Windows 10: Windows Store / Xbox App Not Letting Me Install Games Code: 0x80073D26

Discus and support Windows Store / Xbox App Not Letting Me Install Games Code: 0x80073D26 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have been trying to fix this for hours and have read through many other threads and nothing has worked so far. On both the Xbox App and the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JamesCaprile, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Windows Store / Xbox App Not Letting Me Install Games Code: 0x80073D26

I have been trying to fix this for hours and have read through many other threads and nothing has worked so far. On both the Xbox App and the Microsoft Store, games that I want to install won't install. When I go to install them, the download starts, then errors itself after a few hundred kb and refuses to go forward more. I've tried reinstalling things, restarting, and more, but now I am not sure what to do, but figured I'd make my own post about it since I haven't been able to find much else on the issue. The error code that the Xbox App gives me is 0x80073d26. I just want to be able to use the gamepass I just purchased, any help would be appreciated, thanks!

:)

JamesCaprile, Jul 27, 2020

2. Error Code: 0x80073D26. Can't install Gaming Services from Microsoft Store, nor can I reinstall xbox app.

So I've seen similar posts, but from some time ago, and none of the proposed solutions worked for me. My Xbox app stopped downloading games properly after I uninstalled Final Fantasy 15. After exhausting the recommended solutions related to 0x80073D26 on
    the web, I'm worse off than I started. I don't have Gaming Services or the Xbox app on my computer at this point. The Microsoft Store attempted to install Gaming services, but comes up with the previously mentioned error code. Now, it won't even bring up my
    list of updates, and when I try to install the xbox app (either through the store or from an installer) it just straight up freezes. I've canceled my subscription because I'm basically paying for nothing now. I'd love to restart it, the game selection is excellent.

I've tried:

Resetting both the store and the xbox app, as well as manually uninstalling the xbox app and trying to use the installer.

Clearing the Store Cache using the wsreset command.

Clean Boot, with no antivirus or firewall.

I've also tried a command line in powershell (admin). "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers"

followed by: "start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN" at which point I hit 'install' and the store froze. Once I minimized it to look at something else I couldn't open it again.

None of these things has made a dent. In fact, like I said, I'm in worse shape now.

ZachChaffee, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Store not letting me reinstall games and apps

Hi Aiden,

A game license is associated to the Microsoft account used to redeem the game code. In order to install the game to a different device, you'll need to sign in to the account that owns the game license.

We suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link
    on how to view your Xbox purchase history online. Check if you can see the transaction for the game.

If you can see the transaction and the same issue occurs when you install the game, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . This can help resolve issues with downloading and installing games from the Windows Store.

You may also contact our Xbox support team via chat or request a call at your preferred date and time. They can help verify if what account you've used in redeeming the game code. Refer to this

link
    for their contact details.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to get back to us anytime.

Catherine Cus., Jul 27, 2020
  4. Windows Store / Xbox App Not Letting Me Install Games Code: 0x80073D26

Gaming services

Hello TheDankestYo,

My name is Alex. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today. Please check and try the step in this forum to see if it will help you get your issue resolve.

Error Code: 0x80073D26 Can't install Gaming Services from Microsoft Store, nor can I reinstall xbox app.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Alex Cruz

Independent Advisor

alexiscruz1985, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows Store / Xbox App Not Letting Me Install Games Code: 0x80073D26

1. Windows Store / Xbox App Not Letting Me Install Games Code: 0x80073D26 - Similar Threads - Store Xbox App

2. Xbox App/Microsoft Store won't let me install a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App/Microsoft Store won't let me install a game: So I've been trying to install Hell Let Loose from Game Pass. The download works fine but when it comes to installing it shows up an error code 0x80073d0d on Xbox App with the description "the deployment operation failed because the volume is offline" on Microsoft Store.I'm...
  3. Xbox App/Microsoft Store won't let me install a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App/Microsoft Store won't let me install a game: So I've been trying to install Hell Let Loose from Game Pass. The download works fine but when it comes to installing it shows up an error code 0x80073d0d on Xbox App with the description "the deployment operation failed because the volume is offline" on Microsoft Store.I'm...
  4. Won’t let me install Xbox app on Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won’t let me install Xbox app on Microsoft store: its stuck on 1% and 0 kbps downloading and uploading and I’ve been waiting an hour but when I install something else the network speed and download is faster for that app...
  5. Won’t let me install Xbox app on Microsoft store

Won’t let me install Xbox app on Microsoft store: its stuck on 1% and 0 kbps downloading and uploading and I’ve been waiting an hour but when I install something else the network speed and download is faster for that app...
  6. Windows store not letting me install games or apps

Windows store not letting me install games or apps: i recently swaped out my hard drive and started fresh and when i went to download game such as forza titles and sea of thieves it would not let me install them to my computer ive tried reseting microsoft store and the register device page on my microsoft account page dosent...
  7. error Code: 0x80073D26

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    error Code: 0x80073D26: I uninstalled and reinstalled gaming services because I got the 0x000001 error code so I reset gaming services and windows store but now I can't download gaming services again. Please help.a...
  8. Error Code: 0x80073D26 Cant install Gaming Services in Microsoft Store, thus cannot install...

Error Code: 0x80073D26 Cant install Gaming Services in Microsoft Store, thus cannot install...: So first when I tried to install wasteland 3 on the microsoft store, I got the infamous "Try again later, something happened on our end." After going through some trouble shooting steps, I ended up running some commands that made me have to install Gaming Services. But...
  9. Getting error code 0x80073D26 when trying to install Gaming Services

Getting error code 0x80073D26 when trying to install Gaming Services: When trying to install Gaming Services Xbox from the Windows Store I get the error 0x80073D26 when installing after download is complete The app does not exist in add/remove programs. The Xbox app has a banner stating that Gaming Services needs to be installed. Games from...
  10. Error Code: 0x80073D26. Can't install Gaming Services from Microsoft Store, nor can I...

Error Code: 0x80073D26. Can't install Gaming Services from Microsoft Store, nor can I...: So I've seen similar posts, but from some time ago, and none of the proposed solutions worked for me. My Xbox app stopped downloading games properly after I uninstalled Final Fantasy 15. After exhausting the recommended solutions related to 0x80073D26 on the web, I'm worse...
Tags: