Windows 10: Windows store wont open, and a load of apps are greyed out

Discus and support Windows store wont open, and a load of apps are greyed out in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I REALLY need help here. For some reason a load of my apps are greyed out, and windows defender and Windows store wont open. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChaosintheSnow, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Windows store wont open, and a load of apps are greyed out

Hey guys, I REALLY need help here. For some reason a load of my apps are greyed out, and windows defender and Windows store wont open. I've tried Powershell and that WSReset.exe thing, but neither seemed to have any effect. I'm at my wits end here and I really need to get this sorted. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

I have MalwareBytes Premium because my Windows Defender doesn't open or turn on if that's relevant. Please help if you know anything that might work

submitted by /u/ChaosintheSnow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChaosintheSnow, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 App store wont load!

Hi,

I suggest that you reset the Windows Store cache as per the below mentioned steps and check:

• Press Windows key
      and R key together to open the Run Window.

• Type wsreset.exe
      and press Enter key for the command to execute.
    If the issue persist, I would suggest you to re-register Windows Store App and check. Please follow the steps:

a. Press Windows key + X.

b. Click command prompt (Run as administrator). type the following command:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows store wont open, and a load of apps are greyed out :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 2, 2019
  4. tarn_55 Win User

Windows store wont open, and a load of apps are greyed out

photo app in windows 10 wont load

my photo app wont open, and I cant uninstall it for it does not come up in the apps list in the settings. But it is in the all apps list.

When I have tried to reinstall it from playstore it says already installed. But wont open, and the new Twinui default photo view app wont open any jpeg files it say "class not registered".

I have followed other suggestions of troubleshooting, and system scan with no results.

Any suggestions?

regards

Tarn

tarn_55, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows store wont open, and a load of apps are greyed out

1. Windows store wont open, and a load of apps are greyed out - Similar Threads - store wont open

2. Microsoft store wont load but will open?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store wont load but will open?: Help! Microst store wont load fully but will open? Have tried shell commands and WSReset if thats what it is i cant remember. Any help as i want to download apps...
  3. Microsoft store wont load but will open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store wont load but will open?: Help! Microst store wont load fully but will open? Have tried shell commands and WSReset if thats what it is i cant remember. Any help as i want to download apps...
  4. Microsoft store wont load but will open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store won't open. It's greyed out.

Microsoft Store won't open. It's greyed out.: Microsoft Store and other apps like photos, calendar, mail, calculator, xbox, xbox game bar, etc won't open on my PC. I have a Windows 10 which is up-to-date. Any apps related to Microsoft Store are not working, like Adobe Photoshop express, WhatsApp, Asphalt 9, which were...
  6. Microsoft Store won't open. It's greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't open. It's greyed out.: Microsoft Store and other apps like photos, calendar, mail, calculator, xbox, xbox game bar, etc won't open on my PC. I have a Windows 10 which is up-to-date. Any apps related to Microsoft Store are not working, like Adobe Photoshop express, WhatsApp, Asphalt 9, which were...
  7. Microsoft Store won't open. It's greyed out.

8. Apps in Windows 10 Search Result wont open Greyed out

in Cortana
    Apps in Windows 10 Search Result wont open Greyed out: I recently uninstalled and reinstalled some apps on my laptop. After that if i search those apps in windows search, the apps shows up, but it wont open. Everytime i unistall and reinstall an app this happens. Screenshot included The app logo is blacked out like this. It...
  9. App store wont load

App store wont load: Hello, I have issues with a few of the apps and the app store itself will not open or load. They start to and pop on screen but then vanish and nothing happens. It happens with inbuilt webcam/camera, feedback hub, I dont understand. I have tried all the rersets and checking...
  10. Windows Apps store wont open...

Windows Apps store wont open...: hello, so i was looking for a google drive app on the app store and found some... tried to install it... i logged in my account and poof! the app store just closed and when i tried to open it again, it wont open anymore, just keeps crashing... i've tried deleting the...