Windows 10: Windows stuck at blue screen with clock

Discus and support Windows stuck at blue screen with clock in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I switched on this morning and Windows won't go past the blue screen with clock. Keyboard is OK - it works in BIOS I have powered off and on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Camera, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Camera Win User

Windows stuck at blue screen with clock

Hi
    I switched on this morning and Windows won't go past the blue screen with clock.

Keyboard is OK - it works in BIOS
    I have powered off and on several times to try an trigger repair options but I don't get a repair screen.

Any advice welcome

Dave

:)

Camera, Feb 17, 2018

2. CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT

I was opening Fox fire when my screen and it went blue with clock watchdog timeout error. I can not shut down computer or do anything. It has been stuck on error screen for a hour. Help.

BrianDvorak, Feb 17, 2018
  3. DBDFL Win User
    NO more calendar and calculator on Windows 10 Pro after last update

No mail app is not working...Same bleu screen and white icon...nothing else loads...

Calculator opens a blue screen with the little white icon of the calculator but stops there…No calculator to follow…

Same blue screen for Calendar with no calendar opening

Same blue screen for camera

Same blue screen for Alarms and clock (nothing…just a blue screen with the white clock icon)

Same blue screen for Feedback and Hub

DBDFL, Feb 17, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, try downloading and creating Kyhi's boot disk based on Win 10 available from the top of the Software and Apps section here.

Run HD Tune (on that disk) - Health tab, and check your disks are ok. Post the result (screenshot of GUI, not text).

Please post a screenshot of your partitions using Minitool Partition Wizard (on Kyhi's disk), expanding all columns so text is visible, and including all columns.
    To post a screenshot please use the icon above your post to the left of the video icon.

You can then also use file explorer to access your disks and if necessary create backups of essential data, provided you can gain access.

Do you have disk images? (We constantly recommend users use disk imaging e..g Macrium Reflect (free) so they can restore their PC and disks to a previous functional state- even if you need to replace a failed disk).

Failing that, do you have full backups of data?

I don't know what a blue screen with a clock is, sorry. Do you mean you don't get to a login screen? Or are you seeing the lock screen- the one before the login screen?

dalchina, Feb 17, 2018
  5. Camera Win User
    Yes it is the lock screen just before log in. Normally I would press a key and see the sign on box. At the moment nothing happens. I can only power down using the min PC power button.

I will try Kyhi's disk
    Dave

Camera, Feb 17, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    The lock screen is before the login screen and has the clock in the lower left corner. Usually it has a lock screen picture (Spotlight, default picture or whatever) but before the picture loads it is blue. Sounds like it's not getting past the lock screen at boot.

7. Camera Win User
    I had a recovery disk but it just showed as a non bootable disk :-(
    Dave

Camera, Feb 17, 2018
  8. dalchina New Member

And did you have system restore enabled?

dalchina, Feb 17, 2018
  9. Camera Win User
    I must be doing something wrong here. I downloaded KyHi's ISO and used Rufus to create a bootable USB from that ISO. I restarted and selected the USB in the BIOS but I just get a non bootable disk error

Dave

Camera, Feb 17, 2018
  10. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Feb 17, 2018
  11. Camera Win User
    OK I've got kyhi's disk to boot (Fast boot was enabled in BIOS disabling that enabled it to progress)
    I can't see HD tune on that disk.
    However I can access all disks although they are labelled differently to what I usually see (e.g. the OS disk is E: not C*Smile - most of my data is on separate drives to the OS and programme disk, so I am tempted just to clean install. My thinking is :
    Move the small amount of data off the OS drive
    Unplug all drives but the OS drive
    Format the system drive
    Download an ISO of Windows 10 Pro (if I can find one as the PC on which I type this does not have 10 Pro)
    Clean install onto that drive
    Replug the data drives
    Reload apps

Is there anything I would be doing wrong there?

Dave

Camera, Feb 17, 2018
  12. dalchina New Member
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    Post 1

Windows stuck at blue screen with clock [​IMG]

- try the start menu

Disk letters are almost always different viewed offline.

Win 10 iso's are freely downloadable - there's a Tutorial.
    Or simply search for Media Creation Tool. Make sure you run that on a similar PC (base language, both 64 or 32 bits) so you get a compatible iso. If you have one on your PC it may be an older build. An iso can install Home or Pro.

Sure you can clean install if you wish, but before you do so, check your disk. There's no point running with a failing disk.

dalchina, Feb 17, 2018
  13. Camera Win User

Thanks for the pointer I was looking at the desktop tools.
    The health check reports all as OK on every disk.
    The system is on SSD and shows all as OK
    Dave

Camera, Feb 17, 2018
  14. dalchina New Member
    Great- you should be good to go if you're happy doing a clean install, once you've got your iso.
    Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

You still have the option of trying System Restore of course. You could try that- and if no use, you can still clean install.

dalchina, Feb 17, 2018
  15. Camera Win User
    Thanks for all your help. I clean install resolved the issue and , having spent most of today downloading and re-installing applications all is well now.

Thanks again
    Dave

Camera, Feb 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows stuck at blue screen with clock - Similar Threads - stuck blue screen

2. Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout: I recently started encountering the blue screen Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout whenever i play specific games. The games that gave me blue screen after a while i played it were Black Desert Online and SuperMarketSimulator.I also have a minidump here, can anybode help me...
  3. Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout: I recently started encountering the blue screen Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout whenever i play specific games. The games that gave me blue screen after a while i played it were Black Desert Online and SuperMarketSimulator.I also have a minidump here, can anybode help me...
  4. Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck in blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in blue screen: Hi, I have an msi gaming laptop and I just got it back from assistance. I sent it to change the keyboard and some chassis parts and the service also included a repasting and a cleaning of the cooling system. Now, I noticed from the msi app that my GPU was set to hybrid, while...
  6. Stuck in blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in blue screen: Hi, I have an msi gaming laptop and I just got it back from assistance. I sent it to change the keyboard and some chassis parts and the service also included a repasting and a cleaning of the cooling system. Now, I noticed from the msi app that my GPU was set to hybrid, while...
  7. Stuck with Blue screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck with Blue screen: Window 10 new update is crashing badly and leads to BSOD. I am stuck middle of nowhere. Stop codes are changing each and every time. Help !! Quickfix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-with-blue-screen/e696e6fc-4b5f-49f1-990a-e1c3a90a8add
  8. Stuck on blue screen

Stuck on blue screen: I was recently looking to improve game performance so i watched a youtube video. I changed some settings and i made a reset point, but i dont remember which ones i changed. I booted up a game and had major frame drops so went back to the reset point and it restarted my...
  9. Stuck on blue windows screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on blue windows screen: PC wont fully login, keeps getting stuck on a blue screen with the windows logo. Any suggestions on getting past this? Unable to access files from my other home network pc so cant even cut the files over.... Any and all suggestions gratefully received. Kind regards,...
  10. Stuck On Windows Blue Screen

Stuck On Windows Blue Screen: Ok, so. A bit of backstory, Windows had me do an update & restart about a month and a half ago. After that, I reinstalled a video editor back onto my PC. Then my PC wouldn't shut down. I would go to the shutdown option in the popup menu, click shutdown, It would act like it...