Windows 10: Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close

Discus and support Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Will anyone please help a stranger in need? I have encountered a problem, a rather frequent problem in fact, it is simple but it is also a problem I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aireyanna Havaska, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close

Will anyone please help a stranger in need? I have encountered a problem, a rather frequent problem in fact, it is simple but it is also a problem I failed to solve myself. The thing is as described in the subject title, Windows Store downloaded Universal Windows Platform applications flash open and immediately close, but other things of my operating system are perfectly fine, conventional .exe softwares work without any problem, Settings app and Windows store itself and all other apps installed in C:\Windows\SystemApps and preinstalled apps like calculator, weather, photos etc. also run without problem, but any app I downloaded myself from Windows Store installed in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps will not work at all, they just quit after running in a flash.

I am using Windows 10 Pro N x64, system specifications are in the picture below:

Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close a58ecda8-aae4-435c-a9c7-f397819b19e1?upload=true.png

At first I thought it must be because my system is corrupted, so I ran "sfc /scannow" in admin cmd and it only told me "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations.", I was not convinced and then I ran "dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth" only to be told "No component store corruption detected, the operation completed successfully", problem still not solved.

Then I searched online to find a solution, I find many powershell cmdlets, below are the cmdlets I have already run I have set-executionpolicy unrestricted:

wsreset

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml”}

Get-appxpackage -packageType bundle % {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode $_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”}

$bundlefamilies = get-appxpackage -packagetype Bundle.packagefamilyname

get-appxpackage -packagetype main ? {-not $bundlefamilies -contains $_.packagefamilyname} % {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode $_.installlocation + “\appxmanifest.xml”}

Get-AppxPackage -allusers foreach {$scr = "c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\$$_.Name_$$_.Version_$$_.Architecture__$$_.PublisherId.xml"; if Test-Path $scr { cp $scr "c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\$$_.Name_$$_.Version_neutral_split.language-ja_$$_.PublisherId.xml"; cp $scr "c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\$$_.Name_$$_.Version_neutral_ja-jp_$$_.PublisherId.xml"; cp $scr "c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\$$_.Name_$$_.Version_neutral_zh-cn_$$_.PublisherId.xml"; cp $scr "c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\$$_.Name_$$_.Version_neutral_resources.language-zh-hans_$$_.PublisherId.xml"; cp $scr "c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\$$_.Name_$$_.Version_neutral_resources.scale-125_$$_.PublisherId.xml"; cp $scr "c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\$$_.Name_$$_.Version_neutral_resources.scale-140_$$_.PublisherId.xml"; cp $scr "c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\$$_.Name_$$_.Version_neutral_resources.scale-150_$$_.PublisherId.xml"; cp $scr "c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\$$_.Name_$$_.Version_neutral_resources.language-ja_$$_.PublisherId.xml"; cp $scr "c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\$$_.Name_$$_.Version_neutral_split.language-zh-hans_$$_.PublisherId.xml"; cp $scr "c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\$$_.Name_$$_.Version_neutral_split.scale-100_$$_.PublisherId.xml"; cp $scr "c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\$$_.Name_$$_.Version_neutral_split.scale-125_$$_.PublisherId.xml"; cp $scr "c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\$$_.Name_$$_.Version_neutral_split.scale-150_$$_.PublisherId.xml"; cp $scr "c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\$$_.Name_$$_.Version_neutral_split.scale-140_$$_.PublisherId.xml"; cp $scr "c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\$$_.Name_$$_.Version_neutral_split.scale-200_$$_.PublisherId.xml"; cp $scr "c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\$$_.Name_$$_.Version_neutral_split.scale-180_$$_.PublisherId.xml"; } }

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

All of them failed to solve my problem too. However back in the days when I still used Windows 8.1 Pro VL with Update x64, they fixed my Settings app failure problem, and I disable Runtime Broker at the time, however I didn't disable it in my current OS.

Then I checked event log:

Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close 2fc6bffa-9096-4fd6-bffd-c7f1ed629e05?upload=true.png

There are many errors like this, all of them with Event ID 5961, I checked permissions but failed to find a problem.

I am very adept in modifying system setting, using cmd, system maintainence, changing hosts, software installation... and system reinstallation, so I think I may had caused the problem myself inadvertently somehow, I ran apps.diagcab and it told me UAC is disabled, however enabling User Account Control failed to solve the problem, and I used someone else's computer to check if this is the issue, appx worked properly while UAC is also disabled. I have disabled Windows Search service but when I set it to manual and ran it, the problem still existed; I have disabled Cortana using registry, because I failed to find "Search" in "Windows Components" in group policy:

reg add HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows /v AllowCortana /t REG_DWORD /d 0

However after enabling Cortana the problem still exists.

I have disabled Windows Defender, Windows Security Service and Security Center because they are using too much CPU and RAM resources and they block my softwares which I can comfirm are not viruses at all, could they be related to the problem?

Below are the services I have disabled:

Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close 270c2484-f25c-4641-bb39-a8ff94bc0ed0?upload=true.png

Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close 88264c0a-f77b-46ac-acfa-e74ab1ec4da6?upload=true.png

and features configurations:

Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close 190937bc-9e02-461d-a854-a856cbe2dfba?upload=true.png Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close b2f7e8dc-64d1-4cb2-8d54-bed5bc788277?upload=true.png
    Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close 9e6c8ba7-2ec8-4845-8d6d-850af9a6e254?upload=true.png

And I have installed many softwares and runtimes, including all latest Visual C++ Redistributables, both x86 and x64, and latest DirectX, but I have found Microsoft.VCLibs... , Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime... and Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework... in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps, so are they in conflict with what I have installed?

Please could anyone provide a solid solution other than system restore and/or system reinstallation? I have installed hundreds of third-party softwares, and I really don't want to reinstall them all. Help will be much appreciated.

:)

Aireyanna Havaska, Apr 13, 2020

2. Microsoft Store, Applications Will Open Then Close

Hi all,

I've searched everywhere online and tried various ways to solve this issue, but none of the suggested methods work.

Not only does my Microsoft Store open and immediately close, other applications such as the calculator, calendar, etc. does the same thing.

Tried WSReset, deleting caches, using powershell, sfc scan.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for this issue?

Katherineeowen, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.

Hello,

Please Support as Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening and another issue is my photo app not working.

Windows is up to date. Windws version is 1803

Done below steps but still having same issue.

1. Run - wsreset.exe
    2. Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
    3. get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

Kumar Prabhat, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close

Applications closes immediately while trying to open in Windows 10

Hello,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing application in Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to open an application in Windows 10?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Is this issue confined to any specific application on your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you using Microsoft account to access your device?

If you are facing this issues with Windows Store apps, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Method 3: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open run command, type
      inetcpl.cpl
    • Under Internet Options, go to
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close

1. Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close - Similar Threads - Store UWP applications

2. Microsoft store closing immediately on open!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store closing immediately on open!: At this stage, I am super annoyed with this.Whenever I launch the store It closes without even opening for a millisecond!It is completely stopping me from playing the things I want to. Minecraft requires Microsoft store in order to open that, but when I launch it I can't even...
  3. Microsoft store closing immediately on open!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store closing immediately on open!: At this stage, I am super annoyed with this.Whenever I launch the store It closes without even opening for a millisecond!It is completely stopping me from playing the things I want to. Minecraft requires Microsoft store in order to open that, but when I launch it I can't even...
  4. Microsoft store closing immediately on open!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Store closes immediately after opening

Store closes immediately after opening: I have tried many ways but windows store not opening ..it just loads and closes itself.I tried ;reseting the appclear cachesync timetroubleshootingand restarting but not a single work for me.plz help me to solve this problem...
  6. Store closes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store closes immediately after opening: I have tried many ways but windows store not opening ..it just loads and closes itself.I tried ;reseting the appclear cachesync timetroubleshootingand restarting but not a single work for me.plz help me to solve this problem...
  7. Store closes immediately after opening

8. Microsoft Store opens and immediately closes

Microsoft Store opens and immediately closes: I've followed and tried many of the more popular suggestions on this issue but to no avail. However, I have been able to narrow down that the problem fixes if I create a new user on the PC but, as soon as I sign in with a specific email my most important one Microsoft account...
  9. Microsoft Store Opens and closes immediately.

Microsoft Store Opens and closes immediately.: Hello, I bought the Xbox Game Pass for PC and for some reason it wasn't activated in my Store, it was telling me to buy again, So I checked online for a fix and it told me to "delete localcache", and I went ahead and did that but now my Store opens and closes immediately!...
  10. Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.: Hello, Please Support as Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening and another issue is my photo app not working. Windows is up to date. Windws version is 1803 Done below steps but still having same issue. 1. Run - wsreset.exe 2. Windows Store...