Windows 10: Windows Store + wsreset.exe issues

Discus and support Windows Store + wsreset.exe issues in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hey all, I just ran into a problem yesterday where no app downloaded via Microsoft Store and the app itself would open. I did a soft reset,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by greenmovie13GD, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Windows Store + wsreset.exe issues

Hey all, I just ran into a problem yesterday where no app downloaded via Microsoft Store and the app itself would open. I did a soft reset, uninstalling all applications in an attempt to fix it. Unfortunately this didn't work, and I was left confused. Before and after the reset, I've done the following to double-check:

• Checked my date and timethey were in the correct position for Windows Store to work
    • Ran wsreset.exeprogram failed to execute
    • Ran command in both powershell and command prompt to reinstall the store and restarted PC along with itDid not work, the store opens and then immediately closes
    • Used troubleshooting to search for problems with the windows storeIt found none
    • Both reset and terminated the app with settingsStill won't open

All of these methods did not work, and I've searched the internet for help and I haven't found any to fix the issue I'm encountering. Any help would be extremely appreciated, as my father is also an IT administrator and even he was not able to find the solution for this issue.

:)

greenmovie13GD, Jan 25, 2021
  2. riceBox Win User

WSReset purge cache issue

Yep, it did yield the same issue, with WSReset unable to purge the Store cache.

Windows Store + wsreset.exe issues [​IMG]

Also, I already tried re-registering Store via powershell. Still no cigar.

riceBox, Jan 25, 2021
  3. windows store crases

Hi Arvind,

To troubleshoot Windows Store apps, we suggest that it's best to reset the Windows Store components. This will help us to clear the Windows Store cache. To reset the Windows Store components, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R to open
      Run
    • Type wsreset.exe.
    • Click OK.
    • It may take a while to complete the process.
    • Once it's done, reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

Windows Store + wsreset.exe issues

Unable to login to Store App in my Windows 10 PC

Hi Souvik,

We would like to know more about this issue that you're encountering with Windows Store app. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?

There are lots of reasons why you're encountering this issue with Windows Store app. We suggest that you reset it through these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R and the Run
      dialog box will appear.
    • Type Wsreset.exe and press Enter.
    Let us know if the above resolution works and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows Store + wsreset.exe issues

1. Windows Store + wsreset.exe issues - Similar Threads - Store wsreset exe

2. Microsft Store not opening/ wsreset not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsft Store not opening/ wsreset not working: Hello,I`ve been trying to reinstall/reset the Microsoft Store, but nothing seems to work.It started when i couldn't download any Programs, so i decided to reset the App. Ever since ive tried everything to reset it again but all i get is this error message when trying to reset...
  3. Microsft Store not opening/ wsreset not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsft Store not opening/ wsreset not working: Hello,I`ve been trying to reinstall/reset the Microsoft Store, but nothing seems to work.It started when i couldn't download any Programs, so i decided to reset the App. Ever since ive tried everything to reset it again but all i get is this error message when trying to reset...
  4. Microsft Store not opening/ wsreset not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. wsreset and powershell is not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    wsreset and powershell is not working: Microsoft store is not opening error 0x80131500 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsreset-and-powershell-is-not-working/2ba1754d-e7e9-4392-9cd9-7e8c39e38250
  6. wsreset and powershell is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsreset and powershell is not working: Microsoft store is not opening error 0x80131500 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsreset-and-powershell-is-not-working/2ba1754d-e7e9-4392-9cd9-7e8c39e38250
  7. wsreset and powershell is not working

8. WSReset Shortcut

WSReset Shortcut: I've just "discovered something that might interest people, that often have problems with the Universal Apps. I was browsing through the system32 folder looking for icons to theme, and stumbled upon the WSReset.exe. Normally you run this either by typing it in the Run Dialog...
  9. Windows Store error code 0x80072efd; wsreset doesn't fix

Windows Store error code 0x80072efd; wsreset doesn't fix: Windows Store does not/has never worked since upgrading to Windows 10. When opened it says "The server stumbled. We all have bad days. Refresh the page." Error code 0x80072efd at bottom of page. Refreshing page merely repeats the same message. Scoured the web for fixes,...
  10. WSReset purge cache issue

WSReset purge cache issue: Here's my setup. I have three accounts, a local admin, an MS account, and a local standard user. I can't run Windows Store properly on my MS account, while it runs fine on the local standard user. A window just briefly flashes before closing. I deleted the MS account, then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wsreset.exe store