Windows 10: windows stuck at first boot up screen

Discus and support windows stuck at first boot up screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi I have an HP desktop that is running Windows 10. I recently have run into an issue where when I start up my computer, it only loads to a picture... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jamieboy13, Sep 7, 2020.

1. windows stuck at first boot up screen

Hi

I have an HP desktop that is running Windows 10. I recently have run into an issue where when I start up my computer, it only loads to a picture of a water dam and at which point the startup goes no further and I have no keyboard or mouse activity that would allow me to get into the login / password screen. Basically my desktop just gets stuck at this point.

I have tried booting into Safe Mode, however when it loads to the login /password screen the curser in the box blinks four times and stops and again I have no keyboard or mouse at this point.

I have also tried the trouble shooting options but it tells me that Windows can not repair anything.

I am trying to avoid a fresh install to avoid lose of my data / programs etc.

Tried most of the usual solutions and tips but I am having no luck so far.

If there is anyone out there who has come across this similar issue and has a fix solution then it would be much appreciated if you could share the fix that you found worked.

Regards Jamieboy13

:)

jamieboy13, Sep 7, 2020

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 7, 2020
  3. JanJan Win User
    Computer stuck at MB screen boot

My computer is refusing to boot. Most of the time it would stuck at the MB screen where you would press a button to enter bios. Other time it would get pass that point and go to the windows logo loading then restart itself.

Note: i can enter bios most of the time. my keyboard would register command at MB screen but wouldnt register when i try to choose between dual boot win 7 or ubuntu. sometimes it would be able to go into the windows recovery (cant recover) and restart the loop

I'm thinking it's a power supply or RAM problem...?

additional info: before this happen my computer wont boot at all. i have to remove the speaker and 1 fan for it to boot. if i leave those on, there would be a 1 second long beep and screen stay dark. thank you for any help

JanJan, Sep 7, 2020
  4. windows stuck at first boot up screen

Stuck on Yellow Boot Screen

Hi Prometeo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that after updating the system it is stuck at boot screen. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Which was the latest update you tried to update your system?
    • What is the make and model of you PC/Laptop?
    • Are you able to get into Desktop screen after waiting for long time?
    • What happens when you force shutdown and restart the machine?
    Please post us back with above information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

windows stuck at first boot up screen

1. windows stuck at first boot up screen - Similar Threads - stuck boot screen

2. Pc is stuck in boot up screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc is stuck in boot up screen: When I went to restart my desktop computer last night it went into auto repair mode which caught me off guard because I’ve had this pc for 2 years and had no issues but now all the sudden it goes into auto repair mode and won’t let me into my computer when I try and figure...
  3. Pc is stuck in boot up screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc is stuck in boot up screen: When I went to restart my desktop computer last night it went into auto repair mode which caught me off guard because I’ve had this pc for 2 years and had no issues but now all the sudden it goes into auto repair mode and won’t let me into my computer when I try and figure...
  4. Pc is stuck in boot up screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck on loading wheel in first boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on loading wheel in first boot: Specs: Mobo - ASUS STRIX B450-F on latest stable BIOS GPU - GTX 1070 Ti CPU - Ryzen 2600 PSU - Corsair RM750X SSD - 240GB Crucial (OS SSD) Trying to install Windows for the first time on this new SSD, it gets to the Getting Ready stage, flashes a few times then reboots,...
  6. Windows 10 - Boot via USB - Stuck on first screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Boot via USB - Stuck on first screen: Hi All, I'm currently trying to reset my PC, which did not work via Windows 10, so I decided to do this via a fresh USB ISO install. Once Booted into the Windows Setup, I'm not able to go further. Can't see the mouse cursor, can't go anywhere with the arrow keys or any...
  7. Windows 10 installation stuck after first boot. After first boot, it shows blue screen and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installation stuck after first boot. After first boot, it shows blue screen and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Shabshabrin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1526g/windows_10_installation_stuck_after_first_boot/
  8. Toshiba stuck on boot up screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba stuck on boot up screen: can someone plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-stuck-on-boot-up-screen/f2cf2e25-5a19-4dc8-9380-1bd91180b47b
  9. Stuck in Boot up screen loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Boot up screen loop: My Acer laptop has not been able to function properly because I downloaded the windows 10 update a few years ago. Need help on how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/stuck-in-boot-up-screen-loop/6e03a28e-78ea-4cd4-83ba-066b1576932d
  10. First boot fails to boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    First boot fails to boot up: I had this issue since day one. I figure I am in the right place and ask for the right answers. Pretty much every first boot after it being powered off for a while, it stays stuck on the splash screen. I would force a power off and restart it and it goes through with no...