Windows 10: Windows stuck in Recovery environment "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG-INFO"

Discus and support Windows stuck in Recovery environment "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG-INFO" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After turning on my computer yesterday for the first time that day my computer had issues starting up and went straight into the windows recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MohamedMu, Oct 20, 2019.

1. MohamedMu Win User

Windows stuck in Recovery environment "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG-INFO"

After turning on my computer yesterday for the first time that day my computer had issues starting up and went straight into the windows recovery environment. I do not seem to be able to get out of this mode and am unsure of what to do. The code I am given is BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG-INFO

:)

MohamedMu, Oct 20, 2019

2. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Oct 20, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to access Windows Recovery Environment normally

Some entries in the bcd for the recovery environment is either corrupted or missing. To fix the problem, you;d need to rebuild the entries for the recovery environment.
    Here's the steps:
    1. Turn on folder options to show hidden files/folders. Open admin command then type: reagentc /disable
      - This will move 2 files from the recovery partition reagent.xml and winre.wim to C:\windows\system32\recovery
    2. If you have the Windows 10 ISO, double click on it to mount to a virtual cd/dvd else If you have the Windows 10 USB then navigate to Sources folder and look for install.esd or install.wim.
    3. Use 7-ZIP to open install.esd or install.wim, select and index. eg. 6 then navigate to Windows\system32\recovery. You'd see 2 files: Winre.wim and reagent.xml.
    4. Remove everything from C:\windows\system32\recovery (ie. your current winre.win and reagent.xml)
    5. Copy the new winre.wim and reagent.xml from the install.esd/install.wim to C:\windows\system32\Recovery
    6. From admin command, type: ReAgentc /enable
    Reboot to recovery. This will also fix the problem with shutdown /r /o

topgundcp, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Windows stuck in Recovery environment "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG-INFO"

stuck in recovery

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that your computer is stuck in Automatic repair loop. In this case, I would suggest you to try the following methods:

Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer except essential devices like keyboard and mouse and then boot the computer and check. Sometimes, issues with external devices could cause issues with Windows startup. If the issue still persists,
    try the following methods.

Method 1: Run SFC/SCANNOW command in Windows 10:

• Left click on Start button.

• Right click on Command Prompt (Admin) option which will let you run
      'Run as administrator’.

• Command Prompt Window pops up.

• Type: SFC /SCANNOW and hit Enter.

You can also follow the link below for reference:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Try the following steps to run DISM scan to check and restore system file corruption:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

Method 2: If the above steps didn’t fix the issue, then I would suggest you to perform a system restore to an earlier date prior to this issue. Refer to these steps to perform a system restore from within the Windows recovery
    environment:

• When you enter the blue screen with advanced options (Windows recovery environment), click on ‘Troubleshoot’.
    • Now, click on ‘Advanced options’ and then click on ‘System Restore’.
    • Follow the prompts and choose a restore point created before this issue started.

Please let us know how it goes. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows stuck in Recovery environment "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG-INFO"

1. Windows stuck in Recovery environment "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG-INFO" - Similar Threads - stuck Recovery environment

2. Dell laptop stuck in recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop stuck in recovery environment: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 5406 and today when it was booting up, I got a BSOD. I force shut it down, and rebooted it and now it always opens up Windows recovery environment. None of the options shown are helping and there is no way to continue to Windows 11. My specs are as...
  3. Dell laptop stuck in recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell laptop stuck in recovery environment: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 5406 and today when it was booting up, I got a BSOD. I force shut it down, and rebooted it and now it always opens up Windows recovery environment. None of the options shown are helping and there is no way to continue to Windows 11. My specs are as...
  4. Stuck in the Windows Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in the Windows Recovery Environment: I have always had the problem of corrupt files. Everytime I would fix "fix" them, they would show up again resulting in BSOD's and other errors. But finally my computer gave out and is now in an endless loop of automatic repair every time I try to boot. I tried loading into...
  5. Stuck in the Windows Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in the Windows Recovery Environment: I have always had the problem of corrupt files. Everytime I would fix "fix" them, they would show up again resulting in BSOD's and other errors. But finally my computer gave out and is now in an endless loop of automatic repair every time I try to boot. I tried loading into...
  6. Stuck in the Windows Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Stuck in a Windows Recovery Environment loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in a Windows Recovery Environment loop: I'm trying to reset my pc but do I need a flash drive in order to reset the pc. Also I'm on windows 10. I'm asking this because it says Are you ready to reset this device? This can't be undone MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE IS PLUGGED IN. I am confused on when it says device because...
  8. Stuck in a Windows Recovery Environment loop

Stuck in a Windows Recovery Environment loop: I am stuck in a loop when I try to continue to windows 10 it sends me back from where I started. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-in-a-windows-recovery-environment-loop/c01259d9-de0d-4803-bb05-a962d7307096
  9. BSOD, stuck in windows recovery environment

BSOD, stuck in windows recovery environment: This morning I encountered the BSOD again but this time it was different I had first gotten ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY, didnt think it was a big deal until i restarted and instead of going back to my login screen I went into the recovery enviroment still not a huge...
  10. Windows 10 Stuck in Windows Recovery Environment

Windows 10 Stuck in Windows Recovery Environment: Hi, my computer is stuck in a loop and I have no idea what to do. My laptop screen is broken so I use a monitor. I have been using the monitor before the screen was broken so it's not a huge deal. So a while back I booted up my laptop like any other day and it wasn't...