Windows 10: Windows Store won't work with the Firewall Enabled

Discus and support Windows Store won't work with the Firewall Enabled in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So i have a problem with the Windows 10 Store. I have for multiple weeks tried downloading "apps" through it, to no avail. One day i found a thread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yanniclord, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Windows Store won't work with the Firewall Enabled

So i have a problem with the Windows 10 Store. I have for multiple weeks tried downloading "apps" through it, to no avail. One day i found a thread which said i should disable the Windows Firewall, and low and behold, it worked downloading apps! Now my problem is, to run apps like Halo 5 Forge or other games, my Firewall has to be disabled, else the apps close themselves (or i cannot download stuff from the Windows App Store). My issue in this is, that i do not wan't my Firewall to be disabled all the time, so i would like to know if anyone figured out a solution to this, and WHY i have to disable my Firewall (and again, the possible solution).

Thanks in advance.

:)

yanniclord, Sep 26, 2016

2. Windows 10 apps (Photos, Calculator etc) wont launch

Check if you have the windows firewall disabled, set it to automatic and start it and check the store, calculator etc is working. We disable the windows firewall as a practice as it usually causes issues, but on Win 10 if disabled, it causes weird issues.
    Had laptops where the start button would stop working, enabled the windows firewall and it started working immediately.

Coolnickster, Sep 26, 2016
  3. Windows store not working

hi,

I definitely agree something with windows firewall and store is foobar. If I go to services and (TEMPORARILY) disable the "windows firewall" service then the windows store works. If it is enabled then it doesn't.

The weird thing is if the "windows firewall" service is enabled but you then turn off windows firewall in the control panel, the store still doesn't work. Exactly same error as user above. If you try to add an application to the firewall, the store isn't
    listed as an available app. If you look at the list of default firewall rules, the store isn't in there.

I tried adding a rule exactly as the path above to windows firewall but its not working. With the permissions set on the "WindowsApps" folder I can't double-check if its correct. Do you have any more detailed advice I can follow to resolve this.... the idea
    of disabling windows firewall each time I want to use a store app is insane.

Cheers,

Phil.

Phil_Payne_GB, Sep 26, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Windows Store won't work with the Firewall Enabled

Did you try to allow certain apps pass thru firewall?

Windows Store won't work with the Firewall Enabled [​IMG]

CountMike, Sep 26, 2016
  5. Yes, i fully allowed the Windows Store itself through the Firewall, nothing.

yanniclord, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Store won't work with the Firewall Enabled

1. Windows Store won't work with the Firewall Enabled - Similar Threads - Store won't Firewall

2. Microsoft Store won't open and Windows Defender Firewall will not turn on.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store won't open and Windows Defender Firewall will not turn on.: The Microsoft Store will not open, which I need to download the Xbox App. Also, Windows Defender Firewall is turned off and gives me the error 0x8007042c when trying to change the properties. I have read through different pages for hours trying to find a solution and still...
  3. Microsoft Store won't open and Windows Defender Firewall will not turn on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't open and Windows Defender Firewall will not turn on.: The Microsoft Store will not open, which I need to download the Xbox App. Also, Windows Defender Firewall is turned off and gives me the error 0x8007042c when trying to change the properties. I have read through different pages for hours trying to find a solution and still...
  4. Microsoft Store won't open and Windows Defender Firewall will not turn on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Firewall not enabling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall not enabling: Yesterday suddenly I got a pop-up saying that my firewall was disabled so I went to check it out, going there led me to the control panel where it said that settings are not what microsoft recommends, so I clicked on the button to change but I got the error saying that it...
  6. Firewall not enabling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall not enabling: Yesterday suddenly I got a pop-up saying that my firewall was disabled so I went to check it out, going there led me to the control panel where it said that settings are not what microsoft recommends, so I clicked on the button to change but I got the error saying that it...
  7. Firewall not enabling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Firewall haven't enabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall haven't enabled: I have attached a Screenshot of my problem below.... I can't enable the Windows Firewall and when ever i try to open the Microsoft Store, its crashing or get closed automatically. If you guys could suggest a solution it will be very useful for me.... Hope i will get a good...
  9. Firewall won't turn on?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall won't turn on?: I am trying to turn on my firewall, but I keep getting this message. When I click use recommended settings, the error dialog box pops up. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-wont-turn-on/fd28b351-60af-4345-b841-4b185baf7f11
  10. Windows Store Won't Work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Won't Work: When I download any apps from the windows store I either can't open them at all or they open to the app store where I have to open the apps. I ran a troubleshoot for the app store and it just said "Hanging or crashing apps" but wouldn't fix the problem. My computer is up to...