Windows 10: Windows Store Spring Cleaning

Discus and support Windows Store Spring Cleaning in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has Microsoft come up with a way to clean "All Owned" dead wood from the list. I've tried many a bad program which I would like to remove. My list is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thomaseg1, Jun 19, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

Windows Store Spring Cleaning

Has Microsoft come up with a way to clean "All Owned" dead wood from the list.
    I've tried many a bad program which I would like to remove.
    My list is quite bulky now (takes 5 minutes to load) and needs some serious pruning.

:)

thomaseg1, Jun 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Windows Store Spring Cleaning

windows store

Hi Botlhe,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you run the Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

If the issue persist, I suggest you to reset Windows Store cache and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key+ R.
    • Type wsreset.exe and hit
      Enter

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows Store Spring Cleaning

1. Windows Store Spring Cleaning - Similar Threads - Store Spring Cleaning

2. spring 2021 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    spring 2021 update: creating a sytem image went from 2 minutes using a samsung t5 external drive.what iis the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spring-2021-update/aee51f0a-b3d8-4b46-8fc6-dca1a98951f7
  3. Spring 2021 Update

Spring 2021 Update: Taking a long time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spring-2021-update/7a2e095c-4e8e-4f4e-af64-ced37fe0f1e6
  4. Spring cleaning my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Spring cleaning my computer: Hi, In an attempt to get rid of some unused apps on my computer, I notice I have 20 apps totalling over 20 MB. These are titled "Visual C++ redistributable" I think they may have something to do with programming which I have never done or intend to do. Is it OK to delete...
  5. Windows Store Spring Cleaning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Spring Cleaning: Has Microsoft come up with a way to clean "All Owned" dead wood from the list. I've tried many a bad program which I would like to remove. My list is quite bulky now (takes 5 minutes to load) and needs some serious pruning. 135087
  6. Windows 10 Spring update

Windows 10 Spring update: Hello, I have a new HP business laptop and so far I have installed Office 2016, Symantec Security Endpoint protection and have downloaded a handful of Microsoft updates but after 10 days the Spring update has not started to download or install. The computer is connected to...
  7. Windows 10 spring update 2018

Windows 10 spring update 2018: Why do people STILL put up with the arrogant attitude put forth by the Microsoft organization? On 4 occasions Windows 10 tried to update my system with the spring 2018 creators upgrade. On the 4th attempt, it bricked my computer. AND I MEAN BRICKED. I spent a full 3...
  8. spring update

spring update: is it safe to remove the spring update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/spring-update/5daf5a74-9347-494c-9bf4-71a61004ba86
  9. USB devices not working after Device Manager spring clean

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices not working after Device Manager spring clean: ^sounds like good advice with the 3 month wait. In the meantime I will look into Ed's guide on disabling win 10 updates. They really need to improve the error reporting. You can't fix something if the update log does not tell you what is going wrong. the 1709 update...
  10. Microsoft Store Spring Sale Mar. 27 to April 9th

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store Spring Sale Mar. 27 to April 9th: 3PTjXUtWWdc It’s time to kiss Winter goodbye: the Microsoft Store Spring Sale starts today! Freshen up your gaming and entertainment options and take advantage of savings on select Xbox digital games, consoles, accessories, Xbox Live Gold, movies & TV shows, and apps for...