Windows 10: WIndows Store stopped working two updates ago

Discus and support WIndows Store stopped working two updates ago in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 on PC and Laptop and I found out that two Widnows Store updates ago I made on PC, Windows Store stopped working good, since in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dzigibau, Oct 11, 2017.

1. dzigibau Win User

WIndows Store stopped working two updates ago

I have Windows 10 on PC and Laptop and I found out that two Widnows Store updates ago I made on PC, Windows Store stopped working good, since in the opening screen it does not have small banners of individual apps as it should be but it has only greyed and empty big boxes. When I press button Games on the top, it shows pictures on same game banners but more than a half boxes are still greyed out and empty. Yes I did try wsreset.exe and Powershell trick to fix it, but nothing worked. I recently submitted Feedback about it, but it still not working as it has worked before.

On Laptop I did not make Windows Store update and it still works good, everything showed up correctly as it should.

Could someone confirm this issue and possibly give some direction to fix it if it is possible at all or to ask from Microsoft to make another Windows Store Update which will be working good.

Thank you.

:)

dzigibau, Oct 11, 2017

2. Calendar stuck on spash, Mail unresponsive, and Store will not download

Same here, Apps stopped working two days ago, updates in Store are just pending, never downloading. Really annoyed. Surface Pro 3 here.

SaschaDrinkuth, Oct 11, 2017
  3. Windows Store is not working on Windows 10.

Original Title: Windows Store

I have updated my HP Touchsmart 520 to Windows 10. Three months ago. The Windows store worked for a few days and then stopped.

I have run sfc/scannow and wsreset. Store worked for one day.

I have reinstalled windows and again worked for a day and then stopped.

Any suggests that a non-geek can do to fix the problem?

Thanks

LarryMlynek, Oct 11, 2017
  4. WIndows Store stopped working two updates ago

Caledon Ken, Oct 11, 2017
  5. dzigibau Win User
    Thank you for our response Ken.

I am already on 1703 version, Creators update. Did everything I could find on the forum, wreset, Powershell trick, nothing worked.

I did system restore, just to go to couple of updates before and Windows Store worked well. I purposely did Windows Store update manually, pressed three dots and Store had an update, I performed update and it stopped working well again.

Therefore I assumed that something is wrong with this new Windows Store updates. I turned off automatic updates of Windows apps through out Windows Store and I perform updates manually from time to time. This is a trick how I found out that Windows Store is not working well anymore. I did also sfc/ scannow and DCIM Restore health, nothing found as error, Windows Store still does not work well.

It is probably something with new updates or there is a trick how to make it work again which I could not find.

dzigibau, Oct 11, 2017
  6. Try the repair with Data Backed Up

Caledon Ken, Oct 12, 2017
  7. dzigibau Win User
    Thank you Ken.

I made Store working again, it was related to language and when I change it to English, it has started working again.

The only thing, I can not figure out is that Store tile not changing in Start menu, all other tiles change frequently. Yes, I sellected option Show Products on Tile and yes, I checked that Tile Live is ON. Tile is not changing, it stays silent.

Could you tell me how to make Windows Store Tile changing in Start menu.

dzigibau, Oct 18, 2017
  8. WIndows Store stopped working two updates ago

Sorry I can't. Maybe its behaviour will change with the Fall Creators Update. Don't think I would download for just that.

Thanks for posting your solution, it will help others.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WIndows Store stopped working two updates ago

1. WIndows Store stopped working two updates ago - Similar Threads - Store stopped working

2. Windows Update wants to reinstall an update I did two weeks ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update wants to reinstall an update I did two weeks ago: Windows Update now wants to reinstall KB5027538 a .NET update which I had installed a few weeks ago. A few days ago I had installed a "preview" .NET update KB5011048. What is going on? Which one is correct?JohnD...
  3. Windows Update wants to reinstall an update I did two weeks ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update wants to reinstall an update I did two weeks ago: Windows Update now wants to reinstall KB5027538 a .NET update which I had installed a few weeks ago. A few days ago I had installed a "preview" .NET update KB5011048. What is going on? Which one is correct?JohnD...
  4. Windows Update wants to reinstall an update I did two weeks ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Horrible game performance since Windows Update two weeks ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Horrible game performance since Windows Update two weeks ago: Ever since Windows 10 installed updates when I shut down my PC two weeks ago, games have had very poor performance. I mean they are unplayable. All games run like garbage. Very slow, lots of major lag, and many things do not even load in the games since the Windows Update two...
  6. The 'Your Phone' app stopped working two weeks ago. Can't re-establish the link.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The 'Your Phone' app stopped working two weeks ago. Can't re-establish the link.: I've used the Your Phone app with my Samsung Galaxy S10+ for about a year. It sometimes has connectivity issues, but when it works I love it. About two weeks ago, it stopped in the middle of the day, out of the blue. No changes had been made to the phone or PC - in fact I had...
  7. Windows Hello Fingerprint Stopped working after Windows Critical updates two days ago

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Stopped working after Windows Critical updates two days ago: Hi, Just after upgrading a couple of Windows critical updates, my Fingerprint sign-in suddenly stopped working. The driver shows an error under Device Manager > Biometrics Devices. I already tried to Disable/Enable, Uninstall/Install, Use Driver Updater from Advance...
  8. Update restored to two years ago

Update restored to two years ago: There was an update when I turned on my laptop. It now has the homescreen from two years ago! My work is gone! Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-restored-to-two-years-ago/499cc3c6-69eb-41c2-8a0e-07e0d1da48bc
  9. DPC watchdog error after Windows update two weeks ago

DPC watchdog error after Windows update two weeks ago: I have a MSI Gaming PC, an Asus and lenovo yoga laptops that started getting Dpc watchdogs errors after a windows update. I even went as far as rebuild ing the laptops from a new windows install and qorksbfine up until the update s kicks in and i go after it restarts it...
  10. Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.: Title. Plugging an external keyboard in and pressing the windows key seems to work, pressing the windows button on my mouse seems to bring up the start menu. Only problem is with the laptop keyboard. I've taken the key off, checked it and everything. No problems there: No...