Windows 10: Windows Store refuses to uninstall or install games

Discus and support Windows Store refuses to uninstall or install games in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I got Xbox Game Pass the other day and played Forza just fine for a few hours while I had Sea of Thieves download. Yesterday I played Forza and didn't... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Meowd_Lion, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Windows Store refuses to uninstall or install games

I got Xbox Game Pass the other day and played Forza just fine for a few hours while I had Sea of Thieves download. Yesterday I played Forza and didn't realize that the game that I had started downloading when I started playing, Outer Worlds, had failed to download until the play session was up. I fought with that for a bit and was told that there were duplicate entries in registry for my E drive, which I fixed by removing the duplicate and restarting.
    I got a new error while trying to install Outer Worlds and decided I was done troubleshooting for the day and went to play Sea of Thieves, which didn't even boot up. After figuring out how to uninstall it it wouldn't uninstall at all, giving me an error 0x80073cfa. I, still upset from my previous attempts at troubleshooting, went to go play Forza instead, which now no longer will launch either, despite working just fine not two hours earlier. Trying to uninstall it gave me the same problem.
    I followed a bunch of guides and none of them helped. In frustration, I completely removed the drive that the games were on from my computer then turned the PC on. The Microsoft Store not only thinks the games are still there, but still tries to run them when I hit launch. I'm fairly certain I must have messed something up while I was in the registry and would like to know how to fix it. Also I would like to know how to install Outer Worlds as it refuses to install on my other computer as well, prompting a different error 0x80073cf9.

:)

Meowd_Lion, Nov 15, 2020
  2. WiIfred P Win User

UNINSTALL GAMES FROM MICROSOFT

Hi Calaird,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about Uninstalling games.

Reference:

If you installed your game from the Microsoft Store, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select All Apps, and then find your game in the list.

3. Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the steps to uninstall the game.

5. To reinstall your game, open the Store app, and then select the profile button.

6. Select My Library.

7. Locate your game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

If you installed your game from a location other than the Microsoft Store, such as a DVD or external storage device, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select Settings, and then in the search bar, type “Programs and features.”

3. Select Programs and Features from the search results.

4. Highlight your game in the list of available programs and apps.

5. If your game supports repair, Repair will appear as an option above the list of games. Select this option to access the in-game repair process. Alternatively, some games support repair via the Uninstall/Change options. If you don't see "Repair," select Uninstall
    or Change from the available options and check to see if the game supports repair.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Nov 15, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Robbo123 Win User

Windows Store refuses to uninstall or install games

cant uninstall 3dmark06

Should do the job, if you cant uninstall it, just delete everything you can find via windows explorer, and if it refuses to go, use some fileshredding software like what you suggested above!

Robbo123, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store refuses to uninstall or install games

1. Windows Store refuses to uninstall or install games - Similar Threads - Store refuses uninstall

2. Microsoft store refusing to install, not sure if even properly uninstalled

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store refusing to install, not sure if even properly uninstalled: Hello,I'm trying to install the Microsoft Store app on my Windows 10 PC and I'm having no luck. I previously tried uninstalling it, which kind of worked. It doesn't show up in my list of installed apps, but when I search for it with Windows search it pops up with a blank...
  3. Microsoft store refusing to install, not sure if even properly uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store refusing to install, not sure if even properly uninstalled: Hello,I'm trying to install the Microsoft Store app on my Windows 10 PC and I'm having no luck. I previously tried uninstalling it, which kind of worked. It doesn't show up in my list of installed apps, but when I search for it with Windows search it pops up with a blank...
  4. Microsoft store refusing to install, not sure if even properly uninstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. App refusing to uninstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App refusing to uninstall: [ATTACH] Hey guys. I am trying to uninstall a VPN so that I can upgrade to a newer version of it so that I can connect to a client's system. Was told to wipe it and then just install the new version. Unfortunately I have tried almost everything I can think of to get rid of...
  6. Uninstalling Windows Store Games

Uninstalling Windows Store Games: This is relatively straightforward. I Bought the Game Pass to try out Sea of Thieves and just picked it up in the Steam Sale. Now, uninstalling via the control panel only leads to uninstalling the Steam version of the game and I do not seem to be able to find an uninstall...
  7. Unable to uninstall Windows Store Games

Unable to uninstall Windows Store Games: I have several Microsoft Store games that do not have the option to uninstall. The button is just greyed out. Is there a fix for this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-uninstall-windows-store-games/0977044a-a373-4917-b28a-503e274155f9
  8. Microsoft Store refuses to install app

Microsoft Store refuses to install app: This may be related to things I did to try and clean up previous failed installations, but now the Microsoft Store won't attempt to install an app I own. Whenever I click the install button, I get a prompt to choose a drive to install to, I select the drive C: in this case...
  9. Program refuses to be uninstalled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Program refuses to be uninstalled: Bitdefender (an anti-virus program) is giving me trouble. After running for a week it gave trouble (refused to accept my sign-in details and even a new attempt to register under new details). It refuses to run and it keeps in asking me to re-install it, which I do but I get...
  10. Windows Store app broken and refuses to uninstall.

Windows Store app broken and refuses to uninstall.: When I open the Windows Store app, it immediately closes. Event Viewer says this: "Activation of the app Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App for the Windows.Launch contract was blocked with error 0x80073CFC because its package is in state: Error from application of...