Windows 10: Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

Discus and support Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A few days ago, my computer started up automatically at 1am. I shut it down fairly quickly because it's loud enough to prevent me from sleeping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KierraMcCullough, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

A few days ago, my computer started up automatically at 1am. I shut it down fairly quickly because it's loud enough to prevent me from sleeping (nothing wrong with the hardware, it's just close to where I sleep and loud by design). I'm assuming it was trying to update automatically. I've done this many times before with no issue, but not this time.

The next day, when trying to boot it up normally, it would either display the windows logo indefinitely or display the windows logo and the loading icon, only to later go to a black screen indefinitely. Either way, I couldn't get past the windows automatic repair screen during a normal boot.

I changed the boot order to a windows 10 repair usb through BIOS, but my computer would never load it, instead going straight to the windows automatic repair screen. I double checked the specs of the repair usb to be sure it was set up correctly; it is. I checked several of the boot options to be sure I wasn't just selecting the wrong one, but all of them had the same result.

Now, it won't load BIOS or the boot menu at all. When I turn on my computer, it goes to the normal boot up icon screen which displays the hot keys to access BIOS, the boot menu, or Post. Pressing any of the keys (or any of the keys recommended online) just causes the computer to start the windows automatic repair screen. Letting it boot without intervention causes it to go to the windows automatic repair screen. No matter what I do, my computer gets stuck on that screen.

I haven't been able to find a method that could fix this without access to the desktop, BIOS, or the boot menu, of which I have access to none. Is there any way, or is my computer officially dead?

:)

KierraMcCullough, Mar 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Stuck on automatic repair loop

Hi Gurupad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have stuck on automatic repair loop after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to install Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After installing Windows 10, perform an Automatic Repair.

Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 8 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and
      Keyboard type

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

Automatic Repair stucks on windows 10

Hi Matthew,

We regret the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try repairing the system using Windows 10 installation media and check if it helps.

Step 1: Download Windows 10 from the below link and create media creation tool: Refer the below link,

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After creating the tool perform a Startup Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Startup Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings and more and try
    to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Perform the Startup repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click Startup repair.

Hope this information helps to resolve and makes your computer to work fine.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

1. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu - Similar Threads - stuck automatic repair

2. Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu: Hey everyone,Uh oh, my dual-boot adventure didn't go quite as planned! I tried installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on my laptop, but now I'm facing a triple whammy of problems: my BIOS isn't responding, the boot menu is nowhere to be found, and it looks like my Windows...
  3. Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu: Hey everyone,Uh oh, my dual-boot adventure didn't go quite as planned! I tried installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on my laptop, but now I'm facing a triple whammy of problems: my BIOS isn't responding, the boot menu is nowhere to be found, and it looks like my Windows...
  4. Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. PC stuck on reparing automatic repair loop, cant boot to BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stuck on reparing automatic repair loop, cant boot to BIOS: My PC has been working fine these past few days, until today when I turned it on, where it displayed “Preparing automatic repair” followed by “Diagnosing your PC”, then restarting, and then looping. It won’t let me boot into BIOS or the boot menu, no matter how many times I...
  6. PC stuck on reparing automatic repair loop, cant boot to BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC stuck on reparing automatic repair loop, cant boot to BIOS: My PC has been working fine these past few days, until today when I turned it on, where it displayed “Preparing automatic repair” followed by “Diagnosing your PC”, then restarting, and then looping. It won’t let me boot into BIOS or the boot menu, no matter how many times I...
  7. PC stuck on reparing automatic repair loop, cant boot to BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows Can't Boot / Stuck on Automatic Repair Loop

Windows Can't Boot / Stuck on Automatic Repair Loop: Hi there, Since yesterday, my laptop has been stuck on Automatic Repair loop. It shows SrtTrail.txt log. I tried troubleshooting it automatically and it got stuck on the loop. I tried restoring; the message that appeared read "successful" but after restarting, it got back...
  9. Stuck in boot loop automatic repair.

Stuck in boot loop automatic repair.: My laptop ran out of charge and turned off automatically. When i turned it on it showed "preparing automatic repair" and shows this blue screen.when i clicked continue it brought me back to the same blue screen. Plz help me What should I do?[IMG]...
  10. Computer stuck in Automatic Repair, will not boot into Windows

Computer stuck in Automatic Repair, will not boot into Windows: Hello. My Windows 10 laptop recently experienced a series of BSODs. I had first experienced a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT screen, and after Windows restarted the computer was too slow to be used normally. Then I got CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. After logging in on another reboot, I...