Windows 10: Windows stuck at black screen with cursor only

Discus and support Windows stuck at black screen with cursor only in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need help.... my laptop (asus x550j) suddenly froze and i force shut it, then after it finished booting, there is nothing on the screen except the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IrfanBachri, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Windows stuck at black screen with cursor only

I need help.... my laptop (asus x550j) suddenly froze and i force shut it, then after it finished booting, there is nothing on the screen except the cursor, here are the some info that maybe might help.

1. Can't access ctrl+alt+del menu,

2. Windows RE is the same, black screen with cursor, although windows is repairing menu show up.

Thank you

(I'm really sorry for the bad English)

:)

IrfanBachri, Dec 16, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Dec 16, 2018
  3. BetsyCole Win User
    Black screen with flashing cursor

Two weeks ago I had to delete and reload Windows 10. A few days ago my screen suddenly went black with the blinking cursor in the top left hand corner.

I can only do a hard reboot, and when I do, on my screen I briefly get the Dell logo with
    F2 Set Up / F12 Boot Options in the lower right corner. Then it quickly reverts to a black screen with blinking cursor. Pressing either of the F2 /F12 keys has no effect.

I have attempted to do a hard boot 3 & 4 times in succession but it always comes back to the black screen with blinking cursor.

No sticky key combinations that I have seen mentioned on the Community page work at all. I'm stuck on the black screen with cursor.

Any suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BetsyCole, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Windows stuck at black screen with cursor only

BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR ON NEW ACER PC

Hi Mich,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are unable start Windows 10 as it is stuck with Black screen and cursor. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if the display drivers goes corrupted or the startup files are damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps recommended by Amit Kumar on September 24, 2015
    on similar issue from the following link and check if it resolves the issue.

Black screen with cursor, Windows 10.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows stuck at black screen with cursor only

1. Windows stuck at black screen with cursor only - Similar Threads - stuck black screen

2. stuck at black screen with mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    stuck at black screen with mouse cursor: I was stuck at a black screen similar to when a computer is waking from sleep and could only see my cursor for a long time.Further when I restarted I just got back to this black screen ctrl alt delete, win+ctrl+shift +B did nothing eventually the computer went back to normal...
  3. stuck at black screen with mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stuck at black screen with mouse cursor: I was stuck at a black screen similar to when a computer is waking from sleep and could only see my cursor for a long time.Further when I restarted I just got back to this black screen ctrl alt delete, win+ctrl+shift +B did nothing eventually the computer went back to normal...
  4. stuck at black screen with mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows black screen with cursor only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows black screen with cursor only: Hey community I have a issue. When I log in with my account ot takes too time to log in and shows only black screen with cursor when I restart my laptop again its shows black screen again and when I restart again then I got my desktop... pls help me to fix this issue I never...
  6. Computer only showing black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer only showing black screen with cursor: Last night I was playing a game on my computer when the screen froze. After a waiting a while I just decided to turn the whole computer off. When I turned it back on after the loading screen (white spinning dots) it goes straight to a black screen. I can move the cursor but...
  7. Black screen with only the cursor mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with only the cursor mouse: I had windows 10 on my computer but today I installed Windows 7 and the desktop crashed and didn't even load the icons, so I tried to start in safe mode and it got worse because now only a black screen appears with the mouse pointer after "starting windows" appears, help me...
  8. Black screen and cursor only

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen and cursor only: I have black screen and cursor only Tried opening task manager to run a new task to add in explorer.exe. Task manager then decides to close when i hit run new task. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated 84632
  9. Windows 10 Black Screen only cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Black Screen only cursor: So I have a laptop with a onboard and dedicated graphics and I just installed the nividia graphic card drivers and everything was ok when I restarted my laptop black screen with only cursor showing up I googled about my problem but none helped fixing it I tried going safe...
  10. Windows 10 black screen with cursor only

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor only: I've seen similar problems but I haven't found any solution yet. After I bootup my desktop shows then after a few minutes it turns into a black screen with cursor only. Ctrl+alt+delete is working and I managed to get into file explorer by "open file location" in task...