenly half of my apps on the Windows Store don't work. This was unexpected because I only used takeown on the external drive, and I'm not even sure it should have had any effect. Apps like Twitter, Netflix, and Minecraft Win10 Edition work fine, but other apps like Spotify, iTunes, and CrystalDiskMark don't open and instead throw out an error. Even if I try to use the administrator command prompt to manually run the files, it doesn't work. Win32 programs work just fine. I have already tried changing permissions for the Windows Store and its folders, resetting it, reinstalling it, moving it, and none of it worked.

Windows Store Permission Errors 65cfb4c7-e5ca-4f04-b904-d952c47158cc?upload=true.png Windows Store Permission Errors 25f9eed2-0488-4498-b608-2b0bb2eb2e27?upload=true.png

:)

ImTheSquid, Dec 17, 2018

2. Error Code On Store

Hi Nixodus,

To download a game without this error, we suggest that you try resetting the Windows store with the following steps:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type, WSReset.exe, then hit enter.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Dec 17, 2018
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Windows Store Permission Errors

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows Store Permission Errors

1. Windows Store Permission Errors - Similar Threads - Store Permission Errors

2. File permission error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File permission error.: Can't open/save my files. Can someone please call me asap to fix. I cannot access my business file that I need asap. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-permission-error/96668f40-dbb4-4d02-a797-603598344bc6
  3. Parent permission error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parent permission error: I’ve struggled with Microsoft for a while now because they changed a lot of things. I’m attempting to download the Xbox app and every time it tells me to ask for a parents permission. Thing is, there is nobody to ask because there is nobody in my family on Microsoft. Yes, I...
  4. Window store "Offline permissions"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Window store "Offline permissions": Why is this a thing??? I had lots of problem with my pc and every time i clean install my pc and turn this on i lose one of 3 and now i cant add my pc because 3 is taken and need to wait 1year... I would Like to have a fix to this, and they make it possible to reset it with...
  5. Microsoft Permission Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Permission Error: I am trying to install a .vbs file for an application called Imprivata but I am getting a permission denied Microsoft vbscript runtime error 800a0046. It's looking at line 43 char 1. I have used the following methods and they did not work I am still getting the error....
  6. Windows Permissions Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Permissions Error: The error I get is the following: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." This error pops up for almost EVERYTHING. I'm the only account on my pc and am an admin yet this is the case. I...
  7. "Ask for Permission" Error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Ask for Permission" Error: I just recently got a gaming laptop for Christmas, a Dell G3 15 3590 to be specific. It runs a 64bit Windows 10 Home OS. I'm part of a Microsoft family and marked as "Child". Anyways, I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, so I checked the Xbox Beta app to see the games I could...
  8. Permission error.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permission error.: I recently downloaded an antivirus tool that I confirmed to be safe. The tool however slowed down my computer so I tried to delete it (it didnt work and said "you require permission from the admins to make changes to this folder". ( I am the only owner and admin of this...
  9. apps permission error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    apps permission error: My microphone,location,and camera apps permission is missing.Does anyone know how to solve this problem thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-permission-error/fffa0a1f-217b-4379-b373-05e244457f3c
  10. Permission error

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission error: Hi All, Windows 10 Pro. Administrator. When trying to access the Windows\Temp folder, I receive the prompt informing me that, "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." I click the continue button and receive the error message, "You have been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows store netflix error 0x80073CF9