Windows 10: Windows Store stopped upgrading the latest apps

Discus and support Windows Store stopped upgrading the latest apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; One of 8 computers on version 1909 stopped updating to the newest apps such as calculator and feedback hub in mid-May. I tried everything from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MikeMcE, May 24, 2020.

1. MikeMcE Win User

Windows Store stopped upgrading the latest apps

One of 8 computers on version 1909 stopped updating to the newest apps such as calculator and feedback hub in mid-May. I tried everything from restoring old backups to other versions of Windows 10 1809 to reinstalling on a blank SSD both versions 1809 and 1909 with no success. At this point the only common items are the computers account on Microsoft's servers and the account I logged in on also tired a different user account with no success. This would seem to narrow the issue down to the computer's store account on MS servers.

Since this computer has been used as part of the insider program I swap out the SSD for testing, can the computer account on MS servers become full or corrupt?

If so how do I go about getting it fixed or reset?

MikeMc

:)

MikeMcE, May 24, 2020

2. Windows Store Apps will not install after latest Windows Update

Hi,

Error 0x80073cfe that started after the latest Windows update may occur in Windows Store due to corrupted package repository. For us to fix this error, we suggest that you reset the Windows Store cache and try installing apps again. To reset the Windows
    Store cache, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run window.
    • Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Gerard Qui, May 24, 2020
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, May 24, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, May 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Store stopped upgrading the latest apps - Similar Threads - Store stopped upgrading

2. Microsoft store not showing latest app versions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not showing latest app versions: Hi,I have two different machines, one is desktop other one is laptop.On desktop whatsapp version2.2237.5.0 is installed. But on my laptop the windows store is always installing version2.2228.14.0 .Why does not the store install latest whatsapp on laptop as well, moreover I...
  3. Microsoft store not showing latest app versions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not showing latest app versions: Hi,I have two different machines, one is desktop other one is laptop.On desktop whatsapp version2.2237.5.0 is installed. But on my laptop the windows store is always installing version2.2228.14.0 .Why does not the store install latest whatsapp on laptop as well, moreover I...
  4. Microsoft store not showing latest app versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't download about 90% of apps from windows store "upgrade to latest version of windows"...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download about 90% of apps from windows store "upgrade to latest version of windows"...: Hi, I cant download almost any of the apps from the store, the download button is grey and a message saying i need to upgrade to the latest version of windows is shown. I have the latest update of windows 10, run troubleshooting and nothing, tried reseting the store but its...
  6. Windows Store stopped upgrading to the latest apps

Windows Store stopped upgrading to the latest apps: One of 8 computers on version 1909 stopped updating to the newest apps such as calculator and feedback hub in mid-May. I tried everything from restoring old backups to other versions of Windows 10 1809 to reinstalling on a blank SSD both versions 1809 and 1909 with no...
  7. latest windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest windows upgrade: I tried to install the latest windows 10 upgrade on my hp stream. I quickly ran out of storage space and had to insert a USB drive. Followed the instructions, seemed to work fine until I followed the prompt to restart. I let it run for over 24 hours and it never finished....
  8. Windows store and Apps stopped opening

Windows store and Apps stopped opening: Hi, Recently, I tried to enter Microsoft Weather App but it opens for less than seconds and then closes without any error. Same happened with Windows Store, News Apps, Feedback Hub, and Facebook App. I tried resetting the weather app, tried wsreset.exe, tried the...
  9. latest windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest windows upgrade: First is amazing to me you cant talk to Microsoft a billion dollar industry. Def last windows PC I will own headaches for 30 years. Mac is on Deck. Anyway my Pc downloads update when it restarts wont install 82% stuck the hard drive sounds like a jet warming up when I go...
  10. Latest Store App Updates in Windows 10

Latest Store App Updates in Windows 10: All Store App Updates and Microsoft Updates can now be found in this Thread. This is to make it easier for members to find once an App has been updated or upgraded, also for any member to add their own that they find in the store to add. This will hopefully let members...