Windows 10: Windows stuck in Boot screen after migrating SSD

Discus and support Windows stuck in Boot screen after migrating SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, after I plugged in my new SSD and copied all the files to it using Partition Wizard it is stuck in the loading screen after a restart. Normally it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/INF2401, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Windows stuck in Boot screen after migrating SSD

So, after I plugged in my new SSD and copied all the files to it using Partition Wizard it is stuck in the loading screen after a restart. Normally it should just load a bit and then start the copying software.

I've been waiting for 12 minutes now and yet nothing has happened. Should I just wait? Any other advice?

submitted by /u/INF2401
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/INF2401, Jan 2, 2020

2. AMD Athlon x2 4200+ based system migrating from w10 32bit to 64bit stuck at windows logo screen...

Possible reason why it’s getting stuck at blue logo screen is because the installation disc that you are using is damaged or corrupted.

Migrating to Windows 10 64 bit from 32 bit operating system requires installation, that means all files, data and applications will be deleted, we suggest to create a backup before the installation.

For the meantime, we recommend to create another installation media using Media Creation Tool and check if issue still persists.

Follow the steps listed on the article below on how to Migrate from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit .

Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

JericDale Ort, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Migrating Digitally Licensed Windows 10 to SSD

I am very confused on how to migrate my current OS to my SSD by using the new ISO by Windows. I have installed the ISO onto a flash drive. I have booted the flash drive and it says that I have to go back and start Windows normally and restart the upgrade
    process. What does this mean? Could anyone give me step-by-step instructions on how to migrate my OS? Also, my Windows 10 is digitally licensed.

AlexDT3956, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Windows stuck in Boot screen after migrating SSD

Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC after cloning Windows to new SSD. I would like to know what happens when you try to boot the PC to desktop using SSD?

The reason you are not able to boot the PC is that the files required to boot Windows are still recognizing the HDD as the main drive. I would suggest you to try rebuilding the BCD files and see if you are able to boot the PC using
    SSD.

Kindly follow the steps below to rebuild the BCD.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On the Install Windows screen, select Next >
      Repair your computer.
    3. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    4. Now type in the commands and hit enter: BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows stuck in Boot screen after migrating SSD

1. Windows stuck in Boot screen after migrating SSD - Similar Threads - stuck Boot screen

2. Desktop stuck on boot loading screen with ssd installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop stuck on boot loading screen with ssd installed: HiAs you probably noticed, pc WILL boot without ssd, but this issue came randomly after i restarted desktop. Ive had this setup running fine for a few weeks now. Specs: asus b760-i strix Recovery mode goes to blank screenKnown issues: when i Press the psu cpu cable it turns...
  3. Migrating to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating to SSD: Hi, I have an old notebook in which I want to add an m.2 SSD256gb and run a dual memoryHDD with 1TB. I searched online and I learnt that It should work. The problem is that I one to install only W10 and some programs on the SSD, while I want to keep the other things on the...
  4. Migrating to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrating to SSD: Hi, I have an old notebook in which I want to add an m.2 SSD256gb and run a dual memoryHDD with 1TB. I searched online and I learnt that It should work. The problem is that I one to install only W10 and some programs on the SSD, while I want to keep the other things on the...
  5. Migrating to SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. migrating windows to ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    migrating windows to ssd: Hello! My system fulfills all the requirements for Windows 11 upgrade, but I am planning to migrate my windows 10 to a newly installed SSD, will it affect the windows upgrade?...
  7. SSD Booting to Black Screen After Migration

SSD Booting to Black Screen After Migration: I am attempting to upgrade my Dell desktop from the original HDD to a Samsung 860 EVO SSD. The original drive is 1 TB, the new one is 500 GB. I am running Windows 10. I downloaded the Samsung Migration software, powered down the computer, installed the SSD into the machine...
  8. Migrating to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating to SSD: So, my computer came with a hard disk and I've recently bought an SSD. I downloaded Windows 10 onto a flash drive so I can use it as a boot drive, so what do I do to get my SSD set up properly and migrate the data from my hard drive over? I ask because of the prompts with...
  9. Laptop wont boot after migrating os form HDD to SSD

Laptop wont boot after migrating os form HDD to SSD: I want to upgrade to windows 10 in 2 stages . 1) Migrate Windows 7 OS and Programs from HDD to SSD 2) Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 After migrating the OS ( Windows 7 ) and Programs from HDD to SSD using Minitool Partition wizard , the computer wont boot after I...
  10. Migration to an SSD

Migration to an SSD: I moved the Windows 10 installation of my mother's PC from a hard drive to a SSD using DriveImageXML drive2drive feature with Windows running. I copied the boot system partition and the Windows partition (C*Smile then booted with the new system partition. But even if I booted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tried to migrate os to ssd and it wont boot now

2. acer stuck at acer logo screen cant boot windows ssd problem