Windows 10: Windows stuck at lock screen

Discus and support Windows stuck at lock screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a toshiba dx1210 PC. About two years ago I upgraded the OS from 7 to 10. Everything was running smoothly until a few days ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gazza52, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Gazza52 Win User

Windows stuck at lock screen

Hello everyone,
    I have a toshiba dx1210 PC. About two years ago I upgraded the OS from 7 to 10.
    Everything was running smoothly until a few days ago when I started the PC and couldn't get past the lock screen.
    I then booted from a 10 repair disk but it was unable to automatically do a startup repair. I tried a system restore but it said that there were no restore points. I was unable to boot into safe mode by the usual methods but I eventually did it from a command prompt via the repair disk. I ran sfc /scannow but it showed no corrupt files.
    Also I tried to restore from a system image on an external disk but it couldn't be found when plugged into a USB port.
    I called Microsoft support and their response was that it is a driver issue because the Toshiba dx1210 isn't compatible with 10 despite the fact that it had been running smoothly for the last two years.
    All replies welcome.

:)

Gazza52, Oct 24, 2017

2. Computer stuck on lock screen

How to get past lock screen. Windows 10 stuck on lock screen

KatieDemersQD, Oct 24, 2017
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    Stuck at Lock Screen

Since you weren't able to get to the desktop and your computer is still stuck on the lock screen, we recommend that you follow the steps provided on this
    link
    to run the recovery options in Windows 10.

Get back to us with the results.

Clark Ari, Oct 24, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, Please check your Update History. Have you had an update around the time this started to happen?

If it's a driver update, you could roll back the relevant driver and block that particular update.

- I'd be interested to know how you did that!

Also try a disk check. As you can get to Safe Mode, you should be able to run the portable version of Crystal Diskinfo

dalchina, Oct 24, 2017
  5. Gazza52 Win User
    Hi dalchina
    For some strange reason I can't access update and security via settings in safe mode. I did a disk check and it was ok.
    I got to safe mode by typing the following at the command prompt :
    Bededit /set {default} safeboot minimal

Gazza52, Oct 24, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Oct 24, 2017
  7. Gazza52 Win User
    Thanks again.
    The latest update was a security update for Adobe flash player on 19 October.
    There have been no drivers installed in the past three months.

Gazza52, Oct 24, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Can you advise your Windows build?
    Windows key + R, winver

You could try configuring a clean boot when in Safe Mode; if you also needed to disable more startups you could do so with Autoruns (free)

dalchina, Oct 24, 2017
  9. Gazza52 Win User
    V1607 (os build 14393.1770)

Gazza52, Oct 24, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    Ok, is there any reason why that hasn't updated to the Creator's build that you know of?

Try creating a new user, and see if you can log in normally as that user.

That build is recent:
    October 10, 2017 - KB4041691 (OS Build 14393.1770)

You will have received that more recently than that date. If so, was that when your problems started? (Review the list of updates).

dalchina, Oct 24, 2017
  11. Gazza52 Win User
    I configured a clean boot and restarted but it booted into safe mode. I don't know about the creator's build, I have Microsoft updates set on automatic.
    Kb4041691 installed on 13 October but the lock screen issue only started s few days ago. I'll create a new user and see what happens.

Gazza52, Oct 24, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    It's possible you haven't been offered it for compatibility reasons...
    You've probably still got Safe Mode configured from your use of bcdedit.

Did you install any other program or update anything yourself around then?
    Presumably you simply can't dismiss the lock screen to get to the login screen.

An outside possibility might be to try to disable it, but I'm not so keen on that.
    Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 - Winaero

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows stuck at lock screen - Similar Threads - stuck lock screen

2. Stuck on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on the lock screen: My pc was running fine the I took a break after 3 days but when I came back I was stuck on the lock screen with my keyboard and mouse not responding but is working I tested it out on Bios. And no it didnt crash because i can still see the clock moving. I have tried everything...
  3. Stuck on the lock screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on the lock screen: My pc was running fine the I took a break after 3 days but when I came back I was stuck on the lock screen with my keyboard and mouse not responding but is working I tested it out on Bios. And no it didnt crash because i can still see the clock moving. I have tried everything...
  4. Stuck on windows lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on windows lock screen: hi so i just did a full clean reset and when it finished i went to set my pc up, but a lot of things wont working like admin and windows settings so i decided to restart but that caused me to be stuck on windows lock screen foreverhttps://streamable.com/xu36hvvideo on whats...
  5. Stuck on windows lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on windows lock screen: hi so i just did a full clean reset and when it finished i went to set my pc up, but a lot of things wont working like admin and windows settings so i decided to restart but that caused me to be stuck on windows lock screen foreverhttps://streamable.com/xu36hvvideo on whats...
  6. Stuck on windows lock screen

7. Windows lock screen stucks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows lock screen stucks: After i lock my pc using windows + L.I can't sign into my account beacuse loack screen stuck like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-lock-screen-stucks/0b702928-3032-446a-b1fb-eb48add276ce
  8. Windows lock screen stucks

Windows lock screen stucks: After i lock my pc using windows + L.I can't sign into my account beacuse loack screen stuck like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-lock-screen-stucks/0b702928-3032-446a-b1fb-eb48add276ce
  9. Windows stuck on lock screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows stuck on lock screen: How do I fix windows 10 stuck on home screen? I have tried holding shift and restarting, so it gives me all the safe mode options etc... I select any of the options and it brings me to a blue screen. It asks me to select an account, I select the only account that’s there and...
  10. Lock screen stucks

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen stucks: In the login screen whenever I enter my pin or password the windows say just a moment and then again it shows the login screen again and again and I enter the right password but still it stucks in that login screen....