Windows 10: Windows store "Something happened on our end" brand new win11 computer

Discus and support Windows store "Something happened on our end" brand new win11 computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a brand new computer prebuilt Asus and since firing it up for the first time I cannot download ANYTHING on the windows store. I am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MikeMx19, Jan 25, 2023.

1. MikeMx19 Win User

Windows store "Something happened on our end" brand new win11 computer

I bought a brand new computer prebuilt Asus and since firing it up for the first time I cannot download ANYTHING on the windows store. I am trying to download the XBOX app and I keep getting the "something happened on our end" message. I have completed all of the troubleshooting steps for this FAQ on these forums reset the store, check time/region settings, checked updates, windows troubleshooter, MS support reinstalled microsoft store, Repaired windows, uninstalled Mcafee and Malwarebytes, created an exception through windows defender firewall for MS store, tried without any firewall altoget

:)

MikeMx19, Jan 25, 2023
  2. MikeMx19 Win User

I bought a brand new computer prebuilt Asus and since firing it up for the first time I cannot download ANYTHING on the windows store. I am trying to download the XBOX app and I keep getting the "something happened on our end" message.

I have completed all of the troubleshooting steps for this FAQ on these forums (reset the store, check time/region settings, checked updates, windows troubleshooter, MS support reinstalled microsoft store, Repaired windows, uninstalled Mcafee and Malwarebytes, created an exception through windows defender firewall for MS store, tried without any firewall altogether, tried to download the XBOX app via the websites EXE and when it goes to install, the connection times out and won't install, tried a different internet connection (tried with 4g on iphone) ) and tried another MS account. I have also contacted Microsoft support and worked with tier 2 for over 2 hours on the issue. They finally advised the last attempt is to completely reinstall windows, which I declined to do at the time.

This is a brand new computer with windows 11. Is there anything else I can do? I'm not confident a re-install would work.

Edit: my case id is 1048976924 in case anyone from MS is on this forum.

MikeMx19, Jan 25, 2023
  3. MikeMx19 Win User

I click the blue install, it displays a swirlie icon like it's trying to load, and about a minute later I get a pop up that says,

Something happened on our end. Try again later.

Yes, the MS reps i worked with over 2 hours ensured my windows updates were the most up to date I could get.

Edit: Also it's not just the xbox app, no app is downloading through the store. and when I try to run the update in the store to update all my apps I get the same

Something happened on our end. Try again later.

MikeMx19, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Ghot Win User

Win11 Health Check won't run due to 'my organization'

You need to list the hardware for the computers you're considering.

Thema:

1. Windows store "Something happened on our end" brand new win11 computer - Similar Threads - store Something happened

2. Something happened in our end - Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened in our end - Microsoft store: Hello! I Just want to update apps and install Spotify and I got code: 0x80246008 anyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-in-our-end-microsoft-store/fd41753a-67ef-42f4-9b9b-9070172b3bc8
  3. Something happened in our end - Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something happened in our end - Microsoft store: Hello! I Just want to update apps and install Spotify and I got code: 0x80246008 anyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-in-our-end-microsoft-store/fd41753a-67ef-42f4-9b9b-9070172b3bc8
  4. Windows store "Something happened on our end" brand new win11 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store "Something happened on our end" brand new win11 computer: I bought a brand new computer prebuilt Asus and since firing it up for the first time I cannot download ANYTHING on the windows store. I am trying to download the XBOX app and I keep getting the "something happened on our end" message. I have completed all of the...
  5. Microsoft Store: "Something happens to our end" error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store: "Something happens to our end" error: Hello,I just got some problems with my Microsoft store. I just updated my Windows 10 to 11 some months ago. Everything seemed OK until one day my laptop got a blue screen error and I needed to reinstall my operating system. I got help from a colleague. He installed for me...
  6. something happened at our end.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    something happened at our end.: So for about a month or two now whenever I go to install or update a game on Microsoft store it just says Something happened at our end. Due to this I am in desperate need of assistance/help so I can play my games. Many thanks....
  7. something happened at our end.

something happened at our end.: So for about a month or two now whenever I go to install or update a game on Microsoft store it just says Something happened at our end. Due to this I am in desperate need of assistance/help so I can play my games. Many thanks....
  8. Windows Store error, something happened on our end.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store error, something happened on our end.: Hello everyone! Just received a new computer and trying to download apps. After downloading about 15 to 20 successfully, I am now getting error messages about something happening on their end. I followed other posts to reset the store, clear the cache, and try other networks,...
  9. Windows Store error, something happened on our end.

Windows Store error, something happened on our end.: Hello everyone! Just received a new computer and trying to download apps. After downloading about 15 to 20 successfully, I am now getting error messages about something happening on their end. I followed other posts to reset the store, clear the cache, and try other networks,...
  10. Windows Store - Something happened at our end

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store - Something happened at our end: I've checked out every possible tutorial on how to fix the said problem, but none of them seem to have worked for me. This error is preventing me from installing any applications from Windows Store, and I'm hoping there could be a solution on getting rid of this problem....