Windows 10: Windows Store, Skype, Photos apps pop up for a second and then get suspended

Discus and support Windows Store, Skype, Photos apps pop up for a second and then get suspended in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows Store, Skype, Photos apps pop up for a second and then get suspended. I tried updating from 1803. Now the PC is Windows 10 version 1909, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aalys, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Aalys Win User

Windows Store, Skype, Photos apps pop up for a second and then get suspended

Windows Store, Skype, Photos apps pop up for a second and then get suspended. I tried updating from 1803. Now the PC is Windows 10 version 1909, but has the same problem.

Before and after the update, I did a clean boot, tried resetting Store, running wsreset takes a while and then pops up an error message, restoring apps, running the following scripts with reboots in between

"dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow
    powershell
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}"

The powershell command resulted in 3 error messages 4 messages after the update, all with error code 0x80073D02, related to InputApp or Cortana or StartMenuExperienceHost keeping the access.

The event viewer showed

"The server Microsoft.WindowsStore_12007.1001.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App did not register with DCOM within the required timeout." is when I tried to start Microsoft Store. Most other errors are also for the same reason

I then took ownership of the WindowsApp folder, tried to create a local admin account... nothing helped so far.

I would consider reinstalling windows but there is a lot of software I would need to reinstall after that, requiring several days of work.

Please advise.

:)

Aalys, Jul 29, 2020

2. Skype not downloading from windows 10 store

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please provide us with additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the exact error code that you receive while trying to download Skype from Windows Store?
    • Is this issue confined only to Skype app?
    • Were you able to access any other apps from Windows Store?

As this could be an issue Store, I suggest you to run Windows Store troubleshooter and check if it helps:

Method 1: As an initial step, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the
      Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Method 2: Clear the Store cache

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if it helps:

• Press the "Windows + R" keys on the keyboard.
    • Type "wsreset.exe" and press "Enter".
    • Reboot the computer and then check the issues with the App.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 29, 2020
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Windows Store, Skype, Photos apps pop up for a second and then get suspended

Windows 10--> app store, photo <--- not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with Windows Store apps as they are not working, we will help you with this issue.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: For issues with Windows Store.

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if it helps:

• Press the "Windows + R" keys on the keyboard.
    • Type "wsreset.exe" and press "Enter".
    • Reboot the computer and then check the issues with the Windows Store.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter

Windows Store Apps troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store apps form working properly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 3:

I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store, Skype, Photos apps pop up for a second and then get suspended

1. Windows Store, Skype, Photos apps pop up for a second and then get suspended - Similar Threads - Store Skype Photos

2. photos app popping up CONSTANTLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app popping up CONSTANTLY: hi there! i am currently downloading photos off of google onto my laptop, but every time i download a picture, it opens a popup from my photos app. normally it's not too annoying, but when i'm downloading multiple photos and the app pops up every. single. time. for every....
  3. photos app popping up CONSTANTLY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app popping up CONSTANTLY: hi there! i am currently downloading photos off of google onto my laptop, but every time i download a picture, it opens a popup from my photos app. normally it's not too annoying, but when i'm downloading multiple photos and the app pops up every. single. time. for every....
  4. Microsoft Store app crashes pops up then vanishes in 1 second or less

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store app crashes pops up then vanishes in 1 second or less: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎11-‎22 OS build 22000.978 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.978.0 I have been working on this issue for a few weeks now, I have tried all the usual fixes:Made sure I updated everythingTried the MS...
  5. Microsoft Store app crashes pops up then vanishes in 1 second or less

Microsoft Store app crashes pops up then vanishes in 1 second or less: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎11-‎22 OS build 22000.978 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.978.0 I have been working on this issue for a few weeks now, I have tried all the usual fixes:Made sure I updated everythingTried the MS...
  6. Photos pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos pop up: When browsing in Microsoft Edge, my photos keep popping up - how do I stop that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-pop-up/e618bab0-c34b-4b6d-ad45-5ed3ecaa9c05
  7. Photos pop up

Photos pop up: When browsing in Microsoft Edge, my photos keep popping up - how do I stop that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-pop-up/e618bab0-c34b-4b6d-ad45-5ed3ecaa9c05
  8. Photos pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. App getting instantly suspended

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App getting instantly suspended: [ATTACH] Wassup. So, I've encountered this problem on my girlfriend's laptop first with a game called Friday Night Funkin', and now I'm having the same issue but with Terraria. About a year ago, Terraria was working fine on my PC, but now older versions and new versions...
  10. "Search for app in Store" pop-up

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Search for app in Store" pop-up: We have some Windows 10 pc's working on a domain but which are not allowed to have access to the external web. --> disconnected On these pc's we run an .exe file created in C#. Before this file was working well on the same pc configuration but then still a windows 7. Now...