Windows 10: Windows Store stuck on Acquiring License 0x87E10BCF

Discus and support Windows Store stuck on Acquiring License 0x87E10BCF in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have lately found about the Linux Subsystem for Windows, so i wanted to download it to try it out. After going to the Microsoft Store, i found that... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Ian Botashev, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Windows Store stuck on Acquiring License 0x87E10BCF

I have lately found about the Linux Subsystem for Windows, so i wanted to download it to try it out.

After going to the Microsoft Store, i found that the Windows Store would get stuck on the "Acquiring License" phase, which after it gave me an error 0x87E10BCF

So instead, i went and tried to download the Subsystem manually. The installation worked, yet when i try to launch it, it gives me a file system error -2015294513.

I went online, and found out that most people gave the same solutions on how to fix this problem. And so i went ahead and tried most of them. None of them worked.

Yet, one solution caught my eye in particular.

It involves this command, being run in the powershell:

"Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml”}"

It seems to work for a lot of people, so i tried it.

Yet, after doing so, i found out that it gives errors, which say something like this:

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it
    modifies are currently in use.
    error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed
    Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.19041.421_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] afc5ecc8-6b81-0001-5f46-c6af816bd601 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID afc5ecc8-6b81-0001-5f46-c6af816bd601
    At line:1 char:28
    + ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.I ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

After looking at the error, i saw that a process hinders the command. The process also seems to change everytime i restart my computer.

After some more digging, i found out that my WinStore directory is also missing.

I tried resetting my computer keeping my personal files

I've also tried to see if there are any corrupt or missing files, which always would return none.

I believe that this is being caused by the age of my system although, the reset should've fixed that.

Is there any solution? or should i just completely reinstall windows?

Any suggestions would help.

Thank you.

:)

Ian Botashev, Aug 5, 2020

2. Stuck at "Acquiring License"

Hi. I am trying download some apps in Windows Store. But it got stuck at " Acquiring License" Because of this, I cannot update the pending apps. Is there a solution for this?

HJ Orines Osias, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Uxot Win User
    Can't download/Install anything from Store "Code: 0x87E10BCF"

Code: 0x87E10BCF

I wanted to try Forza Horizon 4 Demo and all my waiting for updates apps tries to acquire license, then this error happen:Code: 0x87E10BCF

Google search gave some "fix" to try which changed nothing..

Help?

Uxot, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Windows Store stuck on Acquiring License 0x87E10BCF

5800 issue with acquiring license.

My subscription lapsed about a month ago. My wife transferred the songs onto the phone yesterday. Since the hard reset none of them wants to play. I can still listed to them on the computer. And I have transferred music to the phone about two weeks or so
    ago and one it acquired the license it was fine. At the moment I am just stuck. It does not want to acquire the license no matter what I do. I've tried signing into the store first and then opening the player but nothing. It just says "License could not be
    acquired"

roe1and---01, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store stuck on Acquiring License 0x87E10BCF

1. Windows Store stuck on Acquiring License 0x87E10BCF - Similar Threads - Store stuck Acquiring

2. microsoft store Acquiring license issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft store Acquiring license issue: How to get microsoft store Acquiring license ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-acquiring-license-issue/ad1408ba-bf56-4e0b-9ccd-1ea24582f677
  3. help my Minecraft Windows is stuck in acquiring license on the store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help my Minecraft Windows is stuck in acquiring license on the store: ............. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-minecraft-windows-is-stuck-in-acquiring/c7971e66-0cf7-4af1-8274-baa401bdf8d1
  4. help my Minecraft Windows is stuck in acquiring license on the store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help my Minecraft Windows is stuck in acquiring license on the store: ............. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-minecraft-windows-is-stuck-in-acquiring/c7971e66-0cf7-4af1-8274-baa401bdf8d1
  5. help my Minecraft Windows is stuck in acquiring license on the store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. Microsoft store stuck on acquiring license

Microsoft store stuck on acquiring license: It`s being 5 days and Microsoft store is stuck on acquiring license and not downloading anything, and today most essential apps are disabled. Like photos, Film and TV and others. Before asking the question, I googled for solution and found some answers which never worked for...
  7. Microsoft store stuck on acquiring license

Microsoft store stuck on acquiring license: Ive had this problem before and the only way i fixed it by was doing a factore restore and after that it let me download apps for a day and then after that it stop working i tried everything and still nothing is there any alternatives from the microsoft store? Can i download...
  8. Microsoft store stuck at acquiring license

Microsoft store stuck at acquiring license: Hey there, few days ago i just tried to install some apps from microsoft store, but it just stuck at acquiring license, i tried tomorrow, still the same, i tried wsreset, still same. I have no idea what to do next, any help will be appreciated! Thanks~...
  9. Microsoft store stuck at acquiring license

Microsoft store stuck at acquiring license: I got a new pc recently with windows 10 and discovered the Microsoft store, seemed pretty cool. It worked fine for a while but then it didn't. Whenever I try to update an app it gets stuck at acquiring license and doesn't move on from that step, when I try to download an app...
  10. Installation Stuck at Acquiring License?

Installation Stuck at Acquiring License?: Hi, I recently bought Minecraft for Windows 10 and put in the redeem code, however when I try to install it seems to just be stuck at acquiring license. I heard this is a bug, please fix it. I am from the Philippines. I tried WSReset, but it doesn't do anything. I then...
Tags: