Windows 10: Windows stuck in "Attempting repair" boot up screen

Discus and support Windows stuck in "Attempting repair" boot up screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Today I moved my desktop PC to a different house. I don't have ethernet access there so I used a wifi USB adapter. I installed the drivers, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by luismb, Jun 19, 2020.

1. luismb Win User

Windows stuck in "Attempting repair" boot up screen

Today I moved my desktop PC to a different house. I don't have ethernet access there so I used a wifi USB adapter. I installed the drivers, it connected well but after a few minutes it disconnected, so I restarted the computer. It didn't connect to the wifi either, so I restarted it again. This time the Asus BIOS screen showed up, but instead of going away quickly like always it stayed there, not sure why. I didn't know what to do there, so I restarted it again (from the button), that's probably where I messed up.

This time, after the brief BIOS screen, a black screen with the Windows logo appeared, first with a "preparing automatic repair" message, then "diagnosing your PC" and then "attempting repair"... and it's stuck there. Maybe those aren't the correct translations sinct it's in Spanish but that's what it says more or less. I've tried waiting for hours (nothing happens, it stays in that screen loading), and restarting my computer from the button, the same screen appears. Both with the wifi adapter and without it, probably it doesn't matter but I had to try.

I've searched this message and looks like when this screen appears it can be lots of different reasons with many different solutions, so hopefully with what I've told you someone could help me choose the best one and what to do. Maybe what caused this is when I restarted the computer when the BIOS appeared and stayed there? (but also why did that happen on the first place??) Or less probable but it could have something to do with the usb wifi adapter, or its drivers or something? Or the wifi connection not working?

This is the BIOS screen that appears (it always appears, this is nothing new, but that's where it got stuck the first time so I rebooted):

Windows stuck in "Attempting repair" boot up screen [​IMG]

Should I press something here? It still appears.

I have lots of stressful things going on right now and this is the last thing I needed... so if someone could help me I'd really appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

:)

luismb, Jun 19, 2020
  2. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Jun 19, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 Repair Boot Loop

Hi Jed,

If your computer is stuck in a boot-loop state of Windows, it could mean that automatic repair isn't able to repair a corrupted or broken system file, but attempts to repair it over and over again. For us to assist you properly in resolving this boot-loop
    state, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the issue occur even after removing the USB wireless mouse?
    • Aside from running DISM, what other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Windows stuck in "Attempting repair" boot up screen

Stuck in auto repair loop

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If the screen is stuck for a long time on auto repair, I suggest you to restart the computer using power button and check. If the issue still persist, I suggest you to check if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode environment and check.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

• Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu
      appears, and then press ENTER.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows stuck in "Attempting repair" boot up screen

1. Windows stuck in "Attempting repair" boot up screen - Similar Threads - stuck Attempting repair

2. Stucked in attempting repairs screen when starting up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stucked in attempting repairs screen when starting up Windows 10: Hello, my pc stopped working for mysterious reasons and since, it doesn t work anymore. After trying a lot of things chkdsk and touching every button while praying god, I can't access the blue repair menu anymore. I'm forever stuck in that black screen, diagnosing my pc then...
  3. Stucked in attempting repairs screen when starting up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stucked in attempting repairs screen when starting up Windows 10: Hello, my pc stopped working for mysterious reasons and since, it doesn t work anymore. After trying a lot of things chkdsk and touching every button while praying god, I can't access the blue repair menu anymore. I'm forever stuck in that black screen, diagnosing my pc then...
  4. Stucked in attempting repairs screen when starting up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Stuck at ROG attempting to repair screen on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at ROG attempting to repair screen on startup: 11/12/2021Recently during restarts I've noticed a message on the ROG loading screen that it tries to repair the C drive or I can skip it by pressing any key. I let it run one time before, but it didn't seem to do anything so the past few times I've just skipped the check. I...
  6. Stuck at ROG attempting to repair screen on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at ROG attempting to repair screen on startup: 11/12/2021Recently during restarts I've noticed a message on the ROG loading screen that it tries to repair the C drive or I can skip it by pressing any key. I let it run one time before, but it didn't seem to do anything so the past few times I've just skipped the check. I...
  7. Stuck at ROG attempting to repair screen on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 is stuck in "Attempting repairs..." screen when booting up

Windows 10 is stuck in "Attempting repairs..." screen when booting up: Hello. A few days ago I installed the drivers of a USB Wifi adapter from TP-Link, but the adapter didn't work so I restarted my PC. It still didn't work so I restarted it again. This time when booting up it got stuck in the initial BIOS screen the one with the manufacturer...
  9. Attempting repairs stuck

Attempting repairs stuck: so, i have sony vaio. Yesterday i played like 3-4 hours, and now i opened my laptop and this happened [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attempting-repairs-stuck/d8f6cd82-f5ce-4c6f-b20a-c3ee2eb18862
  10. windows 10 stuck on attempting to repair

windows 10 stuck on attempting to repair: tried the 3 reboot and it does nothing same issue over and over again can not get past the attemting to repair screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stuck-on-attempting-to-repair/0c887bc7-689d-412d-9f9f-4d3acb3e4759