Windows 10: Windows store won't start

Discus and support Windows store won't start in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; When I try to open the Windows 10 Store the window opens then immediately closes with an error. The dialog box says: red x... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Barbwyre, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Barbwyre Win User

Windows store won't start

When I try to open the Windows 10 Store the window opens then immediately closes with an error. The dialog box says:

red x ms-windows-store:Assoc?protocol=MS-XBET-SURVEY The app didn't start. okay box

What is this? And how do I resolve this to open the Windows Store?

***Note- I am unable to open Photos app in Windows 10 and I cannot open any .jpg or image files. I'm not sure if this is attributable to the above error or not. Also, I do not own or have never used an XBOX console. Although I have played a PC Game that required me to create an XBox user account assuming XBET has something to do with XBox?.

Specifications:

Intel Core i3-3220 CPU@3.30Ghz
    4.00 GB RAM

64-Bit Operating system, x64-based processor

Edition: Windows 10 Home v. 2004
    OS Build: 19041.329
    Windows Feature Experience Pack: 120.2202.130.0

Windows store won't start f7daa467-5617-4ca3-bc84-dd39b0c08133?upload=true.png

:)

Barbwyre, Jul 3, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Issues with some windows store Apps.

Thank you for getting back to us. We suggest that you reset your Windows Store. Resetting the Windows store will clear the cache and cookies of the said application. Please follow these steps:

• Left click on the Start menu and look for "Run".
    • Type "wsreset.exe".

We'll wait for your update.

Marvin Barc, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Windows store won't start

Store won't open?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to open Windows Store. We will help you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise when some of the Windows components gets corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar.
    • Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.
    • Select Windows store Apps.
    • Follow the on screen instruction.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset the Windows Store and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe. Press Enter.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to
    help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows store won't start

1. Windows store won't start - Similar Threads - store won't start

2. Microsoft Store won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't start: Microsoft Store does not start, I get an error message: ms-windows-store: PurgeCaches File System Error -2147219196. Tried the solutions for this and still no luck. I even reinstalled ALL the apps, but the Microsoft store still won't start....
  3. Microsoft Store won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store won't start: Microsoft Store does not start, I get an error message: ms-windows-store: PurgeCaches File System Error -2147219196. Tried the solutions for this and still no luck. I even reinstalled ALL the apps, but the Microsoft store still won't start....
  4. Microsoft Store won't start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Microsoft Store won't start

Microsoft Store won't start: Hi,I recently restarted the Microsoft store because the apps were not installing and after hitting restart, the Microsoft store would not start. No error messages or pop-ups, just nothing. I press it and nothing happens. I really need to fix this because I would really like...
  6. Microsoft Store won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't start: Hi,I recently restarted the Microsoft store because the apps were not installing and after hitting restart, the Microsoft store would not start. No error messages or pop-ups, just nothing. I press it and nothing happens. I really need to fix this because I would really like...
  7. Microsoft Store won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft Store won't start

Microsoft Store won't start: I had recently downloaded the Xbox app from its official site, but I couldn't open it for some time, I can't log into the Xbox app either. They only show a pop-up window momentarily before shutting down. Right now; Tried every solution I could find online, checked services,...
  9. Windows Store won't start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Store won't start: Some time ago, I had multiple BSoD in the span of a few weeks. It culminated with my PC's wireless functions not working at all, but it was fixed by updating from 1807 to 1903. The update went fine (i decided to keep personal files and apps), but i noticed that the Photo app...
  10. Microsoft Store Games won't start

Microsoft Store Games won't start: I went to start world of tanks (downloaded off the store) and got this error : WoT Blitz is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001 I've tried a few different things I found on google (running Get-AppXPackage...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Assoc?protocol=ms-xbet-survey