Windows 10: Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

Discus and support Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since I had a problem with a update huge preformance loss, I tried using the option to revert back to a previous build.It started the process, but soon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FormedLama, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

Since I had a problem with a update huge preformance loss, I tried using the option to revert back to a previous build.It started the process, but soon after, it was stuck in a boot loop, that looks like the following:- Dell Logo shows up no dots - Spinning dots with Dell logo- for a fraction of a second, command promt shows up- „We try to get the previous version“ rough translation- „we are getting the previous build“ rough translation- restartingI tried getting into the advanced boot setting menu, but it only shows me the Dell Hardware check thingy after shutting the pc down forc

:)

FormedLama, Aug 16, 2022

2. Windows stuck on previous restoring loop

Hi Mandy,

When an update to a newer version of Windows 10 is not successfully installed the device will automatically rollback to the previous version. If the device is stuck in a loop of restoring the previous version of Windows, this could be caused by system files
    that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any other changes made prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were there any error messages that showed up when you saw the restore loop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you completed?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 16, 2022
  3. John Ado Win User
    Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

Quite weird. Restart your device while holding the Shift button. Make sure that the bootable media is not plugged in. When it restarts, select
    Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Safe Mode.
    As far as I know, it's on the same screen with System Restore and Command Prompt.

If you still cannot see the Startup Settings, it's probably hidden. Select
    Command Prompt
    and follow these steps:

• Type bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes then press
      Enter
    • Once successful, restart your device.
    • If you see the Windows Boot Manager screen, press F8.
    • Proceed with Safe Mode and do the steps above.

John Ado, Aug 16, 2022
  4. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

reverting to previous build/version

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• When the computer did froze? Is it when you tried to roll back?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    I suggest you to remove all the external devices plugged in to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please restart the computer and check whether it rolled back or not. If it loads Windows 10,
    I suggest you to download the latest ISO of Windows 10 and perform automatic repair.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB
    and boot Windows 8 from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

If you really would like to rollback, I suggest you to refer the below article on How to go back to the previous operating system (Windows 7/8.1) from Windows 10.

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 23rd, 2015

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...original/76b6750c-5bb2-40bc-a7e3-f03cec62338b

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy

to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

1. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build - Similar Threads - stuck boot loop

2. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build: Since I had a problem with a update huge preformance loss, I tried using the option to revert back to a previous build.It started the process, but soon after, it was stuck in a boot loop, that looks like the following:- Dell Logo shows up no dots - Spinning dots with Dell...
  3. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build: Since I had a problem with a update huge preformance loss, I tried using the option to revert back to a previous build.It started the process, but soon after, it was stuck in a boot loop, that looks like the following:- Dell Logo shows up no dots - Spinning dots with Dell...
  4. Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot: Recently, my computer experienced a blue screen, and now whenever it is turned off or reset it seems to revert to the state it was in immediately before the blue screen. Any files that I download or move to any part of the computer are gone on reboot. Any files that I delete...
  5. Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot: Recently, my computer experienced a blue screen, and now whenever it is turned off or reset it seems to revert to the state it was in immediately before the blue screen. Any files that I download or move to any part of the computer are gone on reboot. Any files that I delete...
  6. Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Stuck in Boot Loop after Reset!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in Boot Loop after Reset!: Hi guys, I own a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 that i bought in March 2020. Today I decided to reset my PC as it was actually freezing on me a couple times. It went through the reset process smoothly but now its just stuck in a boot loop. The Microsoft logo appears, the loading...
  8. Windows 10 stuck in "boot-loop" after tried reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 stuck in "boot-loop" after tried reset: I wanted to reset my computer to tidy my hardrives. Everything important is saved on an external drive. Sadly, during the reset my laptop Asus FX553 got stuck in an "boot-loop". It should be on the "Preparing Windows..."-Screen but it is constantly rebooting and only showing...
  9. Windows Computer Stuck in Boot loop after trying to rollback update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Computer Stuck in Boot loop after trying to rollback update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GunnyTyler [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds9ohd/windows_computer_stuck_in_boot_loop_after_trying/
  10. Stuck in returning to previous build loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in returning to previous build loop: Long story short windows update forced itself through somehow and forcibly restarted my computer when auto update is off. It ruined all of my audio settings to the point of unusable. Tried reverting to a previous build, it goes to restart and re boot and as it boots it says...